Car purchase

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Car purchase

Postby TC » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:51 pm

I previously posted a topic under "escrow fraud" about 2 bogus sites I ran into while looking for a US import car.

The 3rd company actually checked out (technically) but I have to admit the people are strange - One character is listed as the car-owner and he's a German - for sure. the rest appear to speak only German and Russian and answer the phone in a kinda unprofessional manner.

The guy asked me if we wanted to come over to see and drive the car and we agreed on March 6th.

Even in tiny Europe he's like 540km away from us...

Something I noticed is that the picture in the add shows the license-plate number of the car..... isn't this unusual ?

What do you think ?

Of course when we go there we're not taking any cash with us (we're 2 but they still might be 20) and will just decide if we want to buy it or not.

Something else I was wondering: What's the best way to perform such a transaction ???? money first ? cash ? ownership-bill first ?

What is normally done ? this is my 2nd car and the 1st one I bought through a dealer I know well, so never had a moment of worry....

If I get assistance from you guys here, I can, from my side, help check out addresses and phone numbers in The Netherlands.
TC
Adolescent

Helping

Postby JaxHot » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:18 pm

You willing to help victims in the Netherlands?
Your language is a mystery to me...lol

NEVER BRING CASH.
(you know that)
Verify the ownership papers with the police.
I would bring a certified cashiers check that has the name of his bank and his name on it.
Make sure he cannot cash it anywhere else.
This way you can trace the funds.

I thought you might like this video from Netherlands TV
http://www.high.be/fgames/movies/movie_53_144.wmv
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TC » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:08 pm

:lol:

Good one... although I have to feel sorry for the people. It was a Belgian program about medical failures - the guy with the funny voice was operated on his vocal chords and that was the result... The show-host is trying to explain away his uncontrolable laugh when he heard the guy talk.

Ya - the language here is something else.... but I know how to search for companies at the chamber of commerce and verify their authenticity.

I hate frauders and thiefs - we all work damn hard to earn what we have and they think to get it for free - it's like stealing a part of your life.

BTW what do you think about the car-add being posted with the license-plate number visible ? And thanks for the chasier-check tip - I'll use it :)
TC
Adolescent

Postby JaxHot » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:03 pm

I haven't seen the license-plate therefore I cannot determine anything.
Is it european?
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TC » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:58 am

It's the US Celica GT, but has already been imported into Germany and is on a German license plate.

Mind, I don't speak German so looking for a site to track the license-plate number is tough....

I managed to relate the letters to a county, and that indeed corresponds to where this car is kept.

I just find it odd that they left it visible !!! I'm definitely not a scammer and whenever I publish pics of my beloved machine - I make sure the license-plate is not visible.....

He also sounds, well, not exactly happy to sell the car...

From what he told me before: the car was imported for someone who couldn't pay for it - so they kept it on the company name and he drives it now (1.5 months) he said it would be unconfortable for a large person but luckily I'm 1.6 without heels....

When he was talking about the car I could just hear the excitement in his voice - I can fully well understand that he doesn't want to sell it - this is why I have to chase him around a bit....

If he was a scammer - he'd starve....
TC
Adolescent

Here is one to check

Postby JaxHot » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:06 pm

Claims to be located in the Netherlands
http://www.cess-online.net/
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TC » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:59 pm

WHOIS information for cess-online.net:

[whois.enom.com]

Registration Service Provided By: ***Internet Service Europe Ltd***
Visit: http://www.i-s-e.nl

Domain name: cess-online.net

Registrant Contact:
none
Hendrik de Rover (hendrikrover@yahoo.com)
+31617772487
Fax: +31847300132
Willem Nakkenstraat 13
Amsterdam, Noord Holland 1061 SZ
NL

Administrative Contact:
none
+31617772487
Willem Nakkenstraat 13
NL

Technical Contact:
none
+31617772487
Willem Nakkenstraat 13
NL

Name Servers:
ns3.hu2.nl
ns4.hu2.nl

Creation date: 29 Aug 2005 10:07:27
Expiration date: 29 Aug 2006 10:07:27
Whois-Services: 7d384c8b-3ec8-43da-8143-c1c458859fd0@whois-services.com

These details do point to an address in Amsterdam but look here:

1. The street name on the website does not exist... the area-code that would normally follow is missing and here you would say THE Netherlands.....
2. The website is made at such a poor level it's ridiculous
3. Spelling mistakes in the title when you go to "contact us"
4. You can submit without filling any info - to me an alarm-sign...
5. They don't appear to have a Dutch version - or do they not want to service their own nation ....?
6. They do not appear to be registered at the chamber of commerce...

End conclusion: it's a scam.

Don't use them and let me tonight (I have another night shift) find out who deals with fraud cases here.

** Even a real company that presents itself so poorly I wouldn't want to use - this would probably reflect the quality of their work.....
TC
Adolescent

Re: Here is one to check

Postby TC » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:08 am

JaxHot wrote:Claims to be located in the Netherlands
http://www.cess-online.net/

Earlier this evening I found their host and sent an email... now I see the site has changed - although all the WHOIS info is exactly the same.....

Let's wait a while - maybe it's a safe-cover and then they'll put the scam back up....

I'm surprised this happened so fast !!

Now - check this out !!!! http://www.martinetti.nl/

I ran a google search and found this company - notice how the 2 different URLs take you to what seems like the same page !!!! only the address in the address bar is different !!!
TC
Adolescent

Postby TC » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:58 pm

Here's a reply from the host:

"
Hi XXXX,

Thank you for bringing this under our attention. I guess you are right about it being a fraudsite. Sometimes we do get these things in our business, lost month we had one to and we went to the police with it, but they are not giving it priority.
The invoice is also still not paid so it's very easy.We removed the website.

greetings,

Peter XXXXX
--
Hosting U2
http://www.hostingu2.nl
email: info@hostingu2.nl
"

His English is not perfect but he's Dutch of course....and if you check out the URL now - it's gone.
TC
Adolescent

hehehehe

Postby JaxHot » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:02 pm

Good job TC
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams