http://www.freight-transport-ltd.com/

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: http://www.freight-transport-ltd.com/

Postby jazzyjj » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 am

hi all,
I am currently looking for an apartment in Ottawa, and came across a 'too good to be true' posting on the ottawa-rental website. The guy claims to be Andrew Brinhs (his email address is: andrew.brinhs@live.ca). His first email said:

"Hello,
Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 445 Laurier Ave W, Ottawa, ON is still available. It has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 740CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.
Any further questions please contact me back by e-mail.

Thank you for your interest and i`m waiting for your answer."

I emailed him back (having not yet checked him out online), and just rec'd this response from him:

"Hello ,
Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 740CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called Expressair-Sameday which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the Expressair-Sameday web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.expressair-sameday.all.co.uk ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)

Let me know if you are interested!"
This is such a scam - I have since found that the pictures he used to advertise his apartment in Ottawa are the same as several other people's postings...

the original posting can be found at:
http://www.ottawa-rentals.com/index.php ... tingID=354
jazzyjj
NewBorn

Re: http://www.freight-transport-ltd.com/

Postby Igyt » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi,
2009 I bought a car, would have it delivered to my home. The procedure is the same as above. Now my son looking at mobile.de after a car and he found his Jaguar X-Type, but when I saw a car ad, so I told my son that it is a scam company. 6000 Euro for a 2007-2008 Jaguar X-Type + contact me only on this email (as it says on photot). I told my son how he works and where he is. (he bought / bank withdrawal etc car from Germany, but the car is now in England, where he makes use of a transportation company, for the repatriation of the car to me, etc.). We sent off an email to Paul, and today we received a response from Paul Towler. Guess who was right. Just as I described to my son, stood there in the email.

Here is his email:

Hi,

I've attached you more pictures. The car is in good condition, NEVER been in accidents, no technical problems, no hidden defects. The car is still registered in Germany. I have worked in Germany for the last year and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Liverpool, England. I've brought the car home with me and it's now located in Liverpool, England.
The car is already deposited at Expert Cargo Delivery Ltd. (United Kingdom transport company). I've already paid this company to take care about the transaction. The company can deliver the car directly to your address. I WILL PAY THE TRANSPORT TAXES. You will have 5 to 10 days for inspection so you can make sure the car is in perfect condition.
If you are still interested to buy it let me know where are you from. ( City, Country )

Thank you,
Paul

Paul Towlers Emails address is: pptowler71@live.com

What we must do now, is it to tell him that we want to go to Liverpool and look at the car, yes I know, he will have a lot of excuses. Now I do not know how to make a police anmällan on this and am grateful for the help.

Best regards,
Igyt
Igyt
NewBorn

Previous

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams