car fraude on car sale sites (autoscout, mobile.de)

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

car fraude on car sale sites (autoscout, mobile.de)

Postby creative117 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:16 pm

very easy! if the car is to cheap, the milage is to little and the car is too new.....

this is what you will get: (of corse my wife does not get a car from me :):))

Hello,

We want to let you know that we have another buyers for this car so if you want to reserve the car you must go in the morning to a Western Union agency or a post office near you and send as 25% from the car value after that please scan and attach the paper to check your transfer.
For more details please check http://www.westernunion.com .
This are the name and address where to send the money:
Name: James Arthur
Address: 30 Leicester Square
City: London
Zip: WC2H 7LA
As soon as we will receive your payment bill we will reserve the car for you.After that please confirm as the day when you will be here no more that 4 weeks.In this way you can be here and make the contract here and set the extended warranty for one year.When you will came here we will go together at the bank and pick-up your money and pay us the whole money.
If you don't trust us you can put your name and not James Arthur and nobody then you can't pick-up the money.
For example:
Name: Roger xxx
Address: 30 Leicester Square
City: London
Zip: WC2H 7LA
You can put your wife or a friend of you to make this thing to send you the advance here on your name.
We ask you this to reserve the car on your name to see that you are a serious buyer
Thanks for your time
Best regards,

On 1/29/09, creative117 wrote:
Hi James,

i am more or less in a hurry. i really love your car and i would like to buy it for my wife as a birthdaypresent. because she has her birthday on the 14 of february i do not have much time. Please can i pay you a depostit of 50 % (2500 euro's) so that you are sure i want to buy the car. please can you let me know asap to which bankaccount i can send you the money and were i can collect the car (i come with a friend, we have an car ambulance) on the 7th of february.

Thansk for your quick response and sorry for my poor english,

best regards,

Roger
----- Original Message -----
To: creative117
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: audi TT

Hello,

Thank you for being interested in our vehicle. Here at AUTO 121 DIRECT LIMITED we value the customer, so feel free to ask any questions
you may have. The vehicle is still available for sale.Title of the vehicle is clear
and has never been involved in any car accidents. It is located in
BRENTWOOD,ESSEX / UNITED KINGDOM at our office . It was bought from
Germany. The vehicle is currently not registered in traffic. The driver seat (
steer wheel ) is on the left side of the vehicle so it is impossible for
the sale to be made in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The price is low because we bought it from a German auction. The
vehicle was previously owned by a company that had a debt ( loan ) at
HSBC Bank. The vehicle was impounded ( taken ) by the bank and sold to
pay the debt. We can not sell the vehicle at a higher price because we
would pay an extra fee due to auction laws in the United Kingdom.
You can check our company at http://www.checksure.biz using our company
number 03711764.
Thank you for your interest and We are looking forward for your response.

Regards!

--
JAMES ARTHUR LAWRENCE( Sales Manager )
Number: 03711764
Name: AUTO 121 DIRECT LIMITED

Address: Library House
New Road
Brentwood
Essex CM14 4GD
Trading:

Address CONQUEST HOUSE
COLLINGTON AVENUE

BEXHILL-ON-SEA
TN39 3LW
UNITED KINGDOM
Fax. +44 208 328 7202
Company V A T. GB-06270668

so be carefull out there
creative117
NewBorn

Re: car fraude on car sale sites (autoscout, mobile.de)

Postby jcrcunha » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi, I'm from Portugal, and Need to know if AUTO 121 DIRECT LIMITED fraud? Please, tell me...
jcrcunha
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:41 pm

jcrcunha wrote:Hi, I'm from Portugal, and Need to know if AUTO 121 DIRECT LIMITED fraud? Please, tell me...

So far it looks indeed like it. However at this point I need the real web address for this "company" to make sure.
lightfair
Master

Postby tori67 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi,
I´m in spain.
I have receive this email in response to this car
http://www.autoscout24.es/Details.aspx?id=153716100

Hello,
The vehicle is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, no
smoking. It's fun and robust to drive. Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well. It
has title of ownership, cleared of any obligations or fees and comes with all the documents you need to register it.You will not have to pay additional taxes for thisThe (includes VAT (19%) which is deductible if you are buying as a firm).
(the car is register in Germany and have german documents).
It's my personal car.I've listed the car under AutoPark so I can sell it faster, but it's my personal car.I have worked in Germany for the last 1 year and I've purchased the car there.
My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in England (UK).
I'VE BROUGHT THE CAR HOME WITH ME AND IT'S NOW LOCATED iIN ENGLAND (UK).
I've decided that it's better to sell it because I don`t use it anymore (the steering wheel is on left side and it' very difficult for me to drive it), it `s a pity to keep such a car and not to use it. It's listed in Germany because when i have posted the car on http://www.mobile.de and autohaus ,I had to use a German address.Now I'm trying to sell it back for such a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes (here in UK is a big tax for export cars).I tried to sell the car in UK, but nobody want`s to buy a left side steering wheel car. My car is already at the "http://121ltd.auto.officelive.com/" at their local representant..(i paid this company to take care about transaction).

We can have a deal if you are really interested to buy it.The price is correct and it's not negotiable and it also includes the transport.Please write me back to discuss only if you are interested because I am tired of people that ask questions and are not interested at all.
Regards,

It seems to be a fraud, isn`t it?
regards
tori67
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 am

tori67 wrote:Hi,
I´m in spain.
I have receive this email in response to this car
http://www.autoscout24.es/Details.aspx?id=153716100

This is clearly a "fake" add. Each time you read something like this in the description "FOR MORE DETAILS CONTACT ONLY PHOTO E-MAIL DETAILS !!! =============== FÜR WEITERE EINZELHEITEN TRETEN SIE NUR MIT FOTO-EMAIL-DETAILS IN VERBINDUNG! =============== PER PIÙ PARTICOLARI METTA IN CONTATTO CON SOLTANTO I PARTICOLARI DEL EMAIL DELLA FOTO! " and so on and the pictures have an email address embedded you know that this is an account of a real dealer that was hacked and abused by the scammers.

It seems to be a fraud, isn`t it?

It clearly is, yes. Thanks for reporting it
lightfair
Master

Postby piciu182003 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Hello, can you tell me if auto 121 is a real fraude??
i had almost bought a car from they but now i want to be sure of this company
thank you and i'll wait for your response
piciu182003
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:50 pm

99.9% it is a fraud. But I need more details and if possible the web address of the company.
lightfair
Master

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams