Autoscout24.com & Autozone.be Scams! Beware! Update 15.05.09

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Autoscout24.com & Autozone.be Scams! Beware! Update 09.03.09

Postby Kucsi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:22 pm

I think so too. Now i just wait for the answer, after that, you can add him to the list of other frauds.
Thank for your help.
Kucsi
Infant

Postby georg » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:37 pm

ok...first one i try to kill this stupid offer
http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=bzfjxsxqdovu

georg
europe support
georg

Postby georg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:49 pm

done....offer is deleted
europe support
georg

Postby Kucsi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Today i got an answer from the seller. He gave me an email address of the transporter. I contacted him, and the transporter sent me a image from his identity card and I dont know anyting about the way of payment yet.
Is it a typical for a fraud, that he sent me an image?
Kucsi
Infant

Postby lightfair » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Kucsi wrote:Today i got an answer from the seller. He gave me an email address of the transporter. I contacted him, and the transporter sent me a image from his identity card and I dont know anyting about the way of payment yet.

While it is not exactly "typical" I can safely say that it occasionally happens, yes. Over the years I was sent several scanned ID cards; sometimes it was clearly the same card with a different name on it.
lightfair
Master

Re: Autoscout24.com & Autozone.be Scams! Beware! Update 06.04.09

Postby GeriDimova » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Hello!
I also found a car that was underpriced. When I read here about the "I moved to UK and I urgently need to sell the car because I can't drive it here" situation I got pretty alarmed. The guy that is trying to sell me the car has moved to the UK to work for a company but his english is worse than mine! He suggested that we use PAS for the transportation which I tried to google but in vain. He is going to cover the expenses for the delivery of the car. The funny thing is that he is not asking for any money in advance. However, he wanted to know some personal details... Well, here's what he wrote:
Hello again,

Ok is the last price 3200 EUR i sell you because i need money!for buy another car here in United Kingdom urgently!

Regarding your interest on my vehicle I want to let you know how i want to proceed with the transaction.
You have to know that I have paid all the taxes in Germany and you will not have to pay any import or registration tax, only the price of the vehicle.
The vehicle is in United Kingdom with me like i said in my first email .
For the delivery (transport) of the vehicle and payment i want to use PAS Transport company because is the safest way for both to settle the transaction.
Here is the conditions of the transaction:
1) A soon as I will have your personal details I will start the transaction with the company,i will pay the taxes of transport and i will sign the sales contract .After that the company will check you the documents and history of the car
2) You will get a notification from the company with informations about transport,tracking and payment.
Before to pay any money you will get the sales contract too.
3) You will have to confirm the payment in 48 hours from the receive of the notification and the sales contract so the vehicle can leave United Kingdom.
4) you will get the car including all required documents and vehicle keys in 3-4 business days depend on your location, weather and traffic.

After you get the car you can make a status report at an authorised dealers or a test drive on your city streets .If you are satisfied you will register the car on your name and after that they will give me the money.

So if you agree with the conditions above please send me your full name and address complete (street/house/apartment number,zip/code, city/state and country),identity card or passport number and your phone number where you can be reached.

NOTE: In case that you are not satisfied about the vehicle condition , the company will return you the money and the vehicle will return to United Kingdom on my expense.

Thank you for understanding my safety concerns and I apologize for any inconvenience I may caused you.

Here's a link to the car's add:
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=112553765&__lp=5&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=22900&makeModelVariant1.modelId=12&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuel=DIESEL&minFirstRegistrationDate=2002-01-01&siteId=GERMANY&adLimitation=ONLY_FSBO_ADS&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&categories=Limousine&lang=en&pageNumber=1
This doesn't really sound like a scam to me but considering the facts mentioned above it might as well be one. Thank you for reading my post!
P.S.:I found another guy who wants to deliver me the car via the http://www.vala-transit.com service which, as I found out here is fake. His email is : ingedesmet29@hotmail.com and the fake add is here http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=110620570
GeriDimova
NewBorn

Postby peg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:06 pm

What is the URL for PAS Transports? Did he provide that?
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby martinrushton » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 pm

lightfair wrote:
Kucsi wrote:Today i got an answer from the seller. He gave me an email address of the transporter. I contacted him, and the transporter sent me a image from his identity card and I dont know anyting about the way of payment yet.

While it is not exactly "typical" I can safely say that it occasionally happens, yes. Over the years I was sent several scanned ID cards; sometimes it was clearly the same card with a different name on it.

I was sent a scan of the passport of the guy who was to meet me at the airport to go to see the car.
Needless to say, no guy, no car and the money gone - drawn using false ID at Western Union.
Police told me the passport was a fake.

Be careful !
martinrushton
NewBorn

Postby GeriDimova » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Oh, this is so funny! How could he think I'd buy it?! I'm sure now it's fake! You can add him to the fake list. Here's what he wrote:
I understand you don't worry.

The problem is that first we must be register so we can access their website and i must initiate the transaction but i don't have your details.
You will provide the payment after you receive the reply of the company and the contract of sale.

I hope that now you understand the steps of the transaction.

Thanks,
GeriDimova
NewBorn

Postby peg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:34 pm

I cannot add it to the list until I have the URL (Web address).

Feel free to provide him with FALSE information (so that you don't become an Identity theft victim). Just to get the Web address.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams