I think I was scammed

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

I think I was scammed

Postby belfair1030 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:31 am

I was looking up horse trailers for sale on a very reputable equine site and asked for some more information on a trailer listed. The seller replied and emailed me this after sending me some pictures of the trailer she emailed me this:
Hi again,
First please let me explain you the process of this sale and afterwards you can decide if you want to go with it or not.
Like i said in my first email i am in UK now, however my presence won't be necessary as I prearranged the deal with a shipping and escrow company. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a inspection period (up to 14 days), title transfer service or/and (if needed) returns and refunding. The shipping isn't a problem, is a service offered for me as a customer (it's free of charge for you). You will receive the trailer along with all the documents. The trailer is paid in full and will come with the title (clear title), bill of sale signed by me and all the papers that you need to register it under your name.
As for the payment we can start a transaction through the freight company where I'm already registered. You will have to register too on their web site, sign into your account and start a new transaction as a buyer. They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction. I won't get paid till it arrives with the title and you inspect it.
Email me back with a shipping name and address if you'd like to buy the trailer...
Thank you!

So I email back and ask about the process and I was emailed this:

Here it is how the transaction will take place : first I will send you company's web site . You will register and start the transaction. The company will contact you with payment invoice and you will have to transfer the money into their trust account. After payment verification they will deliver the trailer to your address.

From this moment you have up to 14 days to inspect the trailer and to decide if you buy it or not. The company has the power of attorney and they can register the trailer on your name . If however you decide not to buy it, the company will pick it up and they will give your money back with no questions asked. Also please note that in all this time the money will remain in company's trust account until you give a GO to sign the documents. As far as I know they work with bank wire transfers.

Thank you and let me know if you agree with terms.
I emailed her back and received information on how to register and was sent this:
In order to start the deal you have to go to their web site: http://terra-prime-ltd.eu and register (it's free). After the registration is complete go to your account and start a new transaction as a buyer. Please remember, the total price is $6900, the shipping and escrow company fees will be paid by me, so you will have to fill in the form with the amount of $6900 and select the 'paid by seller' option in the shipping and escrow fees field.

So I did that and now that Terra Prime has my money I was given a tracking number and transaction number. The tracking number gives an estimated delivery date of Sept 25. I have tried calling the company and emailing no response. I have tried to email the seller no response. I can't find the company on Google.com. Am I screwed?
Sellers email wchristina518@gmail.com
belfair1030
NewBorn

Re: I think I was scammed

Postby lightfair » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello,

unfortunately you have been a victim to this type of escrow fraud. The website of the alleged company is clearly fake; the layout had been used quite a number of times before.

Contact your bank immediately and try to get your money back. However the chances are usually not very high.
lightfair
Master

Re: I think I was scammed with www.europa-transport.com

Postby Paulbert92 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Paulbert92
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud