Alibaba Escrow

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Alibaba Escrow

Postby KrystalFreeman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:57 am

Ok, so I was searching for online/at home jobs. I was searching through Yahoo's hotjobs section and posted my resume to a company called "Alibaba Escrow" In order for me to "work" for them, I have to supply my real name (well, that's natural) but also my bank name, account #, routing #, my social security #, a copy of my DL, and a few other personal details. I was all for it, because I assumed that since it was on yahoo hotjobs, it just has to be legit. However, I HAVE NOT YET supplied them with any of that information. In fact, I was searching the net to see how to find out if they were a real company or not. That's when I came across this site. I figured I'd check it out. The picture on the home page with the big black X on it.... It's the exact same site! (different name) http://www.alibabaescrow.com check it out, and see if that's the same company. If it is legit, I'd like to know, but something tells me it's fishy. Please let me know something. I have emailed this company to ask if they were registered with the BBB, but that was before I realized that they are based in the UK. So far, that's my story. Maybe you can find out more than I could. I just came across all this TODAY.
KrystalFreeman
NewBorn

Postby peg » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:59 pm

Ok, first of all..... Trust your gut instincts..... You had enough sense to think about it before you sent your info. This sounds almost like a new angle too.

Anyway, let me start with the whois info:

http://easywhois.com/index.php?domain=alibabaescrow.com wrote:

registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
whois: whois.melbourneit.com
referrer: http://www.melbourneit.com
Nameservers:
NS1.ALIBABAESCROW.COM
NS2.ALIBABAESCROW.COM
expires: 24-feb-2007

Registrar Data:

Domain Name.......... alibabaescrow.com
Creation Date........ 2005-02-25 <-- Created JUST 3 days agao
Registration Date.... 2005-02-25
Expiry Date.......... 2007-02-25
Organisation Name.... Lycos, Inc.
Organisation Address. 864 BREEZY OAKS DRIVE
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. TOMS RIVER
Organisation Address. 08753
Organisation Address. NJ
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... TONI CINO
Admin Address........ 864 BREEZY OAKS DRIVE
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ TOMS RIVER
Admin Address........ 08753
Admin Address........ NJ
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... alibabaescrow@yahoo.com
Admin Phone.......... 7322810188
Admin Fax............ +1.7814667060

Tech Name............ Lycos Domains NIC
Tech Address......... 100 Fifth Ave
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Waltham
Tech Address......... 02451
Tech Address......... MA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... nic@domains.lycos.com
Tech Phone........... +1.7813702700
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... ns1.alibabaescrow.com
Name Server.......... ns2.alibabaescrow.com

I did a search for the phone number on google (It's amazing what google will come up with.) and I found that it comes back to a business called Foods in a Flash ( http://www.flashfrozenfood.com/contact/contact.htm ) which has been on the web since at least March of 2002 (significantly longer).

Any way.. it looks like this cat (of alibabaescrow.com) has stolen the info of a legit person. (What lows will they go to next). I will attempt to contact the Actual TONI CINO and advise him of this situation. Hopefully he will post a response up here as well.

As KrystalFreeman points out... the image is almost exactly like the one on my main page ( http://escrow-fraud.pgardner.net ). That alone is proof enough for me to avoid them.

Just because a site is listed on a legit one (such as HotJobs.com or Monster.com or any of the others) you must keep in mind that they may still be a fraud. These sites sometimes have little or no policing of their listings for legitamacy. Typically their terms will have a clause that protects them for fraudsters like this. Unless you can prove illegal activity, they often will do nothing.

These sites probably use the job lisitings to Phish for info that they can use to steal or get fraudulant credit in your name so they can pay for the registration of these illegal sites. That way they can hide their tracks.

Nonetheless.... Avoid alibabaescrow.com as I am positive it is a Image.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

WOW

Postby KrystalFreeman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:13 pm

Thanks for that! I'm glad I had enough sense to check it out before I got involved with them. And to be completely honest, had I not run across this particular site, I probably would have fallen for it because I searched for over 2 hours before finding this site, and I found NOTHING! Anyway, if you wish, I would gladly foward the emails from them to you. What can be done to stop these people?
KrystalFreeman
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud