Help me Please, Is this fraud?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Help me Please, Is this fraud?

Postby yasserangel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi I am from Mexico in previous days I saw an offer on the Internet. The seller claims to be from Greece, his name is Andreas Benali and email is andreas95ba@hotmail.com. He suggested using a escrow company to make the purchase. The company is Pegasus-Express: http://www.pegasus-express.com/. I gave him my information and the company sent me this email:

Pegasus Express
Transaction Details # GR8N6MX
Dear / Yasser Angel Godinez Mendoza,
First we thank you for choosing our services.
We inform you that we have in custody "Keyboard Yamaha Motif XS 6" with tracking number GR8N6MX.
To view the details of the transaction you should visit our website pegasus-express.com and click on the left side of the page where is written "Follow". After you click on the section that will open a new page where you must enter the tracking number of your shipment. After you entered as you make a click on the button where it spelled 'GO' and all the details of the transaction will appear.
To complete the payment, all you have to do is go to a Western Union office and send the money to our agent.
Agent Details:
Name Tomas
Last Braden
Address Agiou Konstantinou 21
Athens City
Zip code 10431
Country Greece
D.N.I. B-171052838
The total amount you must send is 7,000 MXN Pesos

After completing the payment you have to send an e-mail with all the details of payment support@pegasus-express.com
Payment Details we need:
scanned paper document or a photo of Western Union;
MTCN number;
exact amount;
the full name of the sender of the money.

After we receive the money, we will begin shipping immediately. Shipping will take approximately 4-5 days and the package will be delivered directly to your home.
For security reasons, we may put on the phone with you to confirm the transaction.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,
Team Pegasus Express
Web: pegasus-express.com
E-mail: support@pegasus-express.com

I want to know if this company is real, the website looks legitimate, but payment is Western Union, which I find suspicious. What do you think?
yasserangel
NewBorn

help from ROMANIA

Postby marian0102 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:21 am

DON'T SEND ANY MONEY,USE ONLY WWW.ESCROW.COM TO COMPLETE DEALS OVER THE INTERNET.

EBAY RECOMMENDS IT,PLEASE CHECK http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/escrow.html

DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME IF YOU NEED ANY HELP AND PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES AND MONEY WILL BE SAVED!
marian0102
Infant

Re: Help me Please, Is this fraud?

Postby lightfair » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:42 am

yasserangel wrote:I want to know if this company is real, the website looks legitimate, but payment is Western Union, which I find suspicious. What do you think?

The website isn't real; it's completely fake. Please compare to the following entries in our database:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=299

Please post name and email address used by the "seller" (which is the scammer himself).
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud