europesafedeal.com - FRAUD

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

europesafedeal.com - FRAUD

Postby peg » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:26 pm

from a Feedback Message from chris wrote:From: chris
what do you think of europesafedeal.com?

Well I took a quick glance at http://europesafedeal.com/ and It just struck me as fraudulant. I did some checking anyway. Of course I looked at the WHOIS info courtesy of Samspade.Org http://samspade.org/t/lookat?a=europesafedeal.com and I noticed a few things: First a creation date of 2004-11-23. That's pretty new for my liking In fact... That's TODAY!!!! (as of this writing) Hmmmm.. I guess they waste no time.

Next thing I noticed is that YAHOO! is the registrar. Not to say that yahoo doesn't host legit sites, but most Reputable business (of this type) will have their OWN server (given the type of data being stored). Using YAHOO means it's being stored on YAHOO's servers. Again.... Throws up another flag (Especially for a site with a copyright of 1999 )

Then consider the types of transaction you would do on this site... Don't you want SSL (after all your dealing with some sensitive and personal info). So if you check to see if they are SSL enabled (which ANY reputable site dealing with money should be), just use the HTTPS and go to https://europesafedeal.com . Not only will you see they don't have SSL enabled you can further verify that the site is hosted on YAHOO!

Finally.. (not that I couldn't find more.... I have found enough to convice me) If you check (in their faqs) http://europesafedeal.com/help.php#4 what types of payments they take (or prefer) you see that they acutually prefer Western Union. If you check with Western Union

http://www.westernunion.com/info/faqSecurity.asp#faq6 wrote:6. Does Western Union offer an escrow service or any kind of buyer protection?

* Western Union does not offer an escrow service or any type of "purchase protection" policy. Western Union's business is to transfer funds from a sender to a receiver. We caution people who use our services against sending money to people they don't know.It is the sender's responsibility to know the party to which the funds are being sent. Using a fictitious name or changing the Receiver name after the money transfer has been sent is not a guaranteed means of securing funds. If a receiver presents proper identification with the same name as on the money transfer, payment will be made.
* Be wary of 3rd party "collection" or "holding" services unless they are a reputable, licensed escrow service. Western Union is not an escrow service, should not be used as an escrow service and is currently not affiliated with any escrow services.

So by Western Union's own site you should probably NOT use them for payment.

suffice it to say this is a FRAUD
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

europesafedeal.com

Postby JaxHot » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:05 pm

Are you people going to analyze the site to death or do something constructive?
Paul.....after you entered this transaction did you bother to report the site as fraud?

Item
Crap
Escrow ID
sg0dwqvo
Selling Price
100000 USD
Escrow Fee
1500 USD
Total Due
101500 USD
Status
Waiting for payment
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: europesafedeal.com

Postby peg » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:58 am

JaxHot wrote:Are you people going to analyze the site to death or do something constructive?
Paul.....after you entered this transaction did you bother to report the site as fraud?

Actually I did report the site as fraud. However, just one complaint from one person does little good. I try to do what I can. My main goal is to INFORM others. The quicker the fraud sites get reported to me, the quicker they show up in search engines.

I have gotten no response from my report to Yahoo! (the registrar) but I can send them another request.

Please feel free to contat them as well (their email is available via the TECH CONTACT in the WHOIS info.

Paul
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JaxHot » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:14 pm

Paul,
I have reported the domain to Yahoo.
They have a special e-mail specifically for that purpose.
domains-abuse@cc.yahoo-inc.com
It generally takes a business day for them to respond.
I've been doing this for quite a while now.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peg » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:48 pm

JaxHot,

I did not realize that YAHOO did have a special email address for this. I shall try and remember that for next time.

I try to report (and get shut down) as many sites as I can, but me being one person doing this in my spare time, makes things tough. That being said, I, as I am sure many others who come across this info, do appreciate your efforts in getting them shut down.

I am trying to get an area where people (like yourself) can put up information about suspected (or confirmed) fraud sites, and have them automatically entered in my database. I have a single page which lists ALL the sites I have (mainly for bots and spiders to crawl) found or have reported. Currently I am listing in the neighborhood of 600. The sad part is, is that I know there are many many more.

Any way, thanks again for your efforts as well.

Paul
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Escrow Fraud