Escrow / Transport scam

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Escrow / Transport scam

Postby Saraceen » Thu May 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Hello,

I am Marcel from the Netherlands I would like to share a story which is similar to others on the forum:
(please be gentle... My english ok, but not perfect)

It started when I wanted to buy a car ( 2007 Suzuki Swift 1.6 Sport ) from Germany.
http://www.quoka.de/autos-nach-marken/suzuki/c9261a129714249/suzuki-swift-1-6-sport.html

Here is the E-mail story so far:
First mail is in German ( [url]translate.google.com[/url] )

Send: zaterdag 26 april 2014 14:37
Subject: Suzuki Swift 1.6 Sport Special+ 4.000 EUR

Hallo,

Das Auto ist noch zum Verkauf angeboten. Ich muss Ihnen sagen, dass es in einwandfreiem Zustand ist, keine Mängel, immer Garage gehalten und es hat Service-Buch. Es ist ein deutsches Modell, hat TÜV bis zum nächsten Jahr, nie in einen Unfall verwickelt. Für alle anderen Fragen oder Details können Sie mich per E-Mail.

Danke!

My reply:

Hallo,

Vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort. Morgen werde ich einen Import Firma zu kontaktieren. Wenn ich alle Kosten weiß, werde ich Ihnen eine E-Mail senden. Wir machen dann einen Termin zu besuchen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel

E-mail from seller 27-04-2014
Send: zondag 27 april 2014 21:40
To: Marcel
Subject: RE: Suzuki Swift 1.6 Sport Special+ 4.000 EUR

Hier können Sie übersetzen den Text in Deutsch : http://translate.google.de/?hl=de#
My last price is 4.000 € . I worked in Germany for about an year ,and now they moved my office in London , UK . Now i'm located in London and the car is here with me . I separate with heavy heart from this beautiful and very well maintained car but i must sell it because I need to buy a car with the wheel on the right side. This is an German car with German papers.From this point we have two options so we can go further with the transaction :
1) You can come over my place and take the car .
2) I can ship it to your home address at my cost

I wait your answer !

Friedman Schadd <-- Notice that he spells his own name wrong, dropped an E in Friedeman

By now I figured this was a scam.. Some hours spitting through google later I found similar scams and the name Friedeman Schadd turned up. So now it was game on and I wanted to figure out how far I could take this and find out how they wanted to get the money from me.

My reply:

Hello,

The price of €4000,- is fine for me. I would like some more information:

-please send pictures/scans of the cars maintenance book and owner papers.
- the address of the garage in Germany where it was maintained
- a picture of the car stationed in London with the number plate visible.

We have some family living in upper London. After I have checked the pictures they could come and take a look before it goes on transport.
Looking forward to the pictures! Thanks in advance for the information.

Best regard,
Marcel

So now I am giving the man multiple chances to proof the car is in his pocession. Also put in the family part to put some pressure on him.. The thing is, I don't have any family living in London (as far as i know 8) )

Seller reply 29-04-2014 :

Hello Marcel,

I attach you some car pictures, I am the second owner of the car, first was my wife brother! The car have only 34.000 Km,

The car and papers are located in Dover Port, at one Transport Company, who are able to transport the car in front of your door, and leave it to you for 5 days inspection time period!

Thank you

O damned...can't I get a break! Suddenly the car is in Dover Port at this "one transport company"..
So I asked for the adres, got this url: http://www.dvlogistic.co.uk/index.html

Checked the contact information and couldn't find a thing about this company on google. But did find your forum and then figured it was about Escrow.
I did e-mail customer support for verification but so far no reply on that...

This is where my adventure ends so far....

I hope you can take down the site of the "transport company" and maybe the hotmail account..
Als maybe this helps others from making mistakes..

As always... If it sounds to good....
Saraceen
NewBorn

Re: Escrow / Transport scam

Postby lightfair » Thu May 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Well spotted!

I've added the site to our database: http://escrow-fraud.com/new-site.php?1=9327

For comparison: other sites using the same design/layout

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=245

I especially like this:

http://www.dvlogistic.co.uk/Reg1.jpg
http://www.dvlogistic.co.uk/Reg2.jpg

Really subtle; the newly inserted parts are almost unnoticeable... Not!
lightfair
Master

Update Escrow / Transport scam

Postby Saraceen » Fri May 02, 2014 10:03 am

***** UPDATE 2-5-2014 *****

Reply from the "shipping company"

From: deltavlogistic@gmail.com [mailto:deltavlogistic@gmail.com] In name of: D V Logistic
Send: vrijdag 2 mei 2014 11:17
To: Marcel
Subject: Re: Vehicle information

Dear Valued Customer,
Mr Friedeman Schadd, is our customer, and it have in our custody the car *01/2007 Suzuki swift 1.6, sport edition,*
The car have German Registration. Papers, and are sealed by Mr Schadd in our dry container, ready to be shipped at the new Buyer

Thank you
DVL Logistik!

My orignal message:

My original message:
Goodday sir/madam,

I am in the process of buying a car from someone in the uk. He claims the car is stationed at your company. I have some serious doubts about this sale and if it is legit.
Is it possible for you to check if the specific car is stationed at your company?

The car is a Suzuki swift 1.6, sport edition, year:2007-01. I have included a picture. It should be a car with german papers.
The owner claims the papers are with the vehicle.
Owners name supposed to be “Friedeman Schadd”

Can you help check if any of this is true and take away the doubt?

Thank you in advance for your time and reply,
Best regards

Any advise on what to do next?
I could mail him to inform him that I know it's a scam but don't know what good it will do.
There is probably no way to figure out who or where this person really is..

I could try to get information about the payment. Maybe get a bankaccount if that is any help to you guys?

Send seller E-mail:

Hello,

I have had confirmation from the transport company that indeed the car is stored there.
How do we continue? Do you have an account at that company? I probably have to wire money to the company so it is secure until I receive the car?

Best regards,
Marcel

Let's see what comes up...

Seller replied:

Hello Marcel,

Allright, now i need your full name and full address, and also your phone number, because the driver will call you before delivery!

Soon as i have your personal data, i will contact the company, and they will make the formalities, for transport and payment.

The transport company will contact us, with all details about the transport and payment!

Thank you
Friedeman Schadd

Don't feel like giving any personal/fake personal information...
Saraceen
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Sun May 04, 2014 7:22 am

http://www.dvlogistic.co.uk/ seems to be dead now.

If you really feel like it you could try to "bait" the "seller" in revealing his new fake site (that he probably has set up after the last one was killed). But often this leads to nothing because they already suspect that you know that something's fishy.
lightfair
Master

Postby Saraceen » Sun May 04, 2014 9:37 am

Indeed the site is down.. Called te police just to hear if they could do anything with the information. They said there was nothing that could be done, the law isn't up-to-date for this kind of scams. Only when it is about millions they might dive into it. Because it's an international thing they have to report it to the ministry of foreign affairs if I remember correctly. So basicly this kind of people can do whatever they like with little chance to get caught..

O well.. My search for a new car continues :)
Be safe everyone and don't let your dreams cloud your judgement!

GreetZ Marcel
Saraceen
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud