HotPayments.com is a fraud!

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

HotPayments.com is a fraud!

Postby truecold » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:47 pm

Hello all here's my story:
I was wanting to bid on a brand new snowmobile on e-bay. It was a 2005 Yamaha RX-1 ER. It had no reserve price and was very cheap.(ALARM BELLS!) In order to bid on this item I needed to be on this persons pre-authorized bidders list. I e-mailed the seller Rffda@aol.com who also goes by rffda@aol.com to get on the list. They said that they would only deal with serious buyers and to protect themselves and me that the money transferred would be through an escrow agent at hotpayments.com. They wanted $2000 to secure the bid and another $2000 upon delivery.($4000us for a brand new machine that retails for $9500us) The seller said they would cover all shipping and western union fees.OK fair enough, I go to the escrow site...which by the way seemed very legal,professional and well laid out. I signed up and recieved a message back to send the money to their agent named Helmut Wagner of New York, NY, zip 10024 USA. I was even given a transaction number. This is all brand new to me. I was a little concerned so decided to try and phone them at 914-373-3849 but got a machine without any company info on it? I sent an e-mail and got a response back with a few spelling errors. (MORE BELLS!) I did a search on google for hotpayments and saw the escrow fraud site and here I sit. I have invested some time but lost no money. Thank you.
Jason McGarry, Yellowknife, N.T., Canada
truecold
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud