Pls advise:pending sale on midlandescrows.com

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Pls advise:pending sale on midlandescrows.com

Postby DSP » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:16 am

Do you have any info on midlandescrows.com? I have a pending transaction and do not like what I see so far about them. They are new but say they have been in bus for 4 years. carbuytips has them on a watch list. Help anyone?

Thanks,

DSP
DSP
NewBorn

Postby peg » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:28 pm

Your fist clue should be that you are already concerned about the site. That should raise a BIG flag. That alone should make you suggest to the other party to use a reliable, trustworthy escrow service such as http://escrow.com . That Escrow.Com is the one that eBay recommends as well.

Tell the other party that you are willing to Pay ALL the fees and use Escrow.Com. They will likely wiggle and squirm and give you some sad story of a bad experience with them, but if they don't agree, chances are that you will take a huge risk if you go throuh with http://midlandescrows.com/

Good luck. Let us know what happens. (here in the forum)

Paul
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

midlandescrows.com is bogus

Postby DSP » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:52 pm

After more research I found that site to be a scam still in progress, Midland Escrows (the real company) has notified the FBI as does not do business on the net. I have not received any return communication from the buyer since my last e-mail expressing my concerns about the bogus site. Funny since I have the name & phone # of the buyer, Spoke to him on the phone, seemed OK, heard children in the background.
Thanks fo your advise, seems escrow.com is the only reliable choice. I signed up for it but had glitches using Safari for Mac.

All the best,

Stewart
DSP
NewBorn

It's good to hear you good news

Postby helixone » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:53 am

Hi I have been watching the messages in this tread, it would appear that you have had a lucky escape. It is always good to hear of someone fighting back at these people.

I wish you all the best in your future.

:D

helixone
helixone
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud