Consignmentsales.net - I have been scammed

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Consignmentsales.net - I have been scammed

Postby Parrish55 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:21 pm

I was just scammed out of $3,000, a Kijiji seller going by the name of Richard Bedard listed a 1964 Oasis Camper, for sale in Quebec. I thought I did my research but obviously not enough.
His email is: Richard Bedard <richard.bedard.10@gmail.com>

We paid via bank transfer through consignmentsales.net and never received the camper, phone does not work and I am sure we have been had. :(
Parrish55
NewBorn

Re: Consignmentsales.net - I have been scammed

Postby constance99 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:13 pm

I bought a trailer from consignmentsales.net. It was supposed to ship March 6. I have not received, it, and have gotten no communications from consignmentsales. I have contacted them many times by e-mail but received no responses. I read many posts stating people had used them with good results, so I am very confused and disappointed.
constance99
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello,

consignmentsales.net is definitely a fake site so indeed you have unfortunately been scammed. File a police report immediately.

I was not able to call up the site directly (I believe my IP range is blocked by them); however I found this gem (this is also fake):

http://justananswer.co/l/61/7wnll3-chec ... imate.html

This is NOT justanswer.com but a site made to look like justanswer.com - it's only there to give the fake testimonials.

I believe there might have been an earlier consignmentsales.net but perhaps the domain has been taken over.
lightfair
Master

Postby fivetone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm

i have been looking for this pinball machine for years, i find one on kijiji, its got a lower price than usual, i email, phillipschad2nd@gamil.com
this is what he tells me.
"
I am sorry for replying so late. I saw your email just a while back as it had slipped into my junk folder. First of all i have to let you know that i don't know much about pinball machines but i'll try to describe it at my best acknowledge. according to an authorized dealer , its condition is excellent with no issues at all.
This was my father's pinball machine who recently passed away so i know it has always been properly maintained. I moved out of town when i got married so i used to come back home occasionally. The big distance, my kids and my job doesn't allow me to come there often. This is no problem for me as far as the transaction is concerned because I was selling this through COTS anyway. I believe you know what COTS is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested so i can get back to you with additional details.
Thank you in advance!

Ні,
I'm glаd thаt уοu аге ѕtіll іntегеѕtеd. Асtuаllу thе pinball іѕ сuгеntlу lοсаtеd іntο thіѕ сοmpаnу wагеhοuѕе fгοm BC. I hаvе ѕіgnеd а сοntгасt wіth thіѕ сοmpаnу аnd thеу hаvе pісkеd up іt fгοm mу hοmе wіthіn а fеw dауѕ I lеft thе tοwn, bесаuѕе thіѕ сοmpаnу іѕ аblе tο tаkе саге οf thе whοlе ѕаlе (еvеn іf I аm nοt thеге whеn thе ѕаlе wіll tаkе plасе). Τhіѕ mеаnѕ thаt thеу wіll ѕhіp thе pinball tο уοuг аddгеѕѕ аnd аlѕο wіll hаndlе thе pауmеnt fοг mе. I wіll tгу tο ехplаіn уοu ѕtеp bу ѕtеp hοw thе сοmpаnу wοгkѕ аnd аlѕο thе Consignment Sales concept. I аm ѕuге уοu wіll bе сοmplеtеlу ѕаtіѕfіеd bу thе ѕегvісеѕ thаt thе сοmpаnу іѕ οffегіng bесаuѕе аге ѕаfе аnd ѕесuге fοг bοth οf uѕ, ѕаmе tіmе. Fігѕt οf аll, thіѕ сοmpаnу іѕ pагt οf еbау dгοp οff ѕtοгеѕ, but thе dіffегеnсе іѕ thаt thеу аге οffегіng thеіг ѕегvісеѕ fοг Kіјіјі uѕегѕ tοο. Ѕο, іf уοu wаnt tο buу thе pinball thгοugh thіѕ сοmpаnу, ѕіmplу gο οn thеіг wеbѕіtе ( www.consignmentsales. net ) аnd геgіѕtег fοг а nеw tгаnѕасtіοn. After registering, аn іnvοісе геgагdіng thіѕ puгсhаѕе wіll bе ѕеnt tο уοu. Тhе іnvοісе ѕhοuld сοntаіn dеtаіlеd іnfοгmаtіοn аbοut thе ѕhіppіng pгοсеѕѕ, іnѕuгаnсе, геtuгn pοlісу аnd pауmеnt pгοсеѕѕ tοο. Тhе ѕhіppіng fееѕ аге mу геѕpοnѕіbіlіtу ассοгdіng tο thе сοmpаnу pοlісу, ѕο уοu hаvе nο геаѕοnѕ tο wοггу аbοut thіѕ, bесаuѕе аге іnсludеd іn thе pгісе (fгее οf сhагgе fοг уοu). Τhе mοѕt іmpοгtаnt thіng іѕ thаt thіѕ сοmpаnу οffегѕ геtuгn pοlісу fοг аnу tгаnѕасtіοn сlοѕеd thгοugh thеіг ѕегvісеѕ. Тhіѕ mеаnѕ thаt уοu hаvе thе гіght tο геtuгn thе pinball аt аnу tіmе, іf іt dοеѕn't mееt thе сοndіtіοnѕ dеѕсгіbеd bу mе аnd аll уοuг mοnеу wіll bе геfundеd tο уοu іmmеdіаtеlу. I аm ѕuге wе wοn't nееd tο uѕе thе геtuгn pοlісу dοсumеnt, bесаuѕе thе pinball іѕ ехасtlу аѕ I dеѕсгіbеd іt. Мοге іnfοгmаtіοn уοu саn fіnd dігесtlу οn thе сοmpаnу wеbѕіtе, аt thеіг Ѕеllіng οn Kіјіјі ѕесtіοn. I гесοmmеnd уοu tο геаd thіѕ ѕесtіοn bеfοге геgіѕtегіng thе tгаnѕасtіοn wіth thеm, ѕο уοu саn bеttег undегѕtаnd hοw thе dеаl gοеѕ thгοugh thіѕ сοmpаnу. I аm ѕuге уοu wіll bе сοmplеtеlу ѕаtіѕfіеd bу thе ѕегvісеѕ thаt thе сοmpаnу іѕ οffегіng.
If уοu hаvе аnу οthег quеѕtіοnѕ, plеаѕе lеt mе knοw, I wіll bе mοге thеn hаppу tο аѕѕіѕt.
Тhаnk уοu!
BΤW: I аm ѕοггу fοг thе lοng еmаіl but і сοuldn't ехplаіn thе pгοсеѕѕ іn lеѕѕ wοгdѕ.

so i do my research and nothing but positive reviews. i wired the money after recieveing my invoice. they even confirmed my payment and said i would recive my pinball on march 6. NEVER CAME. i feel victimized , i was reading everynight on how i was going to make pinball my hobby and how to maintiane a pinball machine and this and that, and now i have been robbed of my money and my pride. i roprted it to the RCMP. but i will never get my time or money back. i cause life lessons cost money, but i will never transfer money to anyone online agian, only paypal.
fivetone
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:36 am

A little bit background information, courtesy of the waybackmachine at archive.org:

As I wrote before there had been a legit site consignmentsales.net before. However at least in 2013 this domain name was no longer used and hence for sale:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130530115 ... sales.net/
https://web.archive.org/web/20130903053 ... inencafexp

This changed in February 2014:

February 15th:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140215133 ... sales.net/

February 17th:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140218083 ... sales.net/

So the fake site became operational around February 17th. It belongs to this group of sites:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=303

So the scammers bought a domain name that once was used by a legit company.
lightfair
Master

Postby JohnSeton » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:08 pm

I have been dealing with this for just about 2 weeks now and it's very apparent to me that allot of people got scammed!!! As for the police there isn't much they can do, as I have found that these guys are a sophisticated group, if you will notice the consignmentsales.net site only loads when they have a possible victim on the hook or one of their other named sites is being used also. I can tell you that Homeland Security is checking into this also.
JohnSeton
NewBorn

Postby fivetone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 pm

i hope the homeland security can do something, i phoned the rcmp to see if they could get a hold of the bank in london that their using the funds to get sent to, but didnt sound to promising
fivetone
NewBorn

Postby JohnSeton » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Fivetone, your email is word for word the same as the one I got. I have been finding that these guys have many names and are all over the place. I found my original ad from Kijiji on another website in the states on a completely different site, word for word and pic for pic. I'm still looking for a boat and go on Kijiji daily, I found another ad, to good to be true, tried answering it but no reply, I believe they record IP addresses so that they don't get dupped by a angry victim; but I got someone else to contact, just waiting for the scammer to bite....:) I know this ad is a scam because I found this ad on another site from 2011, again, word for word pic for pic!!!! I let Kijiji know, all they did was pull the ad and I told them it was a pure scam; I am looking into a way for Kijiji to be more responsible for what is going on, on their site, because really, their "moderation" team should be doing more than recognizing suspecious ads and pulling, they should be working on "stings", they have nothing but time to do this!!!!!
JohnSeton
NewBorn

Postby kdub » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Looks like I've also been scammed by consignmentsales.net. Called the Barclay's bank branch this morning but they are closed until Monday. I will call and find out more info and why a legitimate bank could be party to this!
kdub
NewBorn

Postby michelanctil » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:55 pm

I have been scammed exactly like fivetone have been scamed... exactly the same text, the same explainations, this is a cut and paiste!! The same e-mail of the seller.... I tried to buy an electronic drumset..... I received nothing!....

What can I do with that? Is it a way I can get my money back? This is 3000.00 $$$$$$$$ Please help me, I know absolutely nothing on this subject...

Michel
michelanctil
NewBorn

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud