I think I too have been frauded

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

I think I too have been frauded

Postby darkrose » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:11 am

So I was selling a ring on ebay and thus far it has been stuck in customs because the shipping address could not be varified.

When I was trying to contact the buyer, my e-mails were bounced back and now the website is just unavailable.

When I went to whois I got this information:
Registration Service Provided By : ARYAWAT

Domain Name: national-traders.net

Expiry Date: 23-Jun-2005
Days Left for Expiry: 346
Record Creation Date: 23-Jun-2004
Domain Status: Active

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.aryawat.biz
ns2.aryawat.biz

RegistrantContact Details
Name JURNA MARKETA
Company JURNA INC
Email Address marketajj@yahoo.com
Address Rambla de Mendez Nunez nr.20
City ALICANTE
State null
Zip 03004
Country ES
Tel No. +34.4875232145

THis is the Name of the woman (but a different e-mail) who is supposedly buying the ring.

I think I put my bank info into the "database" but I can't be sure.
Any suggestions?
So far, my account is ok--nothing weird going on yet.

Thanks so much
darkrose
NewBorn

Postby peg » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:16 pm

If your item is stuck in customs, quickly contact the shipper. They can get it back. It may cost you money, but when you think about what might be lost, it would be worth it.

If you provided BANK information (such as credit card numbers) cancel the cards and get new ones. It's a little inconvienent but not compared to huge charges.

If you provided PERSONAL info such as Mothers Maiden name, Social Security (or other Federal ID ), then I would contact credit beureau's (probably mispelled that) and notify them of the potential of fraud. Again this is also a bit inconvienent, as every time you try for credit, the process takes longer, (No INSTANT Credit granted), but for the Peace of Mind... It's worth it. (I actually have this on mine).

Hope this helps... Please keep us posted.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks! and update

Postby darkrose » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:57 pm

Thanks!

I didn't give any credit card information, thank goodness. I also didn't give my SSN or other stuff out, but I'm going to get onto of the credit reporting services just to be sure!

I've already contacted FedEx and it is being sent back to me.

I e-mailed the woman at the e-mail provided on whois telling her that if I'm mistaken, I'm sorry and we can do this transaction another way, but if I'm not, I've already changed the bank information (i think it was my addy or something like that) to that account/address so that account is no longer active. I have yet to hear back.

I called my bank and they said until something happens, they can't do anything. I've monitored the account and nothing funny has happened yet.

I appreciate all the help!
L
darkrose
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud