escrow scam? please help

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

escrow scam? please help

Postby Kate2013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:02 am

Hi I am in the process of buying a motorhome from someone in France, they are insisting i use the escrow payment as they have had false intrest before and had a wasted journey to the UK.

All this sounds logical but i have never done anything like this before and it kind of shouts SCAM at me.
I told the woman on email today that i haven't made the payment yet as i want to do some checks and she said i offended her!!
She has booked the ferry tickets etc before i have paid and i feel that she is pushing me
How do i know if this is Genuine?
Kate

This is the E-mail i got from Escrow within seconds of me mailing her my details:

Escrow.com adds trust to the transaction Escrow.com reduces the potential risk of fraud by acting as a trusted third party that collects, holds and disburses funds according to Buyer and Seller instructions. Escrow services are provided by a licensed and regulated escrow company.
•All payments by the Buyer are verified as "good funds" before the Seller is instructed to ship
•All shipments are tracked to ensure the Seller shipped and the Buyer received the merchandise
•If the merchandise is fraudulent, it gives the Buyer the chance to return the merchandise before payment is released to the Seller
That's right - completing online transactions with Escrow.com is that simple, safe and secure. And whether you're a Buyer or Seller, the control is in your hands

Escrow.com Transaction #186564 Started
Review and pay for your Caravansforsale.co.uk purchase.

Transaction Title: 2005 Bessacarr E765
Item Price: £9000.00
Deposit: £4500.00
Remaining Balance: £4500.00
Total: £9000.00
Shipping & handling: £0.00
Broker commission: $324.17 (paid by seller)
Inspection Period: 3 days (December 8, 2013 - December 11, 2013)
Kate2013
NewBorn

help from ROMANIA

Postby marian0102 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Dear Kate,

Don't send any money,there is no motorhome!If you think it is,than buy a plain ticket and visit the motor home in person:)

She will say that is not possible but probably she is he.

You are not dealing through www.escrow.com,you have not received an email from www.escrow.com,you can send emails with any identity you want
(ex www.escrow.com).He did that to take you believe something else.Please contact the police as soon as possible,also open www.escrow.com,register and see how it works.

www.ebay.com recommends using www.escrow.com,ONLY!

No deposit,if you are using www.escrow.com than you should pay the total amount to a bank account not half!

Please be careful,i will add you to my friends list and you are more than welcome to contact me before buying anything or renting a place online.

I wish you a great day!

Hope to hear soon from you!
marian0102
Infant

Re: escrow scam? please help

Postby Kate2013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Thank you so much !! I knew i wasn't imagining the tone of the E-Mails, i could tell they weren't french and my thought was the way the text was wrote it sounded Eastern European.

I'm so glad i was suspicious enough to check it out first, or at least someone else like your good self !!

She (he) also sent a copy of the passport & driving licence of the person supposing to be. I will take your advice and contact the Police
Thanks once again !
Kate2013
NewBorn

Postby Kate2013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi, just to add I have been back on the site I got this advert for tonight and have seen at least 4 of the same thing. The number they give to call comes up as unavailable or a fault on the line, which encourages you to E-Mail rather than speak to anyone. They are all under priced for the year model and make, very encouraging photos, so please be warned this seems to be a targeted site, which is: Motorhomes for sale, formerly caravan selecta. I have reported each ad I have tried tonight to the site but had no response.

I hope no one is pulled into this as lots of money is at stake
Kate2013
NewBorn

Postby ps435 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Kate2013 wrote:Thank you so much !! I knew i wasn't imagining the tone of the E-Mails, i could tell they weren't french and my thought was the way the text was wrote it sounded Eastern European.

I'm so glad i was suspicious enough to check it out first, or at least someone else like your good self !!

She (he) also sent a copy of the passport & driving licence of the person supposing to be. I will take your advice and contact the Police
Thanks once again !

Agreed, it sounds like a scam. Did you end up hearing any more from her (him)?
ps435
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud