CRAIGSLIST RV ESCROW FRAUD

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

CRAIGSLIST RV ESCROW FRAUD

Postby kruseranch » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 am

Well, I got excited for about a minute about this RV scam. Beware...if it sounds too good to be true, put the scammer to a test. Note all the red flags - he can't call you because he's hard of hearing and embarrassed. The RV is located in North Dakota and I live in California. The RV is worth about 60 grand on the open market yet he only wants 7 grand and it includes shipping and insurance. He insists on using escrow off eBay. Ebay doesn't do escrows and recommends using escrow.com. His email is todd.meyer62@gmail.com. He put the ad on Craigslist. About 2 hours later, the ad isn't on Craigslist anymore. He puts his ad on Craigslist in foreign countries as well as all over the U.S. Read these exchanged emails from the bottom up.

Hi,

Thank you for being interested in buying my RV. The price is $7,000. The price does include shipping and insurance to your address.

Let me know if you are interested.

Sent from my iPad
There is no need to relist it.

I have contacted eBay regarding our deal, they will send you the details on "how to purchase the RV" in a short time. You should receive their emails quickly. If not, please check your spam/junk folder.

Please email once you have been contacted by them so I'll know we are on the right track.

Thanks

On 4/17/2013 3:01 PM
Tell you what, if you put this on Ebay as a "Buy It Now" and send us the listing number right away, we'll buy it. It's the only protection Ebay offers from scammers. There are very few legitimate escrow companies.

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:25:12 -0700
Subject: Re: 2005 Gulf Stream ENDURA 6378 2 SLIDE MHC

I've attached the title copy to this email.

Let me know your final decision and I will start the eBay transaction.

Thanks

On 4/17/2013 2:04 PM
Well, my husband says buy it so please consider it sold once I receive the scanned title and I'll have to do a Carfax which I will when I receive the scanned title. Not sure how to do the escrow but you seem to know how to do it. We have the funds, no problem. Thank you!

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:43:51 -0700

Yes, everything is in excellent condition. I'm from Minot, ND. I can ship it to Australia. It's titled to North Dakota. Do you need the scanned copy?

I'm selling so cheap because I want to sell it asap. I need the money for the *spam*.

Thanks

On 4/17/2013 1:32 PM
Does this run good? Any problems? Why are you asking so little for this? You live in Australia, right? Why do you have this vehicle in North Dakota? Is it titled in the U.S.? Is the title clear and in your name? You know, there are just too many scams on Craigslist so I have to be very careful.

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:10:28 -0700

The VIN is 1GBE5U1205F503955. The shipping is included in the price.

Thanks

So, what is the VIN number? How much is shipping to California?

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:03:04 -0700
To: zepher111@live.com

Check the link for the photo album: http://sdrv.ms/1237u91 The VIN is 1GBE5U1205F503955.

I know this is not a good way to start a transaction but I can't talk to you over the phone, I know it would be easier for both of us but I have a hearing problem and it's difficult for me to deal with buyers in person. To tell you the true I'm also afraid to deal with buyers in person ( because of my handicap ). We can talk via email. Email is always a 'gentle' form of communication. I'll try to stay online as much as I can.

The RV is in Minot, ND and I will use eBay purchase protection program for our safety. I have 6 completed transactions through their purchase service and I really trust them.

It will be shipped from Minot and I'll pay the shipping to your location.

You will need to send the funds to eBay to provide the transaction protection for both parties. I will start the shipping process the same day I have received notification of the escrow payment. They will hold your payment in escrow and only release it to me once you have received, inspected, and signed the transaction approval provided by eBay for the RV. You will be allowed 3 inspection days at your address. If the RV is not as I described, and you decline the transaction, eBay will refund you 100% of the escrow payment and I would be responsible for the return shipping.

Tell me your decision and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. After that, they will send you the information needed to begin the process.

Thanks

What is the vin number?

Sent from my Windows Phone
kruseranch
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud