Iloxx Europa brochure

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Iloxx Europa brochure

Postby Thunder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am

I've received an offer that seems to be almost too good to be true. What do you think of this "broshure"? Notice the grammatical error in the header?

Last edited by Thunder on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder
NewBorn

Re: Iloxx Europa brochure

Postby lightfair » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Thunder wrote:I've received an offer that seems to be good. What do you think of this "broshure"? Notice the grammatical error in the header?

It's fake. Is there a web site to go with this; or have you gotten just this pic so far?
Please post a few more details, especially the name and email address used by the seller.
lightfair
Master

Postby Thunder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm

There are several things about this deal that seem strange.

1) The seller advertised the goods in Norway but when I suggested a meeting there I was told that the seller has moved back to Germany after 2 years in Denmark. Denmark, where did that come from, the ad I answered was in Norway...
2) The seller stated that his wife had insisted that the goods should be marketed in Denmark (Denmark again) and that this was why the ad was in a different country than the seller and the goods. The wife was the one translating the emails because the seller is a German native but speaks English as well. The strange thing is that a couple of answers where in Swedish, not in Dansish (I know, because Swedish is my own language). We now communicate in English.
3) The seller wants to use an escrow service. I would pay the money to www.iloxx.de in advance and have a 30 day period to inspect the goods, upon my agreement, the seller would get his money. I received a PDF broshure "How does iloxx Europa works?". Note the grammatical error, it should be "work" not "works". At least this is what my ear tells me, correct?
4) The seller uses a hotmail email account. This doesn't have to mean anything but anyone can set up a fake hotmail address.

I have asked for more information about the escrow service and a link to the webpage but I have not received an answer as of yet. At this point I do not want to hang out the seller with name as I cannot be 100% sure that he is a scammer yet.
Thunder
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Thunder wrote:At this point I do not want to hang out the seller with name as I cannot be 100% sure that he is a scammer yet.

Rest assured - he is. You are of course correct about everything else (and also about grammatical error). But dig a little bit deeper into the brochure. Do a Google search for this phrase:

"it protects the seller by verifying funds"

including the quotes; and make sure that all results are getting displayed...
lightfair
Master

Postby redfam01 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:01 pm

I received exactly the same information from a vendor in Germany (he must be English). Shortly after I agreed to the conditions I received payment information together with a Customer Reference from iloxx. The payment must be made to a UK banking account. I checked now the Customer Reference on the iloxx tracking page and recognised that the order was closed shortly after I got the payment instructions from iloxx. The banking account was named iloxx Financial Headquarters and I was sure I did the right thing ......
redfam01
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Does that mean you've paid?

Please post a few more details about the deal and the "seller".
lightfair
Master

Postby fauxter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:50 am

Hello.

I am in exactly the same situation in Denmark - Undoubtedly the same guy. Here he is selling a Rolex watch on a danish website.

Otherwise it is all the same with a danish wife, living in germany and speaking english...

His name (in my case) is Nick Duerr. Does he use the same name in your cases (Guess this is a fast way to tell that he is really a fraud, if the name is not the same)?

I have not send payment yet, as I found it all quite fishy. If this is a fraud, it is really professional handeled though :S

I can also check the order nr. on the iloxx.de website, but I guess this could just be an empty box, then you send payment to the british bank account, and it is gone...

Hope some of you others will share more info, including his name...

If more of us has managed to find this post, I wonder how many items he has been "selling"?!?
fauxter
NewBorn

Postby balli » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello,
Recently i also recieved the same brochure through email by someone who claimed to be living in Belgium first and wanted to sell something that i was searching on Internet secondhand site . I told him that i can personally come to his place in Belgium check the item and pay cash . Then he replied that he is not living in Belgium but for the last two years is living near hamburg in Germany and that he can send the item by this illox europa service and that i would have ample time to check the item before he could get his money . I replied to hem that as we are planning to visit Germany this summer vacations and we can pass by his place . I would check the item there and pay , in this way he would get his money immediately . I also asked hem to send his phone number so that i can contact him when i am there . Before that the aid person was very enthusiastic to sell that item to me but as i asked for his phone number . The communication suddenly stopped .
After this i researched about this illox europa company on internet . I am almost sure that this said person is not living in Germany but somewhere in England, most b probably inthe North . And illox europa is certsilnly not related to illox Germany. And that person is a fraud sitting somewhere in England . Please be careful .
balli
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Hello,

as you spotted correctly this is a fraud. Please post the name and address the alleged "seller" is using (those are usually fake anyway but it may help others).
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud