is it a scam?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

is it a scam?

Postby tonymaximus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:10 pm

ive seen a car advertised when enquired about it, the vehicle is in germany and the garage are happy to ship it using a company called cargoes, so ive done a search on the garage with the address supplied to me and being left slightly confused, heres the problem im having i cant find enough information on cargoes.eu there site doesnt seem realistic(so if it seems to good to be true it must be) and the other problem is the car company i dont read german so cant understand id be grateful if somebody has had dealings like this before
thanks
tonymaximus
NewBorn

Re: is it a scam?

Postby lightfair » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm

It's a scam.

The "seller" is likely in or from Romania; the car doesn't exist.

cargoes.eu has been in your database since early December:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... a&id=12767

The site belongs to this "family":

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=282

Unfortunately it is hosted with a company that hasn't reacted so far to multiple reports.

Please post the name and email address the "seller" is using.
lightfair
Master

Re: is it a scam?

Postby tonymaximus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:24 pm

this is the name and address supplied of the seller

Tim Holz
Neustadter Strasse 13 + 27
96450 Coburg
Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (0)9561 6759517
Mobiltelefon: +49 (0)172 7310753
Fax: +49 (0)9561 235379
http://www.autodeniz.de
also using
<auto_deniz@aol.com>

this is what was was sent in ways to collect/recieve the vehicle in question, i only sent a copy of my driving license to which im feeling pretty stupid about but if i hadnt took that little extra precaution in checking details im sure i wouldve ended up parting with my hard earned cash.

Hello,

My name is Tim Holz and I am the owner of a Autohaus in Germany.
The 2007 Volkswagen Passat is still selling, it is in perfect condition in and out and comes with a certificate, full service history.
I purchased this ca from an English citizen who settled in Germany.
I make a deal with him, I got this car and a cash difference for a Bmw X5 registered in Germany.
I'm looking to sell the car at a lower price in United Kingdom or Ireland because in Germany nobody buy it because of steering wheel.
If you are interested you have 2 posibilities how you can acquire the car:
1. You may came in Germany to pick up personally.
2. I can use a specialized escrow company which can bring the car at your location or anywhere you want.

I can arrange a transport to your address using a shipping company service for delivery. They work fast and they are using safety and a guarantee service. The name of the company is CARGOES LTD ( www.cargoes.eu ) and they have a warehouse in London.
For shipping they will use a machine trailer and will not late more than 4 -5 days. They will ask you for the money proof before starting the shipping procedure. You will have to confirm your payment by bank account to them and your money will be kept in a protection account until you make a decision ( keep it or not ). You will have 5 days to inspect it. If you like it you just sign the papers and they send the money in my account. There is also a refund policy included, in case that you do not agree with the 2007 passat .
They just refund your money back by the same way ( bank account ). In this way there will be avoided any kind of problem which comes from the buyer such as from the seller! The total price will be £4200 Transport included.

I need the following info from you to start the deal:
Full name:
Street:
Zip code/City:
Mobile phone no#:

You will receive a tracking number which allows you to check the transport any time on their web page.
Please take a good look at CARGOES website(www.cargoes.eu) and let me know if you want to go ahead with this .
Tim Holz

Thank you !
tonymaximus
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud