If it looks too good to be true.....

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

If it looks too good to be true.....

Postby skinnyromeo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Great website!

For info, have posted the emails that followed an ad in Gumtree this week - car appeared to be in Tooting.

Seemed very odd at the price but the initial email seemed plausible. Second email confired it was a scam! FNG Delivery website actually looks very professional on the surface - suspicion aroused when a company with supposed offices in London and Rome only gives contact details in Spain. Shipping costs are calculated free of any currency. Lot of difference between £500 and £500 indian rupees!

Dug further and can see from your website that this is a very old email that is obviously doing the rounds again, and that FNG-Delivery.com has recently been logged as reported but the website is still live.

Feel really sorry for the guy happily driving his jeep around completely unaware that "rahul" is trying to sell it!

Hope you can continue to get these scammers closed down.

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: Jeep for sale
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:57:44 +0300
To:

First you will have to pay to the FNG Delivery company and then they will start the shipping and you will get it in 3-4 days , once you get it you have 7 days inspection period to decide if you keep the car or not , in case you keep the car they will wire the money to me otherwise they will refund you 100%.
If you want to buy the car send me your full shipping informations ( Full Name , Address , Phone number ) and tomorrow morning i will start the transaction to FNG Delivery.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM,

Rahul,

Thanks I will have a chat with my wife, if interested I would most likely pick it up. Do you have any picture?

On 24/10/2012 11:50, rahul hafiz wrote:

The car is in Spain with me.
As i have told you i sell this car because of the financial crisis i moved back to my home country in Spain and i brought the car in Spain with me and i will ship the car from Spain.

Here is how we will go about delivery and payment for the car which will be through a local shipping company ( FNG Delivery ) and will also give you the chance to receive and inspect the car before i receive the payment for it, like an escrow service.
We will use a shipment FNG Delivery as a third party wich will guarantee to both of us a secure transaction.

Please visit the shipping company : www.fng-delivery.com

I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
- First you have to send me your full shipping information ( Your Full Name , Address , Phone number ).
- After I receive your shipping info, i'll go to a FNG Delivery location and leave the car on your name and with your address as the intended receiver.
- The shipping company will check the car, also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with them.
- You will receive a notification from the shipping company as a confirmation that the vehicle is in their custody.
- After that, you will have to send the payment into FNG Delivery trust account and they will hold the payment until you will send your confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agreed to keep the car.
- The company will verify payment, and if everything is in order, they will bring the car to your place for inspection.
- After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it,then the company will transfer the money to me and the deal is closed.You can go to your mechanic for inspection to confirm you that the car is OK and to Police so they can tell you that the car it's not stolen or something like that.
- Also, you will have 5 days time to check the car and if by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return the vehicle to FNG Delivery with no expense and the company will send all your money back. I will pay for shipping which will take only 4 working days. Please give me a reply if you accept the deal in this way,and let me know asap so i can stop talking with my other clients.

Kind Regards

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM,

Rahul

Where is the car? In Spain or UK?

Regards

On 24/10/2012 11:11, rahul hafiz wrote:

Hi,

I am glad that you are interested in my car, the price i want to sell the car is GBP2,465.
MOT and TAX are payed for 6 months.
I sell this car because of the financial crisis i moved back to my home country in Spain. I brought the car in Spain with me, but as the crisis is getting worse i can't afford to keep it anymore. I lived in United Kingdom for around 3 years with my work and when i come back in Spain my company already had bought me another car. Now i will have to sell this one as i don`t need 2 cars. Probably you are wondering why i am selling it for such a low price. The market price for right handed vehicles is low in Spain and having a lower price than the UK market will bring me a buyer faster than having a high one.
The car is in excellent condition, no damage, never involved in any accidents, no scratches, garage kept, i`m not a smoker so the car is a non-smoker car.
The interior is also in perfect shape.
The engine is also in great condition, no problem with it.
The title is clear, the vehicle come with full service history,also the car is registered in United Kingdom and this is one of the reasons that i sell it in United Kingdom.
If you want more pictures or any other info about the car just let me know in the next e-mail so i can send you, and i will also explain to you better how this deal will be closed.

Look forward to receiving your answer asap.

Kind Regards

Hi,
I am interested in the Jeep for sale, and would like to have a look at the car. Could you tell me when the MOT expires on the car.
Regards
skinnyromeo
NewBorn

Re: If it looks too good to be true.....

Postby zee » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi skinnyromeo

Yes it’s a scam and I’ve been stupid enough to fall in this trap.

The exact same has happened to me, the same story that you have posted has been sent to me with the same story. I have already sent £3500 and still not received the car. There is only one FNG delivery person and his name his Alzom and his number dialled from the UK is 0034 6025 80937 , he manages all the offices in so called Germany, France Italy, and Spain. When I got suspicious about this scam then I did not make the last payment and now he is failing to deliver the car and my money which they guarantee you at the start of your deal. I have contacted my local police and the New, tried to contact the Spanish polie but they are just as bad. Tomorrow I will contact the British High Commission in Spain.

Also the address are fake, the address Rahul Hafiz gives is actually a hotel address and the there is no office for the FNG delivery in Spain.

I need as much help as I can get so I can cover this off at the media so any stories would be helpful to stop this scam. Could please someone reply to me re this

my email is fakhar555@hotmail.com

To all you lovely people out there don’t do the mistake I did, don’t trust these Escrow companies.

Kind Regards

Zee
zee
NewBorn

Re: If it looks too good to be true.....

Postby lightfair » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Zee;

I'm sorry to hear you lost money to them. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1. There never was a car.
2. There never was a company "FNG Delivery", just a web site.
3. The scammers are very often Romanians, sometimes they operate from Spain or the UK.
4. The "seller" of the car is the scammer himself.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud