Possible fraud:CargoBull Ltd. Delivery

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Possible fraud:CargoBull Ltd. Delivery

Postby haskithepoli » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:52 am

Can someone help me.I found the car on mobile.de site. I've contact the seller and this is his first mail:
The car is still available for sale. Let me begin with a general description about the car: I must tell you that it is in perfect working condition, never been involved in any accident, without any scratches or mechanical problems, it is a non smocking car. It has Service Book and all the inspections were made to the local dealer service. I bought the car from Germany, it has German papers and also German plates. For any other questions or details feel free to email me.
I am a private seller (not a dealer)!

My last price is EUR 9000 TUV: 08. 2014

I was married in Germany, but unfortunately I divorced after 6 months. Now I am located in London, United Kingdom and I have the car here with me. It is almost imposible for me to drive here and also to sell it here because of the steering wheel on the left side. I need to sell it to buy another one here. If you can not come here to pick up the car I can send it to your location and you will have 5 days inspection period until you decide to buy the car or not. I will pay the transport taxes! Please let me know if you are interested

The total price is EUR 9000 (all taxes included). The delivery will be made to your home address by truck and will take 2-3 working days.
Here is how I want to go about delivery and payment for the car which will be through a shipping company and will also give you the chance to inspect the car before I receive the payment for it.
I will explain you step by step how this will work:
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your full name and address).
1. After I receive your shipping info, I will go to the shipping company and leave the car onto your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver.
2. The shipping company service will check the car also all the car papers to see that everything is OK with it.
B. You will receive a notification from the shipping company as a confirmation that the car is in their custody and also, that the car has been tested.
1. After that, you will have to send an amount (security deposit amount) to the shipping company financial department.
2. The shipping company service will verify the transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the car to your door step.
3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the shipping company with your decision.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return it to the shipping company with no expense and you will be fully refunded within 24 hours. Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.
If you agree with my idea please provide me your full name and address for shipping, so I can initiate the transaction through the shipping company service.
After that they will contact you with transaction details, invoice, payment instructions and more information about the shipping company service protection.

after I paid the security deposit amount I got a mail from company
Dear Mr(s). Jovanovic Dobrosav,

We have received today the security deposit of EUR 3,150.00

Now the car is on moving to DE-33604 Bielefeld.

The ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) is 12-09-2012 around 16:00 P.M.

We will contact you on this number +49521172271 when the car is in Germany.

CargoBull Ltd. Delivery - Payment Request - Tracking #D0A9603E39C8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to our policy the final step is to transfer 65% of the price of the "2010 Mercedes-Benz B 180 CDI DPF Sportpaket" via wire transfer.

Note*: - Your money will stay in our secure account until you receive the car and sign the contract of sale!

- If you do not agree with the car description our company will refund you all the money (EUR 9,000.00) in max. 24 hours!

Money Transfer Service: EUROPEAN BANK TRANSFER

Item Price: EUR 9,000.00

Amount to transfer: EUR 5,850.00

Account beneficiary: CARGOBULL LTD. DELIVERY

Sort Code: 20-95-61

Account No: 03084884

SWIFT: BARCGB22

IBAN: GB48 BARC 2095 6103 0848 84

Bank Name: BARCLAYS BANK PLC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions:
In order to complete the payment you will have to use Bank Account Transfer service. Please provide us the payment confirmation of the Deposit Amount EUR 5,850.00 in the next 48 hours.

Requested transfer informations:

- Copy of the bank confirmation receipt.

Note* A copy of the receipt would be highly appreciated but is not mandatory. To check if the status of your shipment has changed please visit www.cargobull-europe-ltd.zzl.org and check your tracking number. CargoBull Ltd. Delivery offers a 5-days return policy. If by any reason, you do not agree with the package content you have 10 days in which you can return it to CargoBull Ltd. Delivery. You will have a full refund of your money including the transfer fees. If the 10-days period ends the return policy will not be applicable. Please contact the shipper directly if you have questions regarding the referenced shipment or you wish to discontinue this notification.

Thank You For Your Cooperation!

(c) CargoBull Ltd. Delivery Team

www.cargobull-europe-ltd.zzl.org

CAN YOU ADVISE ME????
haskithepoli
NewBorn

Re: Possible fraud:CargoBull Ltd. Delivery

Postby lightfair » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Yes, it's a fraud. I'll take care of the fake site; it probably will be suspended within the next 24 hours.

Thanks for posting all the details. If you want to do a Google search for the phrase

"I was married in Germany, but unfortunately I divorced after 6 months"

(Including the quotes) you'll see that this particular variant goes back to at least 2005.
lightfair
Master

Postby haskithepoli » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

What can I do and is it possible to recover some of the money ... This was sent to me when I told him that I will not pay the rest of the money until I see the car
Your money will stay into a safe account and nobody can touch them until you receive the car. If you do not like the car, the shipping company will refund you all the money and send the car back to me on my expenses!

I sent a copy of my passport.

Best regards!

Passport.JPG
and this
Hello,

You are not serious!

On Monday I will cancel the transaction!

Your grandfather will pay the shipping taxes and also the return taxes! I'm not paying any euro!!!

Send the bank details of your grandfather to the shipping company! They will refund the money, arround EUR 2000.00 !

Hello,

Where are you?
Why you don't respond to my emails?

this is his mail robert1960muller@gmail.com
Best regards!
haskithepoli
NewBorn

Postby haskithepoli » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:14 pm

This has sent me
Attachments
Passport.JPG
Passport.JPG (114.41 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
haskithepoli
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 pm

haskithepoli wrote:What can I do and is it possible to recover some of the money

I don't know if you can get any of the money back; it might have been withdrawn from the account already.

What you need to do:

1. File a police report immediately. Don't let the police send you away.
2. Take a copy of this report and talk to your bank. It is probably not possible to cancel the transfer anymore. But your bank can contact the receiver bank and perhaps have them put restrictions on the account.

Since I assume you're speaking also German here's the German version:

1. Sofort Anzeige bei der Polizei machen. Nicht wegschicken lassen, sondern drauf bestehen. Es ist eine hinreichend bekannte Masche. Im Zweifelsfall noch mal die Google-Fundstellen des entsprechenden Textzitats vorlegen.
2. Mit einer Kopie der Anzeige zur eigenen Bank gehen. Manchmal hilft es, dort nach dem Geldwäschebeauftragten (oder so ähnlich) zu verlangen; also nach dem Mitarbeiter, der dafür zuständig ist, dass die Konten nicht für kriminelle Zwecke missbraucht werden. Dieser Mitarbeiter (oder die Bank) kann dann die Empfängerbank kontaktieren und vielleicht (!) eine temporäre Sperre des Kontos erreichen.

The copy of the passport means nothing; I have a nice collection of passports scans - sometimes the same scan with different names. This is probably just a case of identity theft.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud