May or may not...help!

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

May or may not...help!

Postby sonicmarina » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:39 am

read below
Last edited by sonicmarina on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonicmarina
NewBorn

Re: May or may not...help!

Postby sonicmarina » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:40 am

sonicmarina wrote:This is the email I recieved from timothygurth@consultan.com...don't know if it is a scam or not..Could someone please help me??

FIRST MAIL I RECIEVED
Thank you for being interested in my 2003 MINI Cooper S (95,000 miles 1.6L engine manual transmission).The car is in immaculate condition, rust free, no damages, the title is under my name, free of any liens or loans on it. Everything looks like pictures show's. I am selling it at this price ($2,500) because I just finished my divorce and owned this car, Is not needed so I decide to sell it, Right now I've moved into my new house in London United Kingdom starting a new career.The car is still in the states.I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I got a new job and I'm working 12 hours a day and I have little time at my disposal, So I intend to use AliExpress Escrow (Buyer Protection Program) as third party if you are interested.

SECOND MAIL
As I told you in my first email, I divorced, I got a new job and moved to London UK. Before leaving I've prearranged the deal with AliExpress Escrow (http://www.aliexpress.com), Buyer Protection Guaranteed, so my presence isn't necessary. The car is located in EL Paso TX, at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The car will arrive at your address in 3-5 working days. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the car! You will have 15 days return-policy to test it and inspect the car. AliExpress Escrow will hold the payment until the shipment is delivered and confirmed.
So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you:
full name and address
phone #
After receiving all details I will forward them to AliExpress Escrow and proceed this transaction. AliExpress will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that i am covered by them and that I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details.
Regards!
INVOICE RECIVED

Your Invoice for AliExpress Order: A59ZH281MG
Purchase of Item: 2003 Mini Cooper S

Dear CustomerMarina Diaz Ibarra,

SellerTimothy Gurth has selected AliExpress Escrow Inc. to handle a secure online transaction with you, using our secure Buyer Potection Purchase Program.

Complete your AliExpress transaction in 5 easy steps:
Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts AliExpress with the transaction details;
AliExpress accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer, if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller;
The buyer sends payment to AliExpress Security Center and confirms payment by fax or E-mail. When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest escrow trust account. After payment is secured, the seller is notified by AliExpress to start the shipping process to the Buyer
Buyer receives the merchandise and has fifteen (15) days to inspect it. If it is as expected and as what agreed over, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise by any valid reason, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller at the seller's expense within three business days.
Upon the inspection period, buyer must contact AliExpress with the result of the inspection. If buyer refuses the merchandise, a full refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returning shipment is verified.

Currently, the seller has a USD $5,000.00 deposit in an AliExpress managed purchase protection account.

Transactions with this AliExpress seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors.

For your safety, seller account was locked today, for 30 days time period. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period.

Due to the fact that the seller is currently unable to make use of his assigned PayPal account, you need to complete payment by following the instructions provided below.

After verifying the membership of this specific AliExpress member and confirming his overall good standing, we have approved the development of this transaction, based on the seller's purchase protection account on file with AliExpress.

The following item is clear for AliExpress item insurance policy.

Item Name:
2003 Mini Cooper S
Item price: USD $2,500.00
Shipping & Handling: USD $0,000.00 (Included in the price)
Sales tax: USD $0,000.00
Total:
USD $2,500.00

Seller Information:
Buyer shipping address:
Timothy Gurth,
(real adress, verified, but in London)
Marina Diaz Ibarra,

Guaranteed protection against
AliExpress insured the goods for the duration of the transaction, including the inspection period, and protects you against, but not limited to:
Misrepresentation;
Hidden Damage;
Undisclosed Damage;
Delayed Shipping;
Shipment stolen in transit;
Purchase Protection and Refund.
Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 30 days to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.
How to make payment ?

Payment procedure: 1.Transfer the funds to the designated account listed below.
Walk at your bank and send payment to our AliExpress Escrow Bank Account listed bellow,
The service you have to use is International Bank Transfer for personal business.
You must make a telegraphic transfer in 72 hours.

2.Reply to this email to confirm that payment was sent.
E-mail us the details you used to make the transfer: sender's name, bank's name, bank's address, date of transfer.

3.Fax the bank transfer receipt to the following fax number:
+1 206-309-7083

Our system automatically provided you our International escrow bank account from United Kingdom. The bank account you received with your invoice is AliExpress escrow bank account for International transactions. You must send payment to our bank account. If you won't be satisfied with the vehicle after the inspection we won't release payment to the seller and you will be fully refunded.

Please make payment to the following AliExpress escrow bank account

Bank Name: "Barclays Bank"

AliExpress Representative: Rudys Vargelis

Account Number: xxxxxxx

IBAN: GB16 BARC xx 7xxxxxx451 12

Sort Code: 20-98xxxx21

Swift Code (BIC): xxxx

AliExpress Representative Address: 198 Green Lanes, London, Palmers Green, N135UE,

Bank Address: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP,

Bank Country: United Kingdom

Important Information
As a protective measure for the parties involved in this transaction the funds will be held in a bank account managed by AliExpress agents until you receive the item(s) ordered.
An inspection period of 15 days will be given to the buyer to inspect the item(s) shipped. The inspection period begins on the working day (Monday - Friday) after the goods have been received and continues for the number of working days set. The day the goods are received is established according to the consignment date indicated by the courier or the transport company.
If a refund is requested, the inspection period is ended, and the refund request is processed within 3 working days.
If you need further information, please do not hesitate to reply to this E-mail.
When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than 24 hours. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship vehicle. The Seller has 3 business days to send the Buyer and AliExpress the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer.
We will hold the payment details until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received. As soon as we receive your confirmation we will release the payment details to the seller. The seller is not able to pick up the funds without the payment details you will provide us.

The payment details are confidential and cannot be disclosed to anyone. The information and payment details are forbidden to disclose: Seller, Third Party Person and your bank.
Transfer fees will be deducted from the rest of the total amount when you and the seller will finalize the transaction.
Most of the bank's are not aware of our AliExpress privacy and policy so to achieve a smooth and pleasant transaction we suggest you to send the money for a personal business - MML033556411.
The service you will have to use from your bank is a person to person transfer named International Bank Transfer.

After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact AliExpress Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the Buyer refuses the vehicle, the refund will be sent to the Buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the vehicle is accepted, AliExpress Financial Department submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days.

Safe Trading Tips - Buy with Confidence on AliExpress - it's the safer way to trade.
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return the product within 30 days of receipt. As our User Agreement states, if you are a approved buyer on any item, you are expected to honor your approval and are obliged to complete the transaction. Our Non-Paying Buyers Policy exists to help us enforce our User Agreement with respect to non-paying approved buyers. We will take full measures against persons that will brake the AliExpress rules.

Important Notice
For security reasons please DO NOT release the payment details to the Seller or any other unauthorized person.
All the transaction, payment and personal information is considered confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
Vehicle Purchase Protection program security measures are constantly reviewed and modified given evolving circumstances globally.
Our main and constant priority is the safety of our customers.

Global Transport LTD

The seller is going to use Global Transport LTD Services to deliver the item to your address.
The delivery will take maximum 3-5 working days. The vehicle will be insured and you will have a 15 days return-policy.

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department) AliExpress Inc. E-mail US at AliExpress@insurer.com
AliExpress UK Ltd Belgrave House 76 Buckingham Palace Road London SW1W 9TQ United Kingdom

Copyright © 1999-2012 AliExpress Inc. All Rights Reserved.Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the AliExpress User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
sonicmarina
NewBorn

Re: May or may not...help!

Postby lightfair » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:02 am

Yes, it's a scam.

Interestingly aliexpress.com is real but I'm sure the mail you've gotten did not come from them but from the scammer himself (you'll notice that the email address at the bottom reads AliExpress@insurer.com).

Just do a Google search for the following phrase:

"As I told you in my first email, I divorced, I got a new job and moved to"

(including the quotes). That should be pretty self-explanatory.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud