Suspicious about an escrow company

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Suspicious about an escrow company

Postby laurentiubusoi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 am

I found a car on a German website and the price was too good to be true. I contacted the seller and answered as a man who used to work in Germany but went back to England and had to sell the car. He proposed to send the car through a shipping company who will handle everything. The company's name is MOVEABILITY SPEDITION LTD and the web site is http://moves-ability.com/index.html Is it a scam or not? Do you have any information about it?
Thank you.
laurentiubusoi
NewBorn

Re: Suspicious about an escrow company

Postby lightfair » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Please compare to the entries under

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=231

So yes, it's clearly fake - and so is your "seller". Please post a few more details about the "deal", especially the name and email address used by the scammer. The story itself usually goes like this: The alleged seller worked in Germany, bought a car there and had to go back to the UK (or Ireland). But since the steering wheel is on the wrong side now he has to sell it; and that's why he is selling it so cheap beause in the UK nobody wants such a car.

Are you really from Romania? Because from my experience a large part of those scams is operated by Romanians. So if you want to answer this "seller" once more you may want to include a few insults in Romanian...
lightfair
Master

Postby laurentiubusoi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Thank you,
I suspected it was a scam. It sounded too good to be true. Yes, i am really from Romania and my wife is an English language teacher and she suspected from the first email because the "seller" made some grammatical mistakes, not very common for a native speaker.
The called themselves EDWARD and BARBARA WILLSOTT from the Isle of Man and the email was bestmoments2006@googlemail.com. The escrow company was MOVEABILITY SELECT LIMITED - UK Live Transports
We will file a raport to the Romanian police and maybe they will be caught.
They will get a very "colourful" last email. :lol:
Best wishes
laurentiubusoi
NewBorn

Postby peterj » Fri May 10, 2013 3:24 pm

I found a car on a German website and the price was too good to be true. I contacted the seller and answered as a man who used to work in Germany but went back to England and had to sell the car. He proposed to send the car through a shipping company who will handle everything. The company's name is MOVEABILITY SPEDITION LTD and the web site is http://moves-ability.com/index.html Is it a scam or not? Do you have any information about it?
Thank you.

Definitely stay away from people selling cars online! Unless you can go and see it in real then I would stay well away
peterj
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud