Orangefield escrow scam

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Orangefield escrow scam

Postby sooj » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Avoid :evil: DAVID WATSON <davidwatson0709@hotmail.com> 137 New Road Dagenham Essex, London, RM10 9LU, United Kingdom

I have been searching online for an ultrasound machine.  Another transaction 2 weeks ago left me $3000 poorer due to scammers in Indonesia (Bagus Printer Shop - Andreas Marpung >>>> THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO Graha Suzuya Shop, and will not return my emails and I am pretty sure I have lost my  money). http://www.bagusprintershop.com  and   sales@bagusprintershop.com   and  bagusprintershop@yahoo.com

I replied to an add recently in OLX

http://brisbane.olx.com.au/sonosite-m-t ... -278512253

A fellow called DAVID WATSON replied saying the machine was in London.  We made a deal (after -3 weeks and approx 7email exchanges) and he said he would arrange for escrow and delivery. The supposed 'escrow company ' sent me an email just as David said.  Actually he said to  make sure to check my junk mail box in case it gets filtered.. .. and sure enough,  the email was filtered by my hotmail account!

Escrow email:

Transaction #8225663 - Sonosite M-Turbo Color Doppler Ultrasound

Orangefield Trust Hide details

From: Orangefield Trust <OrangefieldTrust@europe.com> To: <  xxxx@hotmail.com> Subject: Transaction #8225663 - Sonosite M-Turbo Color Doppler Ultrasound Date: Wednesday, 4 July 2012 12:29

Print

INVOICE - No. 58077 Issuing Date: 07 / 04 / 2012

Seller:

David Watson 137 New Road Dagenham Essex, London, RM10 9LU, United Kingdom

Buyer:

Dr xxxxxx  xxxxxxxx,   Muswellbrook, NSW 2333, Australia

No. Name of Products / Services Quantity Transport Time Unit Price Deposit

1 Sonosite M-Turbo Color Doppler Ultrasound 1 3 days AU $8,000.00 AU $8,000.00

TOTAL: AU $8,000.00

Payment must be sent to Orangefield Trust Ltd Agent:

Agent Name: Gue Arden IBAN: GB79 BARC 2095 6163 2209 31 Swift: BARCGB22 Sort acc: 20-95-61 Account number: 63220931 Bank Name: Barclays Bank PLC Bank address: Whetstone Branch, 1250 High Road, Whetstone, London, N20 0PB ,United Kingdom

IMPORTANT: Please submit a scanned copy of your wire slip by replying to this email.

Transaction Steps:

1) Buyer and Seller agree to terms Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description
of the merchandise, sale price, and any shipping information.

2) Buyer pays Orangefield Trust Ltd

3) Seller ships merchandise Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise and submit tracking information. Orangefield Trust Ltd verifies that the Buyer receives the shipment.

4) Buyer accept the merchandise The Buyer has a 5 (five) days for an inspection and the option to accept or reject the merchandise.

5) Orangefield Trust Ltd pays the Seller or return the payment to Buyer a) When the Buyer accepts the merchandise Orangefield Trust Ltd pays* the Seller by the method selected by the Seller. The transaction is complete. *Please note that Orangefield Trust Ltd may perform additional verification before funds are released. b) When the Buyer reject the merchandise, the funds will be returned using the same method as the Buyer paid.

NOTE: Orangefield Trust Ltd, an accredited escrow company, acts as a secure third party to protect the Buyer and Seller. How Buyers are protected: -Orangefield Trust Ltd tracks the shipped merchandise and verifies it was delivered. -The Seller isn't paid until the Buyer accepts the merchandise, or the inspection period expires. How Sellers are protected: -Orangefield Trust Ltd confirms when the Buyer receives merchandise. -The Seller is authorized to ship only after Orangefield Trust Ltd verifies good funds.

Orangefield Services Ltd. - London, UK E-mail: orangefieldtrust@europe.com Web: http://www.orangefieldtrust.com

© Copyright 2012 Orangefield Trust Limited, all rights reserved, all Trademarks aknowledged.

THIS CAME ON A REALISTIC DOCUMENT BUT I DID SOME CHECKS:

I contacted Orangefield Group UK office because I was concerned about the email address of the sender and the website one  bottom of the document page :

Sent: 06 July 2012 04:36 To: Redman, L. (Laura) Subject: Escrow service

Hello,
I hope you can help me. I am in Australia and am about to purchase an Ultrasound machine from a chap in London (so he says) and he set up the escrow service and I received the following mail. However I am concerned about it's legitimacy. I am hoping you can confirm for me that this a legitimate  document from Orangefield Group/Trust.

And received the following reply:

From: Redman, L. (Laura) <   xxxxx@orangefield.com> To: xxxxxxx <    xxxxxx @hotmail.com> Subject: RE: Escrow service Date: Friday, 6 July 2012 9:18:41 AM

Orangefield do not provide escrow services to individual clients and we do not recognize this transaction. We recommend you do not proceed with this transaction.

This is my most recent communication from DAVID WATSON  :

From: david watson <davidwatson0709@hotmail.com> To: <xxxxx @hotmail.com> Subject: RE: Sonosite M-Turbo Color Doppler Ultrasound Date: Friday, 6 July 2012 7:58:15 AM

Hi,

Did you submit the payment yet? I've already packed the ultrasound and it's double boxed with extra protection. I'll wait the Orangefield confirmation.

Sincerely, David

I have asked Orangefield trust to report him to the police in the UK as I feel nothing will get done from a  country town in Australia .

This guy is still oblivious.  How can we have him tracked down?  There was another scam involving a David Watson in USA that was on another fraud site involving legal fees.. not sure if it's the same guy, but   the scam below is definitely the same guy.  

Further evidence of this guy's  fraudulent activity found on search:   http://www.eham.net/articles/27462

SCAMMER: 'selling' KENWOOD TS-950SDX

Robbert J. van Herksen (PA3BKL) on December 30, 2011 Add a comment about this article!

Hi there,

Warning!!!

Someone is offering a KENWOOD TS-950SDX:

http://newyork.olx.com/kenwood-ts-950sdx- with-sm-230-and-mc-90-iid-163022686#pics

I got in touch with 'David Watson' for the UK (??)

He offered me to do the transaction via escrow, using a Trust company called 'Orangefield Trust'

Orangefield Trust would send me an invoice for the amount, and I would transfer the money 'Orangefield Trust' via 'Western Union Money Transfer'.

Well, the 'invoice' arrived in my mailbox. Looked reasonable good (Logo's of Orangefield Trust), but when I called the number of Orangefield Trust, I never got hold of anyone but a voicemail computer. Hmm.

And... the 'invoice' came from: orangefield-services@london.com

That stinks!!

If it came from the REAL Orangefield trust, it would come from the orangefieldtrust.co.uk domain, and not from somebody@london.com

The email that this scammer is using is: davidwuk@live.com

Hmm, not tracable... Microsoft address.

OK folks, you have been warned. Avoid this guy and his fraudulous activities like the Plaqgue.

Best regards and let's all (except Davis Watson) have a great 2012

73's de Robbert / PA3BKL
sooj
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud