Escrow Fraud www.market-united.com

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Escrow Fraud www.market-united.com

Postby shades » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Hello! I tried to sell a watch via eBay and got tricked into using an escrow company. Here are the details:
> URL Scam site: www.market-united.com
> eMail address scammer: ramonastore01@hotmail.com
> Shipping address: Ramona Trent, Calle de Alcalá Nr. 611, 28022 Madrid, Spain
> I shipped the watch via UPS

The site seems to be linked to Accurate Escrow Inc.

I will file a police report first thing tomorrow morning. How are the chances of these people getting caught?
shades
NewBorn

Re: Escrow Fraud www.market-united.com

Postby lightfair » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about you falling victim to those scammers.

Unfortunately for technical reasons I have not been able to add the site to our database yet; however this particular site type has been used several times before:
http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page=gallery&layout=271

(I've seen other examples, too).

As far as catching those scammers: It occasionally happens but the chances are not too high, unfortunately. Still I would like to encourage you to file a police report and in general trying to follow this further. After all it is organized crime; and police should treat it as such (and not as single unrelated incidents).
lightfair
Master

Re: Escrow Fraud www.market-united.com

Postby claireD » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,

Unfortunatly I have also been scammed by www.market-united.com

I was approached through ebay and encouraged to sell my ring(£820.00!!) Using this escrow and the same email address as previously mentioned, I send the ring to the same address in madrid via fedex and it has only become apparent today that this was a scam! To say the least I am devastated as I am a single parent and needed the money to get my self ready for starting back at university in september and I am now out of pocked from shipping cost and no ring!!! I don't know what to do now ather than file a police report??!!
claireD
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud