sucpisous about a seller

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

sucpisous about a seller

Postby Acetaris » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

I did few search over this bbs for a similar thread but i couln't find it.

Anyway here's the copy of the sellers email.

(is email is werner.diederich@hotmail.com)

Hello,

I do apologize for writing you so late; the projects on the office is taking all my free time. The equipment is in perfect conditions (original box with all accessories, documentation, invoice, original purchase bills). I receive it as a present from my boss. Me and my wife we already have another equipment so we have decide to sell it at a reasonable and fair price for those days.

Because I can't afford to establish meetings every day with all my buyers the best way for you to decide to purchase the equipment will be a test of the equipment at your current location in your hands. Right now the equipment Canon EF 400mm 2.8 L IS USM is in Deutsche Post DHL custody because they have a service available for internet transaction and they can handle the transaction for me. I am from Germany.

The company offers a secure service and you will be able to open the package for inspection in the present of the company agent and in this way you have the opportunity to test and inspect the equipment prior to payment plus the company will offer you a 4 days inspection period. Deutsche Post DHL will also issue you a payment invoice with TVA / VAT deductible.

I am going to pay the company services costs, you will pay the equipment price 3100 euro if you decide to buy it after the inspection period is over. Please send me an email with your full name and address so I can request the company to start the transaction / delivery process in case you decide to purchase it. I have attached a full documentation of the company services.

And on the email there's was 3 PDF documents (virus free) named
Deutsche_PostDHL_Process.pdf
Deutsche_PostDHL_BusinessClient_Conditions_EN.pdf
Deutsche_PostDHL_Entreprises_Clientes_Conditions_FR.pdf

The weird point on this email is this " I receive it as a present from my boss."
He sell out the object for 3100€ , and the used prize of this object is at around 8000€.
sound to good to be true.

Im extremly sucpisous about this, did anyone got information about that ?.
Acetaris
NewBorn

Re: sucpisous about a seller

Postby peg » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:37 pm

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Their objective is to get you to send the Money to them and they will do whatever they can to build your confidence that it is safe.

ONLY USE TRUSTED ESCROW AND DELIVERY SERVICES.

Did they provide you with a web address? How will you pay for this?
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lightfair » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 pm

As far as I know Deutsche Post doesn't offer escrow services.

So this guy claims to be from Germany? Let's test his German then. Pretend you speak German yourself and just copy this into your next reply:

Hallo Werner;

vielen Dannk für Deine schnelle Rueckanntwort. Mal so interessehalber: Was machst Du den so berufflich? Ich häte ja auch gerne so eine Taettikeit, bei der cih so ein Gechenk von meiem Vorgesettzten bekome.

Viele Gruese,

<your name>

(yes, the above is intentionally full of bad misspellings; for two reasons: 1. To throw off the Google translation and 2. to expose that "seller". Any real German will be able to make sense of the above regardless of the atrocious spelling. This guy very likely won't.)

This guy seems to target mostly people in France and the Netherlands or Belgium. Just do a search for a few typical phrases from his mail, like:

"Because I can't afford to establish meetings every day with all my buyers the best way"

(including the quotes).
lightfair
Master

Postby Acetaris » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 pm

I confirm at 100% its a fraud.
Since my brain was a little of the time i did the reply on the first email i got form this guy.
He got few information of me (yes , indeed i repeat my brain was turned off).

Now i got an email form Deutsche Post DHL Business Services with bla bla bla .
i looked up into the email source and did a random tracking of the ip adress.

Indeed deutchland is elswhere in England now.

and there's absolutly no escrow service like that with dhl.

(a fun things is, .. escrow (escroc) in french mean crook)
Acetaris
NewBorn

Postby Cenzo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Same scam for me ... In french and from Peter bauer from germany :
To: cenzo101@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: McIntosh XRT 28 AC enceintes / 6 mois / 1er main
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 10:23:59 +0000

Salut,

Je m'excuse pour avoir écrit si tard; les projets sur le bureau prend tout mon temps libre. L'équipement est en parfait état (boîte d'origine avec tous les accessoires, la documentation, facture, factures d'achat originales). Je la reçois comme un cadeau. Moi et ma femme nous avons déjà un autre appareil afin que nous avons décidez de le vendre à un prix raisonnable et équitable pour ces jours.

Parce que je ne peux pas se permettre de mettre en place des réunions tous les jours avec tous mes acheteurs la meilleure façon pour vous de décider d'acheter de l'équipement sera un test de l'équipement à votre emplacement actuel dans vos mains. À l'heure actuelle l'équipement McIntosh XRT 28 AC est en Deutsche Post DHL garde parce qu'ils ont un service disponible pour les transactions Internet et ils peuvent gérer la transaction pour moi. Je suis originaire de l'Allemagne et ma femme est à partir de votre emplacement.

La société offre un service sécurisé et vous serez en mesure d'ouvrir le paquet pour l'inspection dans le présent de l'agent de la compagnie et de cette façon vous avez la possibilité de tester et d'inspecter l'équipement avant le paiement, plus l'entreprise vous offrira un 4 jours période d'inspection. Deutsche Post DHL vous publierai également une facture de paiement avec TVA / TVA déductible.

Je vais payer les services aux entreprises des coûts, vous devrez payer le prix de l'équipement 9400 euro si vous décidez de l'acheter après la période d'inspection est terminée. S'il vous plaît envoyez-moi un email avec votre nom complet et adresse afin que je puisse demander à l'entreprise de démarrer le processus de transaction / livraison au cas où vous décidez de l'acheter. J'ai joint une documentation complète sur les services de l'entreprise.

Sincèrement
Peter

PS: Je vais attendre votre réponse.

--

Hello,

I do apologize for writing you so late; the projects on the office is taking all my free time. The equipment is in perfect conditions (original box with all accessories, documentation, invoice, original purchase bills). I receive it as a present. Me and my wife we already have another equipment so we have decide to sell it at a reasonable and fair price for those days.

Because I can't afford to establish meetings every day with all my buyers the best way for you to decide to purchase the equipment will be a test of the equipment at your current location in your hands. Right now the equipment McIntosh XRT 28 AC is in Deutsche Post DHL custody because they have a service available for internet transaction and they can handle the transaction for me. I am from Germany and my wife is from your location.

The company offers a secure service and you will be able to open the package for inspection in the present of the company agent and in this way you have the opportunity to test and inspect the equipment prior to payment plus the company will offer you a 4 days inspection period. Deutsche Post DHL will also issue you a payment invoice with TVA / VAT deductible.

I am going to pay the company services costs, you will pay the equipment price 9400 euro if you decide to buy it after the inspection period is over. Please send me an email with your full name and address so I can request the company to start the transaction / delivery process in case you decide to purchase it. I have attached a full documentation of the company services.

Sincerely
Peter

Becarefull all of you ! The mail received by the fake deutsche post dhl are very well done ... They sent a second and a third one if you ask questions or have doubt ... All well written with dhl logo and advert pictures.

I could have lost 8000€ !

Chers !
Cenzo
NewBorn

Postby BoingBoing » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Hey.

Just subscribed to confirm this looks really like a fraud :

Experienced the EXACT same first mail, few word changes and different camera reference (Nikon+2optics)...
Seller asking my address to start transaction.
All this to arrive on a @DeutschePost-Europe.de payment request.

Some quite well done .PDF are delivered, but you can't find any track of the service at Deutsche Post.
Other hint : bank transfer is asked to a bank located in Spain !!!

Just asked so called DP requester reasons of transfering money for German company to Spain...
... waiting for the answer... if some.

I'm actually testing domains and e-mails for verification and real location of source of these messages.....
I will send a copy to abuse at official Deutschepost.de to check if invoice messages are real.
BoingBoing
NewBorn

Postby jcharles » Thu May 24, 2012 1:10 pm

This is confirmed, this is a fraud.
I got exactely the same answers (along with the french google translation), and the emails asking for payments when from the USA, au Kansas, near Wichita (see attachment).
The originating IP addresses were : IP 172.190.30.34, 172.130.3.157, or 172.129.5.123.

In addition, the beneficiary was F. Sagard :

BENEFICIARY Attn: F. Savard / Deutsche Post AG
IBAN ES30 2038 1014 4130 0429 7446
BIC (SWIFT) CAHMESMMXXX
PAYMENT TRANSFER DETAILS: 968532420419

Chers ...
Attachments
Fraud_DHL_172.190.30.34.png
One of the originating IP addresses
Fraud_DHL_172.190.30.34.png (181.78 KiB) Viewed 8698 times
jcharles
NewBorn

Postby mlernst » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:22 pm

I can also confirm the fraud. I am from Dortmund, Germany, and received an email in (bad) German with exactly the same content as in the other examples mentioned in this thread.
I was confused when reading the "English" version of the escrow conditions and googled the file name when I found this thread.

Here is the content of "my" mail:

Hallo,

Entschuldigung für die spätere Antwort, aber ich hatte eine Menge Arbeit im Büro zu tun. Wie in meiner Anzeige beschrieben habe, das Gerät kommt in einwandfreiem Zustand, im Original Box mit allem Zubehör und Dokumentation Rechnung / Kaufdatum Rechnungen. Ich erhielt das Gerät als Geschenk (bereits Besitzer eines anderen Geräten so dass ich nicht verzichten). Weil ich nicht Meetings jeden Tag mit alle meinen Kunden etablieren kann, den besten Weg für euch zu entscheiden, um die Ausrüstung zu kaufen, ist ein Test der Geräte bei Ihnen vor Ort, in Ihren Händen. Ich komme ursprünglich aus Belgium.

Im Moment der Ausrüstung Bowers & Wilkins 802D B&W ist in Deutsche Post DHL Haft, weil das Unternehmen die
Transaktion für mich übernimmt. Das Unternehmen bietet einen sicheren Service und Sie können das Paket für die Inspektion in die Gegenwart der Geschäftsführer der Gesellschaft offen und So haben Sie die Möglichkeit die Geräte vor der Zahlung zu testen und prüfen sowie die Firma bietet Ihnen eine 4 Tage Prüffrist.
Das Unternehmen wird auch eine Zahlungsrechnung mit MwSt. absetzbar ausstellen.

Ich bin bereit, das Unternehmen Dienstleistungen Kosten zahlen und Sie nur die Ausrüstungspreis (4200 Euro) bezahlen, wenn Sie es nach die Prüffrist entscheiden zu kaufen. Bitte teilen Sie mir Ihren vollständigen Namen und Adresse mit, damit ich Anfrage an das Unternehmen, um die Transaktion / Lieferung zu starten kann, falls Sie entscheiden es zu kaufen. Ich habe eine vollständige Dokumentation der Dienstleistungen für Unternehmen Leistungen.

Vielen Dank!
Marcel

marcel.carstensen@hotmail.com
PS: Ich werde für Ihre Antwort warten!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dateianhänge zur E-Mail
•Deutsche_PostDHL_Process.pdf (application/pdf)
•Deutsche_PostDHL_BusinessClient_Conditions_EN.pdf (application/pdf)
mlernst
NewBorn

Postby nielle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 pm

After responding to an ebay.fr advert, I received the same dodgy email from a seller supposedly based in both France & Germany, selling photographic Nikon gear at an amazingly low price. Same story as reported earlier about the gifting, his wife, DHL inspection, DHL invoice that looks real... etc. And awful spelling mistakes :x
I searched but could not find any info on this supposed service by DHL. I have alerted Ebay about this seller.
I wish DHL would communicate about this (and make their communication number one on google search) to inform consumers.

I've copied below the emails I received from 'DHL' and from the seller. I hope it helps to prevent fraud.
----------------------------------------
Email from DHL

Subject: DHL Payment Information for Transaction number xxxx - Payment invoice !

Dear xxx,

Thank you for choosing Deutsche Post DHL, the safest, most convenient and flexible way
for on-line commerce. We are sure that our service will satisfy your needs.

The seller is interested in selling the goods described below using Deutsche Post DHL Business Service.

Please print the attached payment invoice (to avoid payments in error) and pay it
as soon as possible in order to avoid delays in your transaction / delivery of the merchandise!

We are waiting for your payment confirmation so we can deliver the equipment to your location.

The Seller has drawn up an Deutsche Post DHL Business Service transaction which you can examine.
The transaction identification number (Shipment Tracking) is, as follows:

...................................................................................
Your Transaction Shipment tracking = tracks to a package with your name on

http://www.dhl.de/en.html
Transaction ID :
Description : Nikon + Accessories
Inspection Period : 4 Days
Selling Price : 2.400.00 €
Way of paying : Bank Transfer to Deutsche Post DHL Business

The fees for Deutsche Post DHL Business Services were paid by the seller.

Note: The content of the package and the merchandise documents have been verified and confirmed by our Deutsche Post DHL Security Team and the manufacture company.
We conduct this verification prior to all our Business Transactions to avoid transactions
with stolen/fake or clone goods.

Our company is waiting for your payment confirmation so we can deliver the equipment to your location.

...................................................................................
Important Note: Once your payment is done, please send a justification (copy of your bank statement form) by fax +49-403-5679-8929 or email.

Our services are available only to those who can act in their full capacity, as intended and desired by EU Law (Civil Code art. 2), that is the capacity to conclude contracts and sales.

The money must be paid net of the sending and receiving costs, any mistakes made in transferring the money can cause delays and further expenses.

Payment must be made by Bank Transfer within 72 hours after receipt of instructions.

Next step to be taken:
The buyer must send the payment to our Deutsche Post DHL headquartered financial center.

Deutsche Post DHL Business Service Bank Details

BENEFICIARY Attn: V. Pedersen / Deutsche Post AG
IBAN GR76 0260 1540 0005 1010 1624 918
BIC (SWIFT) EFGBGRAA

PAYMENT TRANSFER DETAILS: xxxxxx
If you have any questions / concerns regarding this transaction, or if we can be of service to you in any way, please reply to this message and please do not change the subject line; in this way we will be able to identify your transaction details and offer you a proper answer.

Contacting other departments may cause misunderstandings, errors or delays in your
transaction / delivery of the merchandise.

LEARN MORE ABOUT Deutsche Post DHL:

Ship cheap and reliably your goods with Deutsche Post DHL- egal ob Paket-,
Express- or choose Vehicle, Furniture shipping-.

With a few clicks of the mouse and the hum of your printer,
your shipment is ready to go.

See more details:
http://www.deutschepost.de/de.html?did= ... d_postlogo

Deutsche Post DHL - Alles einfach versenden.

Our highly motivated and dynamic International-Team of native English speakers is always available for your inquiries.

with best regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Yours Deutsche Post DHL Service-Team

Deutsche Post DHL
- Kundenservice -
Schlüterstraße 51, D-20146 Hamburg
Tel/Fax: +49-403-5679-8929
http://www.deutschepost.de

Headquarter:
Deutsche Post DHL, External Communications, Charles-de-Gaulle-Str. 20, 53113, Bonn

Commercial register no.:
Registergericht Bonn HRB 6792 USt-IdNr.: DE 169838187

VAT ID: DE 169838187

© 2012 Deutsche Post AG

------------------

Email from seller

Salut,

Je vais commencer mon e-mail en vous disant que je un pas un expert dans l'équipement mis en vente; je la reçois comme un cadeau. Il est en parfait état, boite d'origine avec tous les accessoires, la documentation, facture, factures d'achat initiale). Je suis d'Allemagne et en raison de la nature de mon travail, je suis hors du pays le plus clair de mon temps. Ma femme est à partir de votre emplacement.

À l'heure actuelle l'équipement Nikon est en garde à vue DHL en Allemagne, ils ont une option disponible pour les transactions Internet. J'ai choisi DHL, car ils peuvent émettre une facture avec TVA déductible et il dispose d'un service sécurisé étaient l'acheteur est en mesure d'ouvrir le paquet pour l'inspection dans le présent de l'agent de la compagnie; permet de tester et inspecter l'équipement avant le paiement. (La société propose également 4 jours la période d'inspection à l'acheteur.)

Le coût total de l'équipement complet est de 2400 euro. (Je vais payer les services aux entreprises des coûts.) S'il vous plaît trouver ci-joint quelques informations société si vous n'êtes pas familiarisé avec DHL.

Sincèrement
Klaus

PS: Je vais attendre votre nom et adresse afin que je puisse demander à l'entreprise de démarrer la transaction / livraison au cas où vous décidez de l'acheter.

>> Salut,
>>
>> Je vous remercie pour votre réponse rapide!
>>
>> Comme indiqué dans mon message précédent dès que je recevrai votre nom
>> complet et l'adresse je vais demander à DHL de livrer le matériel à votre
>> emplacement pour l'inspection.
>>
>> Une fois le processus de transaction est démarrée DHL vous contactera et ils
>> vous fourniront toutes les informations. L'équipement est en garde à vue
>> entreprise parce qu'ils gérer la transaction pour moi. Le paiement sera
>> effectué par virement bancaire sur le compte bancaire d'entreprise basée sur
>> la facture de paiement que DHL vous émettez.
>>
>> Vous serez en mesure d'ouvrir le paquet pour l'inspection dans le présent de
>> l'agent de DHL et de cette façon vous aurez la chance de tester et
>> d'inspecter l'équipement et des documents. Je vais aussi leur demander de
>> vous offrir 4 jours pour tester et d'inspecter l'équipement et je suis sûr
>> que 4 jours sera plus que suffisant pour vous décider à l'acheter ou non.
>>
>> Je n'ai qu'une petite demande à vous, je vous prions dans la période 4
>> jours inspection de l'équipement de bien prendre soin de l'équipement et des
>> accessoires.
>>
>> Sincèrement
>> Klaus
>>
>> PS: Je vais attendre pour votre nom complet et adresse afin que je puisse
>> demander DHL pour démarrer la transaction et le processus de livraison au
>> cas où vous décidez de l'acheter.
nielle