Poland-Usa Services International

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Poland-Usa Services International

Postby mat68046 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Hello

http://pl-us-service.biz

It's reassuring to know that resources are out there when researching these things. I have a twist to the typical subject matter although it still fits in to the definition of this forum. This company "Poland-USA Services International" claims to be in the escrow business and is apparently looking for "agents" to process payments from buyers to sellers. Along with a 6 page employment application there are other tools available like a Yahoo Messenger contact who was quite helpful. To process these payments a bank account is required for incoming payments and apparently outgoing payments are to be processed subsequently by withdrawing the funds and thereafter sending back out via Western Union. My inquiries to the person on the other end of the YM chat yielded no response about why there had to be a conversion to cash in the process (assuming anonymity within the transaction but also a break in tracking). I was also curious, being in the States, how I should be expected to pay taxes on my "earnings", whether by 1099 or W2. There was some confusion on my part about whether or not I was to be an employee or a contractor. Company also purports to be able to assist in helping me form my own company (purpose?). Interesting considering they're based in Warsaw...Tools on this site yield interesting data about http://pl-us-service.biz. Website is less than a year old and the company claims to be formed in 2006, arguably that the website could be legitimately that young. Just for giggles I concluded the YM chat with "Dziękuję", figuring the Polish "thank-you" would be answered with the equivalent "you're welcome", but wasn't...Noticed that privacyprotect.org came up, see the current whois for PL-US-SERVICE.BIZ below:
Domain Name: PL-US-SERVICE.BIZ
Domain ID: D47769689-BIZ
Sponsoring Registrar: DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A
PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 303
Registrar URL (registration services): http://www.publicdomainregistry.com
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registrant ID: PP-SP-001
Registrant Name: Domain Admin
Registrant Organization: PrivacyProtect.org
Registrant Address1: ID#10760, PO Box 16
Registrant Address2: Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit
Privacyprotect.org
Registrant City: Nobby Beach
Registrant Postal Code: QLD 4218
Registrant Country: Australia
Registrant Country Code: AU
Registrant Phone Number: +45.36946676
Registrant Email:
Administrative Contact ID: PP-SP-001
Administrative Contact Name: Domain Admin
Administrative Contact Organization: PrivacyProtect.org
Administrative Contact Address1: ID#10760, PO Box 16
Administrative Contact Address2: Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit
Privacyprotect.org
Administrative Contact City: Nobby Beach
Administrative Contact Postal Code: QLD 4218
Administrative Contact Country: Australia
Administrative Contact Country Code: AU
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +45.36946676
Administrative Contact Email:
Billing Contact ID: PP-SP-001
Billing Contact Name: Domain Admin
Billing Contact Organization: PrivacyProtect.org
Billing Contact Address1: ID#10760, PO Box 16
Billing Contact Address2: Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit
Privacyprotect.org
Billing Contact City: Nobby Beach
Billing Contact Postal Code: QLD 4218
Billing Contact Country: Australia
Billing Contact Country Code: AU
Billing Contact Phone Number: +45.36946676
Billing Contact Email:
Technical Contact ID: PP-SP-001
Technical Contact Name: Domain Admin
Technical Contact Organization: PrivacyProtect.org
Technical Contact Address1: ID#10760, PO Box 16
Technical Contact Address2: Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit
Privacyprotect.org
Technical Contact City: Nobby Beach
Technical Contact Postal Code: QLD 4218
Technical Contact Country: Australia
Technical Contact Country Code: AU
Technical Contact Phone Number: +45.36946676
Technical Contact Email:
Name Server: NS1.REDHOSTING.RU
Name Server: NS2.REDHOSTING.RU
Created by Registrar: DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A
PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Last Updated by Registrar: DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A
PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Domain Registration Date: Fri Nov 11 06:12:55 GMT 2011
Domain Expiration Date: Sat Nov 10 23:59:59 GMT 2012
Domain Last Updated Date: Fri Nov 11 06:12:56 GMT 2011

So, my question is, is this thing legit? I could really use this opportunity but not at the risk of breaking RICO laws or other some such regulations. Mister YM assures me that all transactions would be from within the US but the Western Union thing still bothers me as well as their application NOT asking me for a social security number. This is a flag in my mind for tax reporting purposes. I don't know if I can simply claim the income without going further into from where. The conversion to cash is the real reason they need people and I'd like to know why.

Thanks for reading and hopefully the answers to this will help others who may be considering pursuing this.
mat68046
NewBorn

Re: Poland-Usa Services International

Postby lightfair » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 pm

mat68046 wrote:Hello

http://pl-us-service.biz

[...]

So, my question is, is this thing legit?

No. Not at all.

You're being asked to work as a "money mule" (just do a Google search for this). Essentially you will be used to to receive money that was illegally obtained (possibly from hacked Paypal accounts or hacked bank accounts or from payments for fake ebay auctions or from fake car sellers - there are numerous possibilities) and then to forward this money by Western Union. Now, the thing is that those Western Union payments are non-traceable (they are usually picked up with fake passports). So, in the end the victims (and the police) will stick to the last known person in this chain - which is you.

You've already found a number of inconsistencies; there are several others. Several text searches give clear hits.

Anyway; I'll report this to "my people" and with a bit of luck the website will be gone in a day or so.
lightfair
Master

Postby mat68046 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 am

lightfair

Thank you for the prompt and well explained response. I had that nagging feeling that something was quite wrong. It's difficult to tell from the Poland-USA Services International website exact information about who they are, who does their "escrow" work and so on. Being old-fashioned, I try to follow the adage "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is..."
I am looking for such a job as a work-from-home backup and I should have known better than I did that this was just too good a fit. Apparently designed as such by the scammer. Mentions of IES and doing a whois helped confirm my suspicions enough for me to solicit advice as the whois revealed "protectprivacy.org" or something similar which threw up a flag by itself. I'm so relieved that everyone else EXCEPT ME would be perfectly protected and somewhat immune from prosecution. As always, the good guy falls.

Hopefully this forum entry helps someone else before they sign on for this potential world of hurt. Thanks again!
mat68046
NewBorn

Postby mat68046 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:58 am

lightfair

I suspect that bringing this site down may be tough since they claim to having IES and it's "subsidiaries" handling the actual escrow work...Thoughts? The .biz site is still up as I figure it will be for quite a while.
mat68046
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:52 pm

mat68046 wrote:I suspect that bringing this site down may be tough since they claim to having IES and it's "subsidiaries" handling the actual escrow work...Thoughts? The .biz site is still up as I figure it will be for quite a while.

From where I sit it has been gone for two days now. In addition you may notice that the PrivacyProtect part has been removed (and now shows that it was allegedly registered by someone from Russia - but this may have been forged).

Of course the nicest part of the current WHOIS is this:

Code: Select all
Name Server:                                 NS1.SUSPENDED-DOMAIN.COM
Name Server:                                 NS2.SUSPENDED-DOMAIN.COM

Please check again.
lightfair
Master

Postby pmanzie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Could this be the same company now doing business as Garant Express Group out of Warsaw? This group advertises escrow transfer services and is hiring transfer agents. Their site seems quite honest and open, but don't they all!!! Their claim that agents will make about 5% on each transferal seems ok, but after reading this post, I am suspicious.
pmanzie
NewBorn

Postby pmanzie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks. Texts seem to be the same. Looks like Poland-USA Services International is D/B/A Garant Express Group. The email I received from them is Garant Express Group but the website they refer me to is Garantexpress.com. The specific person that the retun email points to is e.novak....thanks for the info.
pmanzie
NewBorn

Postby phoenix2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 pm

OMG! Thanks so much for this entire chain. I received an email from emilia.novak@juno.com a few weeks ago, responded 8 days ago and have heard absolutely nothing back. I had a feeling that this was fake too and decided to browse their site. I saw that under partners, CHASE Bank is listed. I currently bank with CHASE. Today I decided to check the website again and IT'S GONE!
phoenix2013
NewBorn

Postby kipio » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:29 am

They now seem to be doing business as investment-standard-pl.net. Everything in this forum is exactly what I am experiencing now.There website looks legit but is appears to be the same pattern as Poland-Usa Services International. Company founded 2006
kipio
NewBorn

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud