Estonia Car Site Scam

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Estonia Car Site Scam

Postby BrandnerRoberts » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Hello,

i am a Antique Collector from Austria. A few days ago i found a Kettenkrad (German Bike from the War) for sale on a Website in Germany. Here is the Link to the ADD from this Site:

https://www.motorsportmarkt.de/show/mot ... k-101.html

I got in Contact with the Seller via Email. After a Day i got a response. He is a Car Dealer from Estonia with the Name Name: Nikolajev Sergei.
My Home-Adresse: Suurevalja tn 9, 10613, Harju maakond, Tallinn, Estland.

He runs this Website there: https://nikolajevsergeiest.wixsite.com/ ... motorcycle

At the first Look for me it was all legit. I was looking after one of this Kettenkrad for a good Friend of mine from America. The Price for it was very good, so i ask the Seller to send me more Pictures, what he quickly did. After looking to the Pictures, i was even more happy and it looks all more legit to me. Then i was asking for Pictures from the Engine. Then i got the answer the Bike is stored in his Barn some 400Km away from his House where he live. And because of bad Weather he want go there just to take some pictures. What somehow sounded possible to me. Then he send me the Paperwork for the Bike, all on his Name. At that time i was close to be sure it is legit and fine. So i ask him how he like to make the deal.

Then i got this answer from him:

Okay!

Our transaction will be managed by DHL Europe Company for our own protection. DHL policy is safe & advantageous for both of us. We we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us. I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate (treuhand).

DHL will keep your money (into a company protection account) until you inspect/test the motorcycle with all the documents, and in the mean time, offers me the guarantee that you have the money, to buy it. In this way, both, me and you, will have protection. You don't want to pay first, i don't want to lose time and money. With DHL, first, you will inspect the motorcycle, and I have the warranty that you are serious, real person, and have the money.

Look how we do business, as both to be protected and have a safe:
1. I will send our transaction details to DHL Europe.
2. DHL will contact you directly with: Kaufvertrag, transaction details, payment details, tracking number, all details, usw...
3. You send the money to DHL representative agent bank.
4. DHL confirm your payment and deliver the motorcycle directly at your location.
5. You receive the motorcycle at your address and have 7 days to inspect it + all documents.

-After 7 days, if you accept the motorcycle, DHL will send me the money.
-After 7 days, if something does not convince you, if you decide to not keep the motorcycle, for any reason; DHL return you the money back in max 24 hours.

So, you send the money to DHL representative agent bank... DHL confirm your payment and come at your home address with the motorcycle. You receive it, look it, see that everything is perfect. If everything is correct, DHL will send the money to me and everybody's happy. If something does not convince you, it is not what you expect, damaged, usw... DHL return you the money back in 24 hours.

To inform DHL about our transaction, i need your personal details (name, address, city, postal code, country, mobile/fix phone number, fax number). As soon i have your details, i will inform DHL about our transaction; DHL will contact you directly, with more details about: me, transaction info, payment, purchase contract, invoice, all the details you need.

After reading this, i called my Friend in America and told him for me that is a good Deal, because we can use a Treuhand as well and not need to give money first. But later today i start finally to use my Brain and talk to someone i know at Interpol. He then told me how to check the papers, what i did right away. And as it turns out, the Papers he send me are not from a Kettenkrad, but from a Harley Davison, and as well not on his Name. So he send me simple some crap shit papers what he changed the Name and Model of the Bike. And of course then all the Rest, his Website ect is fake as well.

So to all here, please be aware from that Clown and his Website. All the Informations will pass to the right Authorities as well tomorrow. And hopefully one of these Fraudstars will be taken down before he can do any harm to someone else.

Thanks God i am able to sometimes use my Brain:)
BrandnerRoberts
NewBorn

Re: Estonia Car Site Scam

Postby lightfair » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 am

Hello;

first of all I'm glad that you and your friend didn't lose any money. So far all you spent on this is time (and you got an "interesting" experience back for this). I'll point out the numerous warning signs that (in hindsight) are probably obvious to you as well.
(You could have done this in German; but let's stick to English.)

BrandnerRoberts wrote:Hello,

i am a Antique Collector from Austria. A few days ago i found a Kettenkrad (German Bike from the War) for sale on a Website in Germany. Here is the Link to the ADD from this Site:

https://www.motorsportmarkt.de/show/mot ... k-101.html

I got in Contact with the Seller via Email.

Why via email? After all, there IS a phone number in the ad. Why not give "Mathilde" a call?

Next warning sign: email address in the picture. That's basically a very sure sign of a scam. A google search for the email address kaufen000@web.de immediately leads to (for example) this:

http://trialforum.net/index.php/Thread/ ... nanzeigen/

and others.

After a Day i got a response. He is a Car Dealer from Estonia with the Name Name: Nikolajev Sergei.
My Home-Adresse: Suurevalja tn 9, 10613, Harju maakond, Tallinn, Estland.

So the name went from a woman to a man and the address from Braunschweig to Tallinn.

Right.

He runs this Website there: https://nikolajevsergeiest.wixsite.com/ ... motorcycle

At the first Look for me it was all legit.

Yeah. Only that the background and ground of all pictures (for the different bikes) is different. And that in one picture there are german labels on a cabinet visible. And so on...

I was looking after one of this Kettenkrad for a good Friend of mine from America. The Price for it was very good, so i ask the Seller to send me more Pictures, what he quickly did. After looking to the Pictures, i was even more happy and it looks all more legit to me. Then i was asking for Pictures from the Engine. Then i got the answer the Bike is stored in his Barn some 400Km away from his House where he live. And because of bad Weather he want go there just to take some pictures. What somehow sounded possible to me.

Really? I mean, he's allegedly a car (or bike) dealer. He wants 45k for this thing. So in which country is the Kettenkrad then allegedly located? Not in Estonia for sure (think of the size of the country and the distances)...

Then he send me the Paperwork for the Bike, all on his Name. At that time i was close to be sure it is legit and fine. So i ask him how he like to make the deal.

Then i got this answer from him:

Okay!

Our transaction will be managed by DHL Europe Company for our own protection. DHL policy is safe & advantageous for both of us. We we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us. I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate (treuhand).

Well, DHL is pretty well known. They have a great web presence. They can be contacted easily. (BTW, this can be used in hilarious ways to "troll" such scammers: "But I went to the DHL web site. I can't find what you told me would be there." Especially when claiming to really wanting to transfer the money right away...)

(remaining stuff deleted)

After reading this, i called my Friend in America and told him for me that is a good Deal, because we can use a Treuhand as well and not need to give money first. But later today i start finally to use my Brain and talk to someone i know at Interpol. He then told me how to check the papers, what i did right away. And as it turns out, the Papers he send me are not from a Kettenkrad, but from a Harley Davison, and as well not on his Name. So he send me simple some crap shit papers what he changed the Name and Model of the Bike. And of course then all the Rest, his Website ect is fake as well.

Just a bit more "food for thought": If the papers (for some reason) would not have turned out to be obviously fake - would you have gone forward with the deal?
In hindsight practically EVERYTHING before this already screams "fake", right?

So to all here, please be aware from that Clown and his Website. All the Informations will pass to the right Authorities as well tomorrow. And hopefully one of these Fraudstars will be taken down before he can do any harm to someone else.

Thanks God i am able to sometimes use my Brain:)

I'm wondering: Did he give you the alleged "DHL" website which would handle the escrow part?

Thanks for posting your story. Hopefully the names and websites used will be picked up be the search engines quickly.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud