Albrighton Transport

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Albrighton Transport

Postby robandali » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:21 pm

I have been looking to buy a motorcycle and the person wanted me to use this escrow shipping company, http://albrightontransport.com/. Does anyone know of this one? Something tells me this is not legitimate.

Thanks!
robandali
NewBorn

Re: Albrighton Transport

Postby lightfair » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:07 pm

You're right, it's fake.

I've added it to our database. With a bit of luck it should be killed within the next 24 hours.

Please post a few more details, especially the name and email address the "seller" is using.
lightfair
Master

Postby robandali » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:32 pm

I did some more poking around and found a user on Reddit that was curious about this web site http://bevandertrans.com. This is exactly like the Albrighttransport site. The email the person is using is williamcarlcouch@gmail.com and his name is William C Couch (obviously fake). Thanks for having this site. I also reported the listing from Oodle, so they should be deleting it as well. I am sure this person has many more listings.

Here is the email he sent to me in case someone should need it to figure out if their deal is fake.
"Hello again,
Sorry for the late answer. Something came up and we had to leave immediately out of town. We want to let you know that the bike is still available, this bike is well maintained. No leaks anywhere, all the manuals are with the bike, and all the maintenance receipts are available. Kept in a climate controlled facility. Excellent Condition! No dents. The engine runs like a top. Clean history. Never been involved in any kind of accident. It runs and drives very good, needs nothing! It comes with a clear and clean title in hand signed over in the right places and all the paper work. Also the manuals books and keys. We want to sell it because we are in desperate need of cash due to my father several uninspired decisions while gambling, so we end up with a lot of debts and we are about to lose our business as well. We are also about to change our house for a cheaper one in GA and try to sell more other things.
We had a serious buyer before and we lost about 2 weeks waiting for her but we just find out that her loan wasn't approved. The bike supposed be delivered in England therefore is already in Port Newark - NJ crated and ready for the shipping.
We are currently signed up for a protection offered by Albrighton Program and we would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the bike before paying us.The payment will be made not to us, but to Albrighton. And they will hold the payment until you will receive and inspect the bike, along with all the documents. In this way you're not buying something sight unseen. You will have a 5-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the bike or not before they release the funds to us. If you will decide that you will not buy the bike(although there is nothing wrong with it), I will have the shipping company come pick up my bike, I have insurance for return policy so it will not be a problem.
If we reach an agreement, we are willing to take care of the shipping because the fee was already paid. The shipping company will not refund in full but offered to ship the bike anywhere within US, so it is at their warehouse and it's ready to be shipped anytime.

So.. to reserve the bike for you, initiate transaction and send the bike to your address, for inspection, please visit http://albrightontransport.com/ register then confirm me if you want to buy it.

Looking forward for your reply."

You can google words in the email and find it is canned and just the transport company and small details, ie., car listing or motorcycle listing remain in the email.
robandali
NewBorn

Postby robandali » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:34 pm

So, I have a question. I looked around to see if there was some information about these companies, Albright Transport and Bevander Transport. I found there are financials located at http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/bevander ... -08464275/. Do the scammers actual go to these great lengths to perpetrate the lie? I know it is a scam, but someone may not go through all the research I did to check and they may think it is legit to see financial information for these so called companies that don't exist.

By the way, the Albright Transport site is down, so thank you. Could you also add the Bevander web site as well if you haven't done so.

Thanks!
robandali
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:06 am

robandali wrote:So, I have a question. I looked around to see if there was some information about these companies, Albright Transport and Bevander Transport. I found there are financials located at http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/bevander ... -08464275/. Do the scammers actual go to these great lengths to perpetrate the lie? I know it is a scam, but someone may not go through all the research I did to check and they may think it is legit to see financial information for these so called companies that don't exist.

No, it's (more or less) the other way around: The scammers comb through the company registers of existing companies and then use the data of such an existing company to give them fake credibility. The original company doesn't have anything to do with this and usually isn't even aware that there is some website out there that pretends to be them.
In fact, a couple of years ago this was a pretty sure way to determine the fake nature of a site because no legit site would say right in the middle "you can look us up under such and such registry number". A classic case of "trying too hard to look legit"...
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud