Is mexcrow.com.mx a legitimate escrow site?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Is mexcrow.com.mx a legitimate escrow site?

Postby tbkirkish630 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:48 pm

I am wondering if anyone can tell if www.mexcrow.com.mx is a legitamate escrow site/service? I have been looking all over online and have not found anything that says that they are not. Also, www.rdconsultants.com ?
tbkirkish630
NewBorn

Re: Is mexcrow.com.mx a legitimate escrow site?

Postby lightfair » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:32 pm

http://www.rdconsultants.com is not active.

http://www.mexcrow.com.mx doesn't look suspicious at first glance. However this doesn't have to say a lot (after all, if a site had "fraud" written all over no one would fall for it). There are a number of things that look at least a bit unusual to me.

I guess this has something to do with the sale/transfer of a timeshare?
lightfair
Master

Postby tbkirkish630 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks! And sorry, it's actually www.rdconsultants.com.mx

And yes, it has to do with a timeshare sale. I can't seem to find anything out. I signed up for "whois", but I don't know if there are any red flags in there. They sent me a full purchase to offer (I am a Real Estate Agent). I have not signed it. They sent me via email a copy of Mexcrow's business license, but I wouldn't be able to tell if it is legit or not. My concern, of course, is the upfront $900 in escrow for title and escrow fees. I just wish I could contact another title company in Mexico to ask if this is standard. In the states typically any money held in escrow comes out of the proceeds. He said if we resided in Mexico, that would be the case too.

There is a lot out there about escrow fraud, but what I am looking for is any legit info to support.
tbkirkish630
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 am

If you search our forums for "timeshare" you'll see at least two other threads that deal with this type of escrow. Interestingly there also were escrow companies allegedly from Mexico involved.

Since I am largely non-familiar with this type of escrow company I'm afraid I can't be of much help otherwise. We usually deal here with a different kind of escrow "companies" and their fraud attempts.
lightfair
Master

Postby Hunter01 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:29 pm

I have been in communication with mexcrow.com.mx, rdconsultants.com.mx, and Mexico Condoshare for over a year (to sell my timeshare) and have (unfortunately) given them thousands of dollars in up-front fees and "tariffs" with no results. In fact, I was supposed to "close on the sale" during the week of the 19th of December, 2011 and the rdconsultants.com.mx site was suddenly cancelled -- the explanation was a "server problem". This site was then rolled into mexcrow.com.mx which also suddenly disappeared. None including Mexico Condoshare return calls/emails. Note that Mexico Condoshare and rdconsultants share the same telephone number [011-52-722-462-2215] and have addresses only about a mile apart from each other. Also note that the computer server IP addresses are located in the Bahamas and the UK. Individuals with whom I worked on this include Angelina Vega, Emma Flores Ruiz, Keli and Carl Keyes, Danya Hernandez and Nick Torres. Anyone reading this post who has information on these companies and/or individuals please post. Work with these companies and individuals not recommended.
Hunter01
NewBorn

Postby kflint » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 pm

I have gone through the exact same thing as Hunter01, same companies(RDConsultants, Mexcrow), same people, has gone on for over a year now. Started with Kirk Mason at RDConsultants, I have spoken to Thomas Hawkes at 'RDconsultants' a couple times. I continue to get email responses from mexcrow1 (Emma Flores Ruiz at this point, was Danya Hernandez, Angelina Vegas). They are supposedly to send me a 'closing package' this week(January 2-6, 2012)...
Based on the responses I'm getting it really seems 'legit'...but it's taking soo long...guess I'm at their mercy.
kflint
NewBorn

Postby i5traveler » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:12 am

I also provided approx $2500 to Mexcrow & RD Consultants in November for closing costs and tariffs, and I am still waiting for my closing papers. I was promised they would be sent on multiple occasions, most recently stating the first week of January. I received the email that said their server went down and reassured me that all would be fine in early December. I emailed Keli Keyes, Emma Flores Ruiz, and Karl Keyes, and all emails have been disabled within the last few days. Like everyone else who has posted, the information was very detailed and seemed legit. I now feel I have been scammed and I am out quite a bit of money that I really didn't have to spend. Lesson learned. :-(
i5traveler
NewBorn

Postby Hunter01 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:17 pm

I am continuing to get no responses from rdconsultants.com.mx, mexcrow.com.mx or mexico condoshare. The only site available is rdconsultants.com.mx and they do not respond either. I have lost $3,500 in "escrow fees, title searches, and tariffs". I was supposed to "close the transaction during December, 2011" then it was rescheduled to "close on the transaction during the first week of January, 2012". I have tried repeatedly to contact Keli Keyes, Carl Keyes, Angelina Vega, and Emma Flores Ruiz--none of them respond. I would like to suggest and recommend that EVERYONE who has been ripped off by these organizations and individuals simply report the scheme to the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (www.ic3.gov). When dealing with international transactions, you're going to be better off trying to get the FBI to perhaps interact with the Mexican authorities to see if any compensation can be obtained for you. I am going to file a complaint this week.
Hunter01
NewBorn

Postby kflint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Yep, I was promised a closing package first week of January...since not receiving it I've sent a couple emails and NO RESPONSES now.
I guess I've been scammed as well. Crooks!!!! Lesson learned here!
kflint
NewBorn

Postby Hunter01 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 pm

it is unlikely any of us will get our money back. You'd have to hire a Mexican attorney (which is also a dicey activity) and file a lawsuit there. I suggest at this point we simply report the scheme to the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (www.ic3.gov). When dealing with international transactions, we're going to be better off trying to get the FBI to perhaps interact with the Mexican authorities to see if any compensation can be obtained. If they follow the IP address it may take them to the Bahamas and/or UK....
Hunter01
NewBorn

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud