Mobile Escrow Fraud?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Mobile Escrow Fraud?

Postby wehave » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi,

First off i hope i post this in the right section.

I was looking for a mobile phone thru www.marktplaats.com and found one.
After contacting the person he told me he was from Romania and he shipping from there thru some sort of escrow company. www.HotSpedition.com
I actually never even heard the term escrow but before i pay any money i will always check things online and found this website.
Can anyone tell me if this is legit or not?

the last message from him i will post.

Let me explain you the process so you understand how it works. For international customer I use www.HotSpedition.com that offers security for buyers and sellers and Also have low fees for shipping: THE BUYER WILL RECEIVE AND INSPECT MERCHANDISE BEFORE THE SELLER IS PAID!
I will deposit the phones to the shipping company custody. I will give you the tracking number to see that the phones has been sent. After you check the tracking number you will make the payment to the shipping company. As soon as the payment is made to the shipping company, they will deliver you the phones. After you receive the phones you have 7 days to inspect the package and if you want to keep it you must contact HotSpedition to forward me the payment. If you don `t want to keep the phones, HotSpedition will give you back the money. It `s very safe for both of us because the company works like escrow. I suggest you to use this company because they have low fees for EU (EU) and I will support them so the price for the phone will remain the same.
So let me know
Thanks

Thank for the help.
wehave
NewBorn

Re: Mobile Escrow Fraud?

Postby lightfair » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 pm

wehave wrote:Hi,

First off i hope i post this in the right section.

I was looking for a mobile phone thru http://www.marktplaats.com and found one.
After contacting the person he told me he was from Romania

...and that may even be true...

and he shipping from there thru some sort of escrow company. http://www.HotSpedition.com

..but that certainly is not true.

Fake, plain and simple.

Just do a Google search for the following phrase (including the quotes):

"I will deposit the phones to the shipping company custody"
lightfair
Master

Re: Mobile Escrow Fraud?

Postby wehave » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Ok i see it now, totally fake.
Good thing i always check things first.

Thx for the help
wehave