Scam advertisement on Marktplaats.nl

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Scam advertisement on Marktplaats.nl

Postby lightfair » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 pm

This particular site is hosted with a UK company called "netbenefit" (netbenefit.co.uk).

Let me see how many reports I have sent them in the past: I'd say about three dozen or more (most of them this year).

Examples:

http://ionela-logistics-ltd.org/ reported on June 2nd (does that look familiar? same scammer)
http://www.rog-cargo.co.uk/ reported on June 2nd
http://gsf-cars-freight-ltd.co.uk/ reported on June 13th
http://trust-rs-fast.com/ reported on June 12th
http://rox-cargo.co.uk/ reported in April

and so on. All the sites are still active. Go figure.

(To be fair: I got a "real" reply early April apologizing for the delay and conforming a few kills; but things went back to the previous state pretty quickly).

Easily.co.uk might kill the registration (this has worked sometimes in the past).
lightfair
Master

Postby Jackill » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:22 pm

So...from what i see...the hosts are not really cooperative... :(
Why is that? don't they really give a f*** about what shady business is happening on their servers?
Jackill
Infant

Postby lightfair » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Well, it depends.

Some hosts are extremely cooperative (I had a couple kills today that happened within minutes after sending the report). There are of course some "grey hats" that may knowlingly accept this type of sites as long as the complaints don't pile up too high. I think most of the non-cooperative hosts are either understaffed or poorly trained or they simply consider the amount of fraudulent usage too small to care. The of course there's the question of a hoster and a sub-contractor (who leases its IP space from the hoster). Some hosters will not feel any responsibility for the actions of those sub-hosters. From the outside such constructs are sometimes difficult to see.

Netbenefit and Easily are both part of Group NBT. If I'm looking for the reponsible party of the IP address the fake site is hosted I'm getting this:

Code: Select all
inetnum:        62.128.158.0 - 62.128.158.127
netname:        GROUPNBT-SHARED
descr:          Group NBT plc Shared Hosting
admin-c:        NO204-RIPE
tech-c:         NO204-RIPE
mnt-by:         AS8912-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

role:           Netbenefit Ops
remarks:        Group NBT Infrastructure Team
address:        Group NBT plc
address:        Prospero House
address:        241 Borough High Street
address:        London
address:        SE1 1GA
address:        United Kingdom
phone:          +44 20 7015 9200
fax-no:         +44 20 7015 9201
abuse-mailbox:  abuse@netbenefit.co.uk
admin-c:        ALR8912-RIPE
tech-c:         ALR8912-RIPE
tech-c:         GM10147-RIPE
tech-c:         ESP5-RIPE
tech-c:         SB7380-RIPE
nic-hdl:        NO204-RIPE
mnt-by:         AS8912-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

So naturally my complaint would go to abuse@netbenefit.co.uk. However the WHOIS entry for the fake site gives:

Code: Select all
Registrant:
  Andrew Phillipou (845955)
  1 Proctor Street

London, , WC1V 6PG
  GB

Domain name: atr-solutions-limited.com 

Technical contact:
  Limited, Easily (EL3708)
  Easily Limited
  3rd Floor, Prospero House
  241 Borough High Street
  London, SE1 1GA
  GB
  domain-admin@easily.co.uk
  +44.8704589450 Fax: +44.8704589458

Administrative contact:
  Limited, Easily (EL42865)
  Easily Limited
  3rd Floor, Prospero House
  241 Borough High Street
  London, SE1 1GA
  GB
  +44.8704589450 Fax: +44.8704589458

Reseller contact:
  Easily Limited, Easily Limited (EERES1)
  Easily Limited
  3rdFloor, Prospero House
  241 Borough High Street
  London, null, SE11GA
  GB
  +44.2070159370 Fax:   

Record created:           2011-06-21 09:22:04
Record last updated:      2011-06-21 09:34:08
Record expires:           2013-06-21 09:22:00

Domain servers in listed order:
  dns0.easily.co.uk (DNSEASIL367)
  dns1.easily.co.uk (DNSEASIL199)

So who is really responsible for the site? Where to send the complaint? Here it should obviously not matter much because both netbenefit.co.uk and easily.co.uk are under the same "umbrella" and should -theoretically - in my opinion be able to sort this out on their own...
lightfair
Master

Postby Jackill » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:29 am

Hi again,
Im gonna keep it short and brief this time, as basically its always the same 8)

I have another one on http://www.Marktplaats.nl.
Saab 9-3 1.9 TID Cabrio 2006 Blauw - marktplaats admins contacted by me
Emails sent from: ewtmt5@hotmail.com
Fraudulant web page: http://crosbiemb.comeze.com - lightfair can you have it verified/killed, please?

Email examples:
Thank you for your interest of my car.
The car is still available for 7200 euros and is in great working condition, it has no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, never been involved in any kind of accidents. The car interior is impeccable (I don't smoke). The engine works perfectly, it has no technical or mechanical problems. I can ensure you that the car is full operational. The car has all the revisions made at an authorized service. The wheel tires were bought two months ago and are in the best conditions. This is a Dutch car with Dutch papers and plates numbers and also with all taxes paid. I bought it from Netherlands when I worked there as a dentist in an exchange program. I moved back to United Kingdom and I didn't had time to sell the car before leaving Netherlands, so I'm selling it now. In this moment the car is in Bristol, United Kingdom. I'm also selling it because it's very hard for me to drive it on UK roads. As you may know, the UK cars have the steering wheel on the right side. This is a Dutch car so, the steering wheel is on the left side. If you are interested to buy my car, we will have a safe and smooth transaction for both of us. Please let me know if you're still interested in purchasing my car and I will get back to you to explain how we can finish the transaction.
Regards.
Dr. Nutt Dawn Evelyn

PLEASE CONTACT ME IN ENGLISH!

I told you in my previous e-mail that the car is right now in Bristol, United Kingdom. As I am very busy with my new work contract, I can't come to the Netherlands to sell the car there. I prefer to sell it at a lower price then the market price and close the deal using an escrow company (a company that ensures safety for buyer and seller at the same time).
By dealing with this third party means dealing with a neutral party, a company that verifies if the car is sent and corresponds to what seller agreed with the buyer. I used this service before and will help us do the deal safe and easy. The car was verified by a company trade qualified automotive technician and has passed all the test with no problems.
The car is currently located in their custody. I left it there because I am very busy with my job and I really don't have the necessary time to sell the car. If we understand to close the deal, this company will take care of all the shipping arrangements, including to make the transfer of property onto your name. It will take maximum 3 business days to have the car delivered to Netherlands and the car will come with 10 days return policy (In case the car won't meet your conditions you have the right to return it back without paying any taxes). The escrow company services are very good and it is much easier for me to use this company, because they will take care of all the papers work and I do not need to come to the Netherlands to close the deal in person. They will even make the transfer of the property directly onto your name to the Netherlands consulate from United Kingdom. The car will come with original documents, the shipping company will handle all the details of the transaction and they will deliver you the car at your home address so you do not have to go and pick it up!
The total price for the car including the transport taxes to the Netherlands and also the transfer of the property onto your name is 7200 euros.
If you are agree with my terms, please send me your complete delivery address in order to start the transaction immediately.
Thanks again.
Dr. Nutt Dawn Evelyn

As mentioned in my previous message, the car is located in Bristol, United Kingdom and I intend to ship it from here through an authorized shipping company (an escrow company will work for both of us). I want to handle the delivery and payment of the car through an escrow company because it is very safe and using this type of company will give you the chance to inspect the car before I receive the payment for it. I will explain to you step by step how this will work:
A. First of all and most important, if you agree to close the deal, you will have to send me your shipping information (your full name and address/contact phone number and if available also a fax number).
1. After I receive your shipping information, I will contact the escrow company and make the shipping reservation onto your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver. Then I will go to their office to make the transfer of the property onto your name. The transfer of the property will be done to the Netherlands Consulate by a legal attorney that works for the escrow company and I will support the taxes for making the transfer of property onto your name.
B. You will receive a notification from the escrow company as a confirmation that the car is in their custody, that the car has been inspected and that I have signed for the transfer of the ownership documents to your name.
1. After that, you will have to send the payment to the escrow company. (The escrow company will ask you to send only a deposit amount in advance in order to let the car be shipped/not the entire amount that we are dealing for/and the balance amount will be paid upon car arrival).
2. The escrow company will verify the payment, and if everything is in order, they will start the shipment and the car will be delivered to your door step in maximum 3 business days. The payment is sent to the escrow company and not to me directly. The payment will be forwarded to me only after you receive the car and confirm that you accept it.
3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the escrow company with your decision.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return the car to the escrow company with no expense. (I will support all the returning taxes).
The car will come with 10 days Return Policy (period to inspect the car condition and if by any reason you won't be satisfied, you will be fully refunded within 24 hours).
The name of the Escrow company is Crosbie Mobile and their website is http://crosbiemb.comeze.com
Please take a look at the services they are offering and tell me what's your opinion. If you agree to close the deal then send me your complete delivery address and in maximum 24 hours all arrangements will be done.
Thank you.
Dr. Nutt Dawn Evelyn

I was also given a "home address of the seller" in case i want to go and see the car in person. According to googlemaps it does exist though, i just have my doubts anyone on that address has a clue that they are selling a car :roll: therefore Im not going to post the address here.

Lightfair, easily.co.uk has not really reacted on my email about http://atr-solutions-limited.com/. Do you think you can re-report it?

thx
Jackill
Infant

Postby aws5851 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:50 pm

FFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lopp.maag@hotmail.com
Lopp Maag

http://auto.marktplaats.nl/ford/4617321 ... nd=19&fs=1
aws5851
NewBorn

Postby peg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 pm

as Lightfair points out, some hosters are more cooperative than others. Many have started to include in their terms of service that if a site is listed on escrow-fraud.com or aa419.org that it violates their terms. Only rarely (I mean maybe 3 times since this site has started) have there been a legitimate question about a site listed in our database. 99.98% of the sites listed are Fraud. It's often helpful to mention that the site is listed in our database to the hosters and provide them with the link. Particularly if the site is one of the more frequently used templates (Like Layout2) and provide the hoster with that link too.

Also if you can review their TOS/AUP page, you may be able to find out HOW they may be violating their TOS/AUP and point that out. I also like to indicate that typically these sites are paid for with stolen or fraudulent credit cards and are likely to come back to them any way and that they could be proactive in the situation.

None-the-less, there are always hosters who will still not comply until it actually affects them.

Any way good luck and thanks for your efforts.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackill » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 pm

aaaand i have another one right here http://link.marktplaats.nl/466574225 - Marktplaats was rather fast with deleting this one so the link is dead now...looks like they are starting to like me :lol:

Anyway, same as always:
Emails sent by/from: Lucien Brenton lucien.brenton@live.com, and the text is pretty much repeating all the other posts in this thread:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my car. The price for the car is only 6.400 Euro.

The car is in a very good condition. It has no technical or mechanical problems. No engine problems. It has no scratches or dents, no hidden defects.

This is a Dutch car with Dutch registration papers and dutch plates numbers and also with all taxes paid. I bought it from Netherlands when I worked there as a dentist in an exchange program. I moved back to Spain and didn't had time to sell the car before leaving Netherlands, so I'm selling it now . In this moment the car is in Barcelona, Spain.

If you are interested to buy my car, we will have a safe and smooth transaction for both of us.

Let me know if you're still interested in purchasing my car so I can explain you more about it.

Best regards,

Please contact me in English.

Im currently trying to score a link to the fake web pages.

UPDATE: the webpage can be found here http://bd-global-company.eu.pn/. I must admit that it has a really nice design.
Jackill
Infant

Postby Jackill » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Yup...just found it...seems to be another variation of http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page=gallery&layout=89a
Jackill
Infant

Postby lightfair » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 pm

http://bd-global-company.eu.pn/ has been added to our database and a report has been sent. From my previous experience with eu.pn I believe the site will disappear within a couple of hours or so.
lightfair
Master

Postby Jackill » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello all,
another one.
Audi A6 3.0 TDI 165KW Quattro Tiptr 2006 Grijs most likely will be removed soon.

Emails sent by Dr.Sarah Teager from sarahteager@hotmail.com refering to http://www.eu-etrans.com.

Email examples:
Thank you for your interest of my car.
The car is still available for 6100 euros and is in great working condition, it has no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, never been involved in any kind of accidents. The car interior is impeccable (I don't smoke). The engine works perfectly, it has no technical or mechanical problems. I can ensure you that the car is full operational. The car has all the revisions made at an authorized service. The wheel tires were bought two months ago and are in the best conditions. This is a Dutch car with Dutch papers and plates numbers and also with all taxes paid. I bought it from Netherlands when I worked there as a dentist in an exchange program. I moved back to United Kingdom and I didn't had time to sell the car before leaving Netherlands, so I'm selling it now. In this moment the car is in Bristol, United Kingdom. I'm also selling it because it's very hard for me to drive it on UK roads. As you may know, the UK cars have the steering wheel on the right side. This is a Dutch car so, the steering wheel is on the left side. If you are interested to buy my car, we will have a safe and smooth transaction for both of us. Please let me know if you're still interested in purchasing my car and I will get back to you to explain how we can finish the transaction.
Regards.
Dr. Sarah Teager

PLEASE CONTACT ME IN ENGLISH!

As mentioned in my previous message, the car is located in Bristol, United Kingdom and I intend to ship it from here through an authorized shipping company (an escrow company will work for both of us). I want to handle the delivery and payment of the car through an escrow company because it is very safe and using this type of company will give you the chance to inspect the car before I receive the payment for it. I will explain to you step by step how this will work:
A. First of all and most important, if you agree to close the deal, you will have to send me your shipping information (your full name and address/contact phone number and if available also a fax number).
1. After I receive your shipping information, I will contact the escrow company and make the shipping reservation onto your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver. Then I will go to their office to make the transfer of the property onto your name. The transfer of the property will be done to the Netherlands Consulate by a legal attorney that works for the escrow company and I will support the taxes for making the transfer of property onto your name.
B. You will receive a notification from the escrow company as a confirmation that the car is in their custody, that the car has been inspected and that I have signed for the transfer of the ownership documents to your name.
1. After that, you will have to send the payment to the escrow company. (The escrow company will ask you to send only a deposit amount in advance in order to let the car be shipped/not the entire amount that we are dealing for/and the balance amount will be paid upon car arrival).
2. The escrow company will verify the payment, and if everything is in order, they will start the shipment and the car will be delivered to your door step in maximum 3 business days. The payment is sent to the escrow company and not to me directly. The payment will be forwarded to me only after you receive the car and confirm that you accept it.
3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the escrow company with your decision.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return the car to the escrow company with no expense. (I will support all the returning taxes).
The car will come with 10 days Return Policy (period to inspect the car condition and if by any reason you won't be satisfied, you will be fully refunded within 24 hours).
The name of the Escrow company is Expert Transport Ltd. and their website is http://www.eu-etrans.com
Please take a look at the services they are offering and tell me what's your opinion. If you agree to close the deal then send me your complete delivery address and in maximum 24 hours all arrangements will be done.
Thank you.
Dr. Sarah Teager

I mean...cmon...would you believe a dentist? 8)
Jackill
Infant

PreviousNext

Return to Escrow Fraud