Scam advertisement on Marktplaats.nl

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Scam advertisement on Marktplaats.nl

Postby Jackill » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello,
im sorry if im posting this into wrong section and if there may be some irregularities in the way im posting this. Feel free to edit/move. :oops:

Yesterday i have noticed a suspiciously cheap vehicle on Marktplaats.nl, famous Dutch advertising server.
The advertisement can be seen here
It offers Mercedes E-Klasse 3.0 CDI E280 Sedan AUT 2006 Grijs, with not even 70.000 kms for 6.600€.
FYI: 2005-2006 E-class Mercedeses with way higher mileage (200k-300k km) start at around 15.000 €. Comparable ones (same year of manufacturing, similar mileage) start around at least 25.000€.

Similar to many other scam-warnings on this forum (by the way EXCELENT forum!), after contacting the seller, you receive a long, moving, story about someone buying the car in the Netherlands, but having to leave back to the home town (in this case Liverpool, UK), yet being easily able to send you the car via "reliable" transport company: http://www.auto-edelivery.com

Of course that is going to happen only by depositing 50% of the total amount by the transport company - how else - upfront. (see details below).

Examples of email conversations, sent from sarahteager@hotmail.com
Hi,

The car is in good condition, NEVER been in accidents, no technical problems, no hidden defects. The car is still registered in Netherlands (dutch car with dutch registration papers). I have worked in Netherlands for the last year and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Liverpool, England. I've brought the car home with me and it's now located in Liverpool, England.
The car is already deposited at Auto Expert Delivery Ltd. and here you have their website: http://www.auto-edelivery.com (United Kingdom transport company). I've already paid this company to take care about the transaction. The company can deliver the car directly to your address. I WILL PAY THE TRANSPORT TAXES. You will have 5 to 10 days for inspection so you can make sure the car is in perfect condition.
If you are still interested to buy it let me know.
Please contact me in english.

Thank you,
Sarah

and:
Hi again,

The total price with transport included to your address is 6.600 euro. No other taxes. For this transaction we will use Auto Expert Delivery Ltd. as shipping company. You will have 5 to 10 days for inspection and test. The car is already deposited at Auto Expert Delivery Ltd. and ready for shipping.
To be a 100% secure transaction for buyer and seller, you will have to make a 50% deposit ( 3.300 euro ) at Auto Expert Delivery Ltd. The Company will HOLD the money until you receive and inspect the car.
After the inspection is done you will have to confirm at the shipping company if you will keep the car or not. In case you don't want the car, Auto Expert Delivery Ltd. will return your deposit back. If you like the car they will send me the money. Also along with the car will come all the car papers and the bill of sale.

If you are ready to start the transaction let me know so I can give you more information.

Thank you,
Sarah

Naturally, no reactions on questions like: "Why is the car so cheap?" and "Can I fly over to Liverpool and see/pick up the car personally?"

So, what do you think? Shall I get a fancy ride for a reasonable price? 8)
Jackill
Infant

Re: Scam advertisement on Marktplaats.nl

Postby lightfair » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Does this look familiar?

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=246

Yes, of course it's a scam.
lightfair
Master

Postby Jackill » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Can the site be taken down ?
Jackill
Infant

Postby lightfair » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Jackill wrote:Can the site be taken down ?

I'm working on it.
lightfair
Master

Postby Jackill » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:44 am

Hello again,
I have another one on Marktplaats.nl so beware!
This time it advertises Bmw X3 2.0D exe ecc dvd leder navi. Original advertisement can be (still) seen here. I am about to contact Marktplaats.nl admins to have it removed.

The story is pretty much the same bullsh*t as always, asking you to pay upfront, blahblahblah, everything perfectly legal and secured via fictive escrow company.
The emails were sent in supposedly "not too bad" dutch (i had to consult that with a friend as im not dutch so i wouldnt know how good the grammar is) from email address: julie.wiggelaar02@hotmail.com

The webpage of the fraudant escrow company is : http://atr-solutions-limited.com/. It took them a while to share that with me :) Lightfair, please pick it up from here.

Examples of email conversations:
hi,

Mijn auto: BMW X3 2.0D EXE-ecc dvd leder navi is nog steeds te koop voor 7.200 euro
Deze auto is in uitstekende staat en is nooit betrokken bij ongevallen. Ik heb nooit problemen gehad met de motor. De auto wordt geleverd met een full service history. Ik ben een particuliere verkoper, en al het onderhoud werd gedaan bij een erkende dienst.
De auto is geregistreerd in Nederland en ik hebben betaald alle belastingen en servicekosten.

Er zijn geen zichtbare krassen. Ik wil mijn auto te houden in uitstekende conditie, dus ik denk niet dat je iets mis mee is te vinden.

Laat het me weten als je meer informatie over deze auto.

groet,

Hi,

Mijn auto heeft geen hypotheek of lening op.
Al het onderhoud werd gedaan alleen op de BMW-vertegenwoordiger in The Netherlans.
De verf is in perfecte staat en er zijn geen zichtbare krassen.
Deze auto heeft nu slechts 69.993 km aan boord.

Hier is een lijst van alle auto-accessoires: BMW X3 2.0D EXE ECC DVD LEDER NAVI LMV IN Nieuwstraat /Anti Blokkeer Systeem, Airbag bestuurder, Airbag passagier, Airconditioning, Airbags achter, Stuurbekrachtiging, Mistlampen voor, CD-Wisselaar, Radio/CD speler, In hoogte verstelbaar stuur, Automatisch dimmende binnenspiegel, Ruitenwisser achter, Derde remlicht, Elektrisch verstelbare buitenspiegels, Boordcomputer, Achterbank neerklapbaar (ongelijke delen), Cruise control, Lichtmetalen wielen, Centrale deurvergrendeling afstandbediend, Startonderbreking, Climate control, Anti-slipregeling, Navigatiesysteem, Bumpers in carrosseriekleur, Getint glas, Hoofdsteunen achter, Metallic lak, Traction control, Elektrisch bedienbare ramen voor en achter, Middenarmsteun, Stoelverwarming, Buitentemperatuurmeter, Vierwielaandrijving, Regensensor, Koplampsproeiers, Radio, Radiovoorbereiding, Buitenspiegels in carrosseriekleur, Lederen stuurwiel, Voorspoiler, Dakrail, Bagage afdekhoes, Gordijnairbags voor, Gordijnairbags achter, Zij-airbags voor, Alarmsysteem SCM goedgekeurd, Elektrisch verstelbare bestuurdersstoel met geheugen, Parkeersensoren achter, Middenarmsteun achter, Elektrisch verstelbare stoelen, Koplampen in hoogte verstelbaar, Stootstrips zijkant, Axiaal verstelbaar stuur, Ruimtebesparend reservewiel, Roetfilter.

De auto heeft alle betaalde belastingen in Nederland, dus u hoeft zich geen zorgen over.

Ik heb alle betaalde belastingen in Nederland, dus dat betekent je moet niets te betalen wanneer u de auto te registreren onder uw naam.

Deze auto is te koop voor maar 7.200 euro omdat ik onlangs verhuisd terug met mijn familie naar mijn oorspronkelijke land Spanje na 2 jaar van het werken in Nederland. Ik heb geprobeerd om de auto hier in Spanje te verkopen, maar kopers willen niet te kopen omdat er nog steeds is ingeschreven in Nederland.

Ik heb gesproken met een agent van mijn stad, en hij zei dat ik niet heb om weer in Nederland aan deze overeenkomst sluiten in persoon, want er zijn tal van escrow bedrijven die dit soort transacties kunnen verwerken. Dus ik heb gedaan een beetje onderzoek en ik vond een lokaal escrow-bedrijf.
Nu is mijn auto in beslag genomen door de escrow-bedrijf nadat ik hebben een koopovereenkomst met hen. Het beste deel is dat ze zullen zorgen voor het transport, betaling en autoverzekering. Levertijden zal ongeveer 3-4 dagen, en de auto zal worden geleverd aan uw huisadres.

Als we deze escrow bedrijf heb je 7 dagen om de auto te testen voordat u een definitieve beslissing te nemen.
Je hebt ook de mogelijkheid om te komen in Puertollano, Ciudad Real op deze bestanden, en ophalen van uw auto als u contant geld.

Voor meer informatie over deze transactie, dan kunt u altijd contact met mij op.

Dus laat het me weten als je nog steeds geïnteresseerd in het kopen mijn auto.

Groet,

Hi,

De auto is al in de bewaring van de escrow-bedrijf op hun voorraad in Puertollano, Ciudad Real.
Ik heb al een contract getekend met dat escrow-bedrijf. Zij zullen zorgen voor het transport, betaling en verzekering uit de auto. Dit bedrijf zal zich bezighouden met alle retail houders in deze transactie, en zij zal u de auto bij u thuis adres.

Ik heb al betaald 400 euro voor de verzendkosten.

Dus ik zal suport alle verzendkosten en de uiteindelijke prijs voor de auto afgeleverd op uw deur in Nederland zal niet meer dan 7.200 EUR. Deze prijs is inclusief alle verzendkosten en verzekeringskosten.

Dit omvat de volgende zes stappen:

1). U stuurt mij uw volledige naam, adres en telefoon / faxnummer.
2) Daarna zal ik contact opnemen met het bedrijf en geef ze uw informatie. Zij zullen gaan als een overeenkomst voor de verkoop en de wil om u te sturen voor de goedkeuringen en ook een tracking nummer, zodat u kunt de status van het voertuig op elk moment.
3). Wanneer zij zullen u op de hoogte dat de scheepvaart is begonnen, moet u een waarborgsom te betalen aan het bedrijf via een bankoverschrijving (Deze betaalmethode is verzekerd, en in geval van eventuele problemen alle betalingen zullen worden terugbetaald door het bedrijf).
4) Na de Escrow bedrijf de betaling valideert, zullen ze het geld houden hun bankrekening totdat u krijgt en accepteer de auto.
5) In 4-5 dagen de auto arriveert aan jou. U heeft dan 7 dagen om de auto te inspecteren, daarna als u akkoord gaat met alles, je zult het papierwerk te doen. (In deze periode kunt u naar een dealer of een dealer om te testen auto).
6) Als u akkoord met de auto, moet u bevestigen dat aan mij en voor de scheepvaart bedrijf in max. 7 dagen. (Als de auto niet wordt geaccepteerd krijgt u een volledig hervonden van rederij te krijgen) Een agent zal worden in Nederland met de auto, en zal u helpen doen al het papierwerk van de transactie. Als de auto heeft geen verborgen schade, of het is niet zoals ik beschrijven, kun je verwerpen. Dit bepaalt het bedrijf om een ​​volledig hervonden te maken op uw bankrekening, en wordt gedwongen om de auto terug schip in de Spanje op mijn eigen kosten.

Mijn auto was getest bij een delership voordat het ging in de bewaring van de escrow-bedrijf, dus alles zou ok moeten zijn.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Het bedrijf heb ik besloten gebruik te maken voor deze transactie si ATR Freight Solutions Limited (http://atr-solutions-limited.com/), als je het eens met alles zoals ik u gezegd heb, alles wat ik nodig hebt is je volledige naam , adres en telefoonnummer, ik zal doorsturen naar de onderneming en zij nemen contact met u op om het proces te starten.

I have seen couple more really suspicious advertisements, so im going to get in touch with the "sellers".
I will definitely keep you posted on the results.
Jackill
Infant

Postby Jackill » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:12 am

One more thing:
Reading around that most of the frauds are originating from Romania made me think of contacting a good friend of mine, who is Romanian and asked him for a decent way of telling someone what you think:

I am not going to place the translation here, thats for everyone to find out. But feel free to use where appropriate:

Text removed due to very offensive content

I will leave it up to moderator if he wants to keep this post here or delete.
Last edited by Jackill on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackill
Infant

Postby peg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Well the translation is none the flattering. Certainly I would caution anyone, before sending such a threat to anyone (Romanian or otherwise) that you should consider it carefully prior to doing so.

Although I doubt many would go out of their way to "Hunt you down" from Romania after such a threat, it's still a possibility. Given that these folks are criminals (and quite extensive ones) and associated with various Mafia/Mobs, there reach could just as easily reach to your neighborhood as well. If you are not careful about where you live or what you do, you could find yourself a bigger target.

So do what you will, just please, PLEASE, make sure you understand the potential implications of what you do. That's not only true about things posted on this site, but in life in general. Don't let first impulses get the best of you.

Good luck in whatever people decide to do.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackill » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Certainly agree with you Peg...im editing the post just to be on the "safe side". It is probably not wise to keep it in here. I appologise.
Anyway, did you have a chance to take a look at the web site? Can it be taken down?
Jackill
Infant

Postby peg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 pm

I have added the site to our database, but due to other issues with the site recently, I have been dedicating my efforts to resolving those issues. (Our site upload page, moving the site from one server to the next, only to have to move it again.) So the short answer is I have not done anything to remove it.

You can, however, contact the hoster of the site, identify your concerns. Reference this site if needed (and our database) as additional evidence and ask them to remove/suspend the site. My only real caution there is to consider using an Alias in your communications with them, as some of the hosts will send your "Complaints" to the actual scammers so that they (the scammers) can "Address" your concerns. That's because some of the hosters are afraid of a law suit. Others however have no issue. So much so that many hosters have actually added in the Terms of service that if a site is listed in our database, they can be removed as a violation of their terms of service.

Just do a google search for:
"Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)" Including the Quotes.

Anyway thanks for all the help
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackill » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Hello Peg,
according to whois the page is hosted by easily.co.uk so i got in touch with the domain-admin indicating the concern.
They havent gotten back to me but hopefully they will kill the page soon.
Jackill
Infant

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud