cheap car scam

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

cheap car scam

Postby magarac » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:45 am

I ran into the cheap car online(carsguide) which had no contact phone but the email worked fine, after reading some of the posts here I found exactly the same car for sale in different price range on a different website( carsales) which was more realistically priced and genuine as i actually contacted the seller who lives in Adelaide not in UK as scamer claims. I decided to stay in contact with scamer just to find out more regarding the fake escrow site, she wants me to deposit the money to the representative of Vehicle Purchase Protection Program using Western Union, and then to email VPPP on vppp@conusltant.com with transaction details.

Scamer deatils (veora@live.com)
Name: Veronica Burton
Address: 25 Queen Rd.
City/State/Zip: Leeds / LS14-1EE

VPPP rep details (vppp@conusltant.com)
Name: Mark Smith
Address: 33 East Rd.
City/Zip: London / W12-7GF

Actual emails below:

Hi Zarko,

The escrow emailed me earlier , they should of emailed you also by now. Also, i have a favor to ask you. Since we meet on Tuesday , can you please complete the downpayment on Monday morning so i can have time also to confirm my flight plans and also let you know the exact time of my arrival !
Thank you and looking forward to meeting you!
Veronica.

To: veora@live.com
Subject: RE: 2004 TOYOTA COROLLA Photos and Info
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 01:07:51 +1100

Hi Veronica,

My address is 33 Pushiga Street, 5000 Adelaide, and you know my name. Is the car parked near international or domestic airport, or is it Pooraka airport? Have you heard from the escrow company yet?

Zarko

To: pulestar@live.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:19:42 +0000

Hi Zarko,

Thanks for understanding. I applied for an escrow membership and i am still awaiting their reply, meanwhile I would need your full name and address for me to inform them to contact you also with more details.
The car is garaged near the airport so we could meet somewhere near. Any advice ?
Thank you !
Veronica.

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:52:36 +1100

Hi Veronica,

I am willing to deposit the money, as I said to you that I am a genuine buyer,and it is the good deal for the car. You said that you can be here on Tuesday,are you landing in Pooraka airport?Where is the car garaged and what time can we meet there, I am available any time as that is my RDO. Which escrow company did you have in mind?

Zarko
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:40:40 +0000

Hi Zarko,

I can meet you Tuesday, just let me know when so i can make proper arrangements. My only request is that you make a $1,500 downpayment for the car before I get there. I need a guarantee that i won't loose my time. The first person that will make the deposit will have the car reserved in his/her name.
The car is as described, in excellent condition and has a clear title. It is a very reliable car, runs like new and you won't have any problems with it as long as you maintain it properly. I don't have any objection regarding a mechanical inspection. I have all the log books of the car and of course, the car has air conditioning. The tires have arround 15,000 km.
Email me if you feel comfortable about this and i will send you more details.
Thank you,
Veronica.
P.S: We will use an Escrow company for the downpayment, so it is 100% refundable if you won't like the car or if it fails the mechanical test.

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:45:20 +1100

Hi Veronica,

I have couple of questions regarding the car,is there air conditioning in the car and also are the tires in good condition. Do you have any service books for the car. I am serious about buying the car, providing that the car is in the condition you say it is. When do you think that you can come to Adelaide?

Kind Regards

Zarko

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:49:48 +0000

Hi Zarko,

We just moved into a new house and we didn't get a phone line installed yet, email works just fine with me. So please feel free to email me if you have any questions regarding the car.
We stayed only for a short time in Adelaide, so i didn't really had someone to trust the car with and i had to garage it. I am sorry but i am the only one who has access to it.
Travelling is not a problem because I work for an Airline. I just want to be sure that you are serious about buying the car before i start making arrangements. $5,000 is ok with me because i want to sell it fast. But not less than this !
Thanks,
Veronica.

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:32:43 +1100

Hi Veronica, I am interested in your car, and I am willing to offer $5000 for it.

Regards

Subject: 2004 TOYOTA COROLLA Photos and Info
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:47:23 +0000

2004 TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE122R ASCENT

Kilometres 73,330
Exterior Colour White
Interior Colour Beige
Transmission 4 speed Automatic
Body 4 door 5 seat SEDAN
Drive Type Front
Engine 4 cylinder Unleaded Multi-point injected 1.8L (1794cc)
Reg Plate XGP 842
Reg Expiry 6-2011
Road Worthy Certificate YES

Vehicle Features:

4 Speaker Stereo
Headrests - Integrated 2Nd Row
Adjustable Steering Col. - Tilt Only
Intermittent Wipers - Variable
Airbag - Driver Mudflaps - Front
Body Colour - Bumpers
Mudflaps - Rear
Body Side Mouldings