Escrow from Lausanne

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Escrow from Lausanne

Postby oyo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi,
I have received the same mail than in this thread : http://forum.escrow-fraud.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1746
(I respond to an announcement website in switzerland)
Thanks to this site, I will not send the money...

FIRST MAIL from Franco Arzu arzu.f@gmx.ch
    Good day,
    I am Franco Arzu and I just received an email of interest in my 2 room apartment located in
    68 Avenue d'Echallens. I am a spanish researcher working for a pharmaceutical company and this
    apartment was bought while working here in Switzerland on a 5 year contract, as I thought it would be
    a better investment than renting. I the only owner of the apartment, it is paid in full and it has no
    legal problems . The apartment has not been inhabited since I am no longer living in Lausanne.
    I wish to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible people and in order to do that I
    have to know a some details about you, like how many persons are you planning to live in the
    apartment, for ho long, if you have a steady income, etc. I must tell you from the beginning that I
    do not have a problem if you are a student and I am very fond of pets and willing to accept them in
    the apartment(I am the proud owner of an english bulldog). You should also know that I appreciate
    sincerity very much.
    In addition to everything else here is a little something about the apartment and myself so
    we can get to know each other.
    The apartment is the one in the pictures from the advertisment, but as the last tenants had
    their own furniture it was moved into my private storage found in the basement of the building.If you
    don't have furniture I can take it back to the apartment with no extra costs for you.
    The rent for 1 month is 1100 Chf (for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water,
    electricity, Internet, cable). You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract) but
    not less than 4 months.
    About myself, I am 56 years old and as I told you I am a researcher in pharmaceutical
    products, currently living in Valencia, my home town .
    You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only issue is
    that I am already in Spain but I hope that together we are going to find a solution.
    I appreciate your interest in my property and I am looking forward to a future collaboration and
    friendship.
    Best regards,
    Franco

SECOND
    Hi,
    Thank you for responding within the shortest of time and for your willingness to rent the apartment. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will fall in love with the place. You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems .
    Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. As the furniture was removed from the apartment I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
    The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Moneybookers Escrow Account to make sure that we can trust each other.
    I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.
    Thank you,
    Franco

THIRD
    Hi again,

Using the Moneybookers escrow blocked account, the viewing procedure involves three parties: me as the owner, you as the prospective tenant and Moneybookers as a licensed third party responsible for the good development of the transaction.
    The Moneybookers Escrow Blocked account is just like the blocked account where you pay the damage deposit when you rent an apartment except that instead of a bank we will use Moneybookers. Of course, nobody can touch this money until you return the keys.
    The deposit, which is equal to the first month of rent must be paid for the activation of the Blocked Account through bank to bank transfer.
    The delivery for the package will be made using an authorized courier such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and the package will be sent by Moneybookers to your home address .
    You must know that in case the keys in the package will not correspond to the apartment keys you will receive three times the value of the security deposit from Moneybookers out of my Security Deposit fund that I have with Moneybookers .
    To start the procedure I will need the following information from you :
    -Shipping address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and the name of the receiver
    -Arrival Schedule (when you will be home to receive the package and sign for the receipt)
    -Telephone number in case of any emergencies .
    You will have 14 days to inspect the apartment since the arrival date.
    If decide to keep the apartment I will set up the open ended (3 month notice) contract from here with your information, I will sign it and I will send it to you. You will also have to sign it and send it back to me .
    -If you do not keep the apartment, you give the keys/contract back to moneybookers and you will collect the security deposit. This will be in writing in the moneybookers contract I will sign.
    The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when i will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the bank transfer fees when you will have to make the deposit in the designetated blocked bank account.
    I will wait your reply as soon as possible and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your daytime phone number and I will handle the moneybookers transaction.

Thank you again for your time and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Franco

It must be some scam....
Thx
oyo
NewBorn

Re: Escrow from Lausanne

Postby peg » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:11 pm

So glad that you did not fall for the scam especially if it's due to our site.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Escrow from Lausanne

Postby rednarb11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 am

I received exacly the same emails regarding an appartment I found on the Danish site Den Blå Avis (dba.dk). Email address gabriel.atkins@outlook.com , name GABRIEL ATKINS

Email 1 (received 21.04.13):
Good day,
I am Gabriel Atkins and I received an email of interest in my flat located in Nordre Frihavnsgade, 2100 København Ø. I am an British photojournalist and this apartment was bought while working there in Copenhagen on a 2 year contract, as I thought it would be a better investment than renting.
I wish to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible people and in order to do that I have to know a some details about you, like how many persons are you planning to live in the apartment, for how long, if you have a steady income, etc. I must tell you from the beginning that, I am very fond of pets and willing to accept them in the apartment(I am the proud owner of an english bulldog).
The apartment is the one in the pictures. The rent for 1 month is 6600 kr including all utilities. For the 1st month will be added a deposit of 13400 kr, so a total of 20000 kr must be paid for the first month. You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract) but not less than 2 months.
Now I'm in London, my home town and because I'm unable to travel there and I want to use the services of a company that can send someone in Copenhagen for you to see the apartment and to sign all the papers.
If you find this suitable, don't hesitate and get back to me and I will fill you in with more information regarding how we can move forward.
Best regards

Email 2 (received 22.04.2013):
Hi,
Thank you for your timely response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems.
Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using an Escrow Account from ebay (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/accept ... tml#escrow), to make sure that we can trust each other.
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.
Thank you
rednarb11
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud