Fraud.

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Fraud.

Postby berglind89 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Just wanted to let u guys know about this one which i nearly fell for.
Mails as follow:

)My name is Angela Detter and this is a reponse to your email showing your interest in my 2 room
apartment located in 14 Poppelgade, 2200, Copenhagen. I am a researcher working for a pharmaceutical
company and this apartment was bought while working here in Denmark on a 5 year contract, as I thought it
would be a better investment than renting. I the only owner of the apartment, it is paid in full and it
has no legal problems . The apartment has not been inhabited since I am no longer living in Copenhagen.
What I want is to rent the apartment to nice and responsible people and in order to do that I
would like to know a some details about you, like how many persons do you intend to live in the
apartment, if you have a steady income, etc. I have to tell you from the beginning that I do not have a
problem if you are a student and I do not have a problem with pets (I am the proud owner of a french
bulldog). You shoud also know that I appreciate sincerity very much.
In addition to everything else here is a little something about the apartment and myself so we
can get to know each other.
The apartment is the one in the pictures from the advertisment, but as the last tenants had thier
own furniture it was moved into my private storage found in the basement of the building.If you don't
have furniture I can take it back to the apartment with no extra costs for you.
The rent for 1 month is 5400 DKK (for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water,
electricity, Internet, cable, parking). You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract).
About myself, I am 56 years old and as I told you I am a researcher in pharmaceutical products,
currently living in Liverpool, my home town .
You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only issue is that I
am already in United Kingdom but I hope that together we will find a solution.
Thank you for your interest and I looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship.
Best regards,

Angela Detter

2)
I was pleased to read your reply and thank you for your willingness to rent the apartment. If you
are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will fall in love with the place.
Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you
cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. As the furniture was removed from the apartment I am
willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me),
will be made through an authorized courier and using a Moneybookers Escrow Account to make sure that we
can trust each other.
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this
message because I really need to take care of this matter.
Thank you,

Angela

3)
Using the Moneybookers escrow blocked account, the viewing procedure involves three parties: me as the owner, you as the prospective tenant and Moneybookers as a licensed third party responsible for good development of the transaction.
The Moneybookers Escrow Blocked account is just like the blocked account where you pay the damage deposit when you rent an apartment except that instead of a bank we will use Moneybookers. Of course, nobody can touch this money until you return the keys .
The deposit, which is equal to the first month of rent must be paid for the activation of the Blocked Account .
The delivery for the package will be made using an authorized courier such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and the package will be sent by Moneybookers to your home address .
You must know that in case the keys in the package will not correspond to the apartment keys you will receive three times the value of the security deposit from Moneybookers out of my Security Deposit fund that I have with Moneybookers .
To start the procedure I will need the following information from you :
-Shipping address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and the name of the receiver
-Arrival Schedule (when you will be home to receive the package and sign for the receipt)
-Telephone number in case of any emergencies .
You will have 14 days to inspect the apartment since the arrival date.
If decide to keep the apartment I will set up the open ended (3 month notice) contract from here with your information, I will sign it and I will send it to you. You will also have to sign it and send it back to me .
-If you do not keep the apartment, you give the keys/contract back to moneybookers and you will collect the security deposit .This will be in writing in the moneybookers contract I will sign.
The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when i will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you will have to pay the moneybookers agent.
I will wait your reply as soon as possible and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your daytime phone number and I will handle the moneybookers transaction.

Thank you again for your time and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Angela

4)
I have sent your information to Moneybookers and I received the confirmation from them .
The courier will be DHL and the package will be delivered at your home . Of course , you will receive a call 2 hours ahead to see if you are home to receive the package .
One more thing. In the package there are 2 keys : a large keys with platic cover for the door and a remote for the alarm .
The remote has 2 buttons (on/off) so before you insert the keys please press off to de-activate the alarm because if you insert the key before you will activate the alarm .
And please make sure that you don't leave anything on like gas , water , etc ..I want you to treat the flat like your own home .
I will not bother you with anything for the entire duration of your stay as long as you pay the rent in time .
All this of course if you like the apartment :)
The information regarding the Moneybookers account will be sent to you by Moneybookers after the account will be created . Just check your e-mail.

All that you have to do is follow the instructions from the invoice and we will not have any problems . It is very simple don't worry .

Regards,
Angela

5)
I will forwawrd the new data to moneybookers. Let me know as soon as everything is done. Right now I have bad cell phone reception and limited access to Internet. I will be arriving back to Liverpool on Monday evening.

Have a nice evening,

Angela

I asked for her number and she never gave it to me. I nearly fell for this one so be careful peeeps!

email: angelad@live.dk
moneybookers mail: invoice@payments-moneybookers.com

First Name: Angela
Last Name: Detter
Address: 109 Old Hall Street
City: Liverpool
Zip Code: L3 9BD

agent:
Name: Adrian Barrington
Street: 26 Kingsway
City: Liverpool
Zip Code: L22 4RQ