Fraud to rent a flat in Morges

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Fraud to rent a flat in Morges

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi,

I think I have been frauded. And I do not know if there is something to do.

Here the text of the email:

HELLO ,
THIS IS THE RENTAL AGREEMENT FORM WHICH I WILL ADVICE YOU TO READ VERY WELL BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT WILL CONSTITUTE THE BASIS FOR OUR CONTRACT.

AFTER READING THIS AND YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THEN YOU CAN PROCEED WITH THE PAYMENT WHICH MUST BE RECEIVE BY MY MOTHER IN LONDON,SO THAT I CAN SECURE THE PLACE FOR YOU TILL YOUR ARRIVAL DATE, BECAUSE I HAVE MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT THIS PLACE ALSO,BUT I PREFER THE MOST SERIOUS PERSON WHO PAYS ME FIRST.YOU NEED TO PAY THE SUM OF 800 EUROS TO MY MOTHER,SINCE YOU'RE RENTING ONE BEDROOM,I HAVE SCAN A COPY OF MY PASSPORT TO YOU JUST FOR YOU TO BE SURE THAT YOU'RE DEALING WITH THE RIGHT PERSON.

PLEASE MAKE PAYMENT AVAILABLE TO MY MOM IN LONDON THROUGH HER BELOW INFORMATION NOT LATER THAN 24HRS AFTER YOU RECEIVED THIS AGREEMENT FORM VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

VICTORIA SIMONS,
65,SALMON STREET
KINGSBURY LONDON NW9 8ND
UNITED KINGDOM

LET ME HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AFTER SENDING THE PAYMENT:

1.MTCN NUMBER,

2.EXACT AMOUNT SENT IN EUROS OR GBP,

3.SENDER NAME AND ADDRESS

LET ME HEAR FROM YOU ASAP AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON

BEST REGARDS

SIMONS JILL

The email used is: jillsimons21@hotmail.com

Regards,
Alex
NewBorn

Re: Fraud to rent a flat in Morges

Postby lightfair » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Hello,

if you've already paid the money try to block the transfer; if it has already been cashed make Western Union aware that the person having done this is a scammer (so that they may put out an alert for subsequent tries). You need to file a report with the local police station; amke them aware that this is an ongoing large-scale scam operating most likely out of Romania.
lightfair
Master

Postby carla54 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:45 pm

They tried to do the same to me!!! I was looking for an apartament in Maastricht so they contacted me and after some mails, they sent me the same message. They even sent me a copy of the passport of Jill Helena Hubertina Maria Simons and her picture!!!!

Thanks to your post I could find out that it was a fraud.

I think something should be done about this...

HELLO ,
THIS IS THE RENTAL AGREEMENT FORM WHICH I WILL ADVICE YOU TO READ VERY WELL BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT WILL CONSTITUTE THE BASIS FOR OUR CONTRACT.

AFTER READING THIS AND YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THEN YOU CAN PROCEED WITH THE PAYMENT WHICH MUST BE RECEIVE BY MY MOTHER IN LONDON,SO THAT I CAN SECURE THE PLACE FOR YOU TILL YOUR ARRIVAL DATE, BECAUSE I HAVE MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT THIS PLACE ALSO,BUT I PREFER THE MOST SERIOUS PERSON WHO PAYS ME FIRST.YOU NEED TO PAY THE SUM OF 800 EUROS TO MY MOTHER,SINCE YOU'RE RENTING ONE BEDROOM,I HAVE SCAN A COPY OF MY PASSPORT TO YOU JUST FOR YOU TO BE SURE THAT YOU'RE DEALING WITH THE RIGHT PERSON.

PLEASE MAKE PAYMENT AVAILABLE TO MY MOM IN LONDON THROUGH HER BELOW INFORMATION NOT LATER THAN 24HRS AFTER YOU RECEIVED THIS AGREEMENT FORM VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

VICTORIA SIMONS,
65,SALMON STREET
KINGSBURY LONDON NW9 8ND
UNITED KINGDOM

LET ME HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AFTER SENDING THE PAYMENT:

1.MTCN NUMBER,

2.EXACT AMOUNT SENT IN EUROS OR GBP,

3.SENDER NAME AND ADDRESS

BEST REGARDS

SIMONS MARIA
carla54
NewBorn

Fraud to rent a room in Amsterdam

Postby didemsamur » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Hello,
They tried to do the same to me. When I was looking for a room in the Amsterdam. I saw the room in the rental webside.I sent the email through with this website ,they contacted to me with email , they sent the same message . They even sent to me a copy of the passport of Jill Helena Hubertina Maria Engelhard and her picture.

Thank you very much to your post I could find out that it was a fraud.

the Mail as below

"However If you really have interest in renting the apt just let me have your

FULL NAME,
YOUR EXACT ARRIVAL DATE,
YOUR DEPARTURE DATE,
YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS
A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT ID OR YOUR PICS,

So that i can quickly instruct our family lawyer to prepare the tenant agreement form for you, to see the terms and condition of the contract and if you are okay with the terms and condition then you can proceed with the one month rent and the security deposit to my mother in london via western union money transfer so that the apartment can be reserve for you till your arrival date so i want you to follow this instruction because there are alot of people that also have interest in renting the room,but my mother prefer the most serious person

The signed agreement form will be send to you first through attached mail.for you to read and understand,after which you will proceed with the payment ,i'll now send you the original copy through a registered courier to your address for you to bring along with you when moving in and you will be more than happy when you get to the apartment"
didemsamur
NewBorn

Postby MissMckenzie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:20 pm

HELLO VIANNA, THIS IS THE RENTAL AGREEMENT FORM WHICH I WANT YOU TO READ BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT WILL
CONSTITUTE THE BASIS FOR OUR CONTRACT.

AFTER READING THIS LEASE CONTRACT AGREEMENT THEN YOU CAN PROCEED WITH THE PAYMENT WHICH MUST BE RECEIVE BY MY MOTHER SECRETARY IN SPAIN SO THAT I CAN SECURE THE PLACE FOR YOU TILL YOUR ARRIVAL DATE, BECAUSE I HAVE MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT THIS PLACE ALSO,BUT MY MOTHER PREFER THE MOST SERIOUS PERSON WHO PAYS FIRST.YOU NEED TO PAY THE SUM OF 854 EURO TO MY MOTHER SECRETARY SINCE YOU ARE RENTING APARTMENT ,I WANT YOU TO PRINT THE LAST PAGE OF THE AGREEMENT OUT AND SIGN WHERE YOUR NAME IS AND AFTER YOU DONE THAT YOU WILL SEND THE SIGN PAGE TO ME WITH PAYMENT INFORMATION THROUGH ATTACHED MAIL SO THAT THE ROOM CAN BE 100% SECURE AND RESERVE FOR YOU ON TILL YOUR ARRIVAL DATE.

PLEASE MAKE PAYMENT AVAILABLE TO MY MOTHER SECRETARY BANK ACCOUNT BELOW THROUGH THE BELOW INFORMATION NOT LATER THAN 24HRS AFTER YOU RECEIVED THIS AGREEMENT FORM TRANSFER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFO:

NAME OF BANK....BANCO MARE NOSTRUM. SPAIN
BANK ADDRESS...PZA.ALEJO MOLINA, 8 30580.ALQUERIAS ..MURCIA SPAIN
ACCOUNT NAME...JUAN PEDRO HIDALGO LOPEZ
ACCOUNT NUMBER........ 04870048719007011331
IBAN....ES1304870048719007011331
SWIFT....GBMNESMMXXX

GET BACK TO ME WITH ATTACHED COPY OF THE TRANSFER RECEIPT

THE 646 POUND IS FOR ONE MONTH RENT AND THE SECURITY DEPOSIT

BEST REGARDS

MARIA

WHAT THE HELL ISGIING ON

it's a very good thing I never sent any money and got advice off my mother in law
Who told me this seems too good but I'm very frustrated and not happy about people like this trying to scam me
We need to report this please
MissMckenzie
NewBorn

Postby Seppi1986 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi to all,

has anybody reportet this cases to the police?
If yes, can you tell me what happend or what was the result.

I'm living in Innsbruck/Austria and i think the same person has stolen me 2100 Euro by offering a flat, that doesn't exist.

It would be great, if you can help me!

With best regards!!!
Seppi1986
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:42 am

Usually very little comes out of this. If the payment was done by Western Union or Moneygram it's practically not traceable; if it was done to a bank account the police will likely find out that this was either a money mule (which then sent the money himself with Western Union to the scammer) or that the account was opened using a fake ID.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud