Amex Couriers fraud ?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Amex Couriers fraud ?

Postby brin1974 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:17 pm

She/He's still at it using the name heather Dun and the email address: heatherliteon@hotmail.com. Advertising on leboncoin.fr here in France, Apple computers and now using http://www.anglo-shipping.eu as the fake escrow courier. For all to see here are the standard emails they send out:

1st email

Hi,
My name is Heather Dun and i`m from London / United Kingdom. I see that you are interested to purchase my product. First of all i would like to apologies that i am writing in english but i don`t speak or write french because i`m a british citizen. I have purchased it this year from France when i was with some business but for some family reasons i don`t need it anymore and i have decided to sell it back in French because i already tried to sell it in UK but with no results. If you are still interested to buy it just email me and we will find a way to deliver it to your location.
Regards,

2nd email

I have contacted some of my friends and i have decided to deliver it using an shipping company from London which works with escrow service. In this way we are both protected. Please let me explain you how we will make the transaction: I send the product to them.. you send the money to them... they deliver the product and after you receive and inspect it you give them the confirmation to give me the money if everything is fine.. but in case that the product don`t work or you don`t want to keep it after the inspection, you can refuse it and the company will give you a full refund in max 24 hours.
So if you agree with this just provide me the complete address where you want the product to be delivered:
Full name:
Address:
City:
Zip code:
Phone:
As soon as i will have this details i will deliver the package and the escrow company will contact you with the other details.
Regards,

3rd email

Hi,

I understand that you accept to make the transaction as i said before.
Now i will go and start the transaction but first i want to clarify some things :

1. After i deposit the package in the company custody, you will have to send the money to the company agent and you will receive the package in 2 days after the payment is made. Also you will have 5 days to inspect the package before the company will send the money to me.

2. You will have to send the money via Western Union because is a fast method and we can make the transaction more faster

The company name is Anglo Caribbean Shipping Co. and the website is http://www.anglo-shipping.eu.

This are my full information and you have attached a copy of my passport.

Name : Heather Dun
Address : 37 Baxendale Street
City : Bethnal Green / London
Zip Code : E2 7BY

If everything is ok please let me know and i will start the transaction.
Regards,

After I offered a friend to collect I got the 4th email:

Sorry B---- but i really can't do that because i must go in a business trip tomorrow. So if you accept to make the transaction as i have explained you before let me know and i will start the transaction tomorrow before i go.

Regards,

5th email:

If you don`t want to make the transaction as i said before just let me know and i will sell the Mac to another buyer.

I will go in USA and i will come back in 2-3 weeks... i can't wait that long because i want to buy a brand new Apple MacBook Pro 17 from there.

So.. let me know your decision.

and finally:

Good morning B----,

I wait your decision.. please don't insist with your friend because as i said i don't have time.

Regards,

It was quite obvious that it was a scam from the website for the escrow service but with a bit more expertise I think this scam would catch a lot of people, I hope none of you guys have beens stung. It's almost impossible to report this kind of thing until you actually get ripped off so that is the reason I have posted here in such detail. I also received an attachment with her passport scanned, I would imagine this is a stolen of doctored passport with the number: 703090099.
Good luck and hope this helps someone avoid the scam
brin1974
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Hello,

thank you for posting this; and you are quite right about everything (including the fake passport).

I've added the site to our database; it is the newest one in a long series:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=114

If you try to go to http://www.anglo-shipping.eu/ now you'll get a pleasant surprise. Well, maybe not so pleasant for the scammer...
lightfair
Master

Postby brin1974 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Wow, that happened quickly. Just hope the scammers didn't catch anyone. Thanks lightfair. It's a shame there's not a more transparent way for consumers to report these clowns to the relevant authorities. Obviously until a crime is actually committed the police wont get involved but considering they've been running this scam for 4-5 years one would think they'd have been taken down.
brin1974
NewBorn

Previous

Return to Escrow Fraud