Elite Escrow Management

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Elite Escrow Management

Postby Cambeleccrime » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:43 pm

It has been brought to the attention of this agency, that a company calling themselves "EliteEscrowManagement" was set up online as a timeshare closing/escrow company. The "company" was claiming to be based out of 485 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Through investigation, the company is based out of Mexico and is using VOIP (Voice Over IP) telephones that appear to be local phone numbers. The company was operating the following websites, which have been shut down:

eliteescrowmanagement.com
internationalresortresale.com
prestigepropertyconsultancy.com
presitgepropertyconsultance.com
luxuryresortresale.com
prestigepropertyconsultacy.com
premiumluxurynetwork.com

If you have fallen victim to any of the websites above the following is recommended:

File a report of fraud with your local police agency
If you made payment via credit card - dispute the charges with your card company

Due to the scammers being based in Mexico, I am currently working to find the best venue to take over the investigation.

Detective Brian O'Connor
New England Electronic Crimes Task Force
MCU - Electronic Crime Unit
Cambridge Police Department
125 Sixth Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
(W) 617-349-9307
(F) 617-349-3327
Cambeleccrime
NewBorn

Re: Elite Escrow Management

Postby peg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Also consider filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx (Formerly the IFCC)
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cambeleccrime » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:02 pm

It appears that after I was successful in shutting down this website, they have popped up under a different name:

Meca Management Consultants

Liberty Escrow Services

These "companies" are being run out of Mexico and are connected to the same Bank Account as Elite Escrow Management. They have moved their hosting servers to Mexico. They are still claiming to be out of the United States and have phone numbers that appear to be local, but in fact are VoIP lines coming back to Mexico. It appears that they are targeting Timeshare owners who have properties with the Riviera and Mayan property group.
Cambeleccrime
NewBorn

Postby carolyn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:07 pm

I am now working with an escrow company called "Direct Escrow Transfers" out of Troy, Michigan & a resort renting company called "Elite Resort Services" out of Seattle. How do I find out if their ligitimate?

Carolyn
carolyn
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 am

I suggest calling Mr. O'Connor; he left his phone number in the first posting.

As I said in the other thread: We usually deal with a different type of fake escrow services and so I am not as familiar with those sites and cannot say anything about the legitimacy. However both names came up both in the other thread and also when I first looked into this type of sites; so some caution probably doesn't hurt.
lightfair
Master

Postby lightfair » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:52 am

Cambeleccrime wrote:It appears that after I was successful in shutting down this website, they have popped up under a different name:

Meca Management Consultants

Liberty Escrow Services

These "companies" are being run out of Mexico and are connected to the same Bank Account as Elite Escrow Management. They have moved their hosting servers to Mexico. They are still claiming to be out of the United States and have phone numbers that appear to be local, but in fact are VoIP lines coming back to Mexico. It appears that they are targeting Timeshare owners who have properties with the Riviera and Mayan property group.

My own (very cursory) investigations showed a number of other sites as well; the Mexican angle was present with them, too.
lightfair
Master

Postby El Dino » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:42 pm

carolyn wrote:I am now working with an escrow company called "Direct Escrow Transfers" out of Troy, Michigan & a resort renting company called "Elite Resort Services" out of Seattle. How do I find out if their ligitimate?

Carolyn

We are also very interested in "Direct Escrow Transfers" and "Elite Resort Services". Has anyone had a successful experience with either of these companies?

Dean
El Dino
NewBorn

Re: Elite Escrow services and direct escrow transfers

Postby pbock42 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Do not deal with these people they are just theives, I lost $5400.00 to them. Do not give them a dime.
pbock42
NewBorn

Postby nofreeride » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:24 pm

pbock42 wrote:Do not deal with these people they are just theives, I lost $5400.00 to them. Do not give them a dime.

Thank you, they had contacted me twice and I have refused them to date. But I was really wondering if they were legit.
nofreeride
Infant

Postby nofreeride » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:24 pm

pbock42 wrote:Do not deal with these people they are just theives, I lost $5400.00 to them. Do not give them a dime.

Thank you, they had contacted me twice and I have refused them to date. But I was really wondering if they were legit.
nofreeride
Infant

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud