Want CAR, but need help to identify if its a fraud.

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Want CAR, but need help to identify if its a fraud.

Postby lightfair » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:19 pm

mel33770 wrote:
This guy is Matt Stuart selling a nice looking boat very cheap-BEWARE!. Sad they use the military story for their frauds. I've contacted a Lt. Colonel in the family and he's having this looked into because he's pissed! Will be funny if he can get some of these idiots canned :lol:

Just in case this isn't clear yet: Neither is this guy's name "Matt Stuart" nor is he in the US military. He's probably sitting in some internet cafe in Romania.
lightfair
Master

Re: Want CAR, but need help to identify if its a fraud.

Postby hemiones » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm glad for this forum. I've been trying to find a car for over a month and I have gotten nothing but replies like this, or sob stories and it's incredibly frustrating.

COL. Michael Miller [USA]
Add to contacts
10/05/12
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Christin Clark
Picture of COL. Michael Miller [USA]

Hi again,
As i told you, at this moment I am in WA state in a military base, getting ready for Afghanistan (I hope for the last time). I do a special training program everyday day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or make calls whenever I want. The shipping will take 3 to 5 days depending on your location and it’s not a problem because i have considerable discount from eBay and I can do it at no cost for you. As long as I'm dealing with eBay and they can ship the vehicle anywhere in the US,I listed the car in several states because it increases my chances to get it sold much faster. I want to mention that the vehicle was inspected by eBay and fulfils the CO Emission standards from all the 50 states so it wouldn't be a problem for you to register it in your state. You will receive the car along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, 2 set of keys, full service records and more. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like eBay because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their escrow Safe Pay Program for vehicles not listed on their website. The car is located in the eBay warehouse in WA (ready for delivery). I asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the car but their reply was "We are not a showroom!" In this case, I will offer a 5-day period to inspect the car from the moment you receive it, before I'll have your money. I think this is more than fair for both of us.The payment will be handled by eBay Escrow, and you will benefit of 5 days inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info to eBay and they will notify you about our deal. Like this you'll be able to talk directly with them and ask all you want to know. Sorry for the long emails I have tried to touch all bases.
Regards!!
hemiones
NewBorn

Previous

Return to Escrow Fraud