Want CAR, but need help to identify if its a fraud.

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Want CAR, but need help to identify if its a fraud.

Postby mpickle18 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:35 am

I have been looking on craigslist for a car and came across a nice one with a very affordable price. I emailed the person and this was our conversation.

Car Owner:
Hi,
I am selling this car because my platoon has been sent back to Iraq and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before June 26. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident...I do have the title , clear, under my name. The Murano has 47,000 original miles VIN# JN8AZ08W15W425724.
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4,000. The car is in Buffalo, NY, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.Below is the car details and also link with more photos,if the link doesn't work,copy and paste it into a new browser page.
Regards!!!
2005 NISSAN MURANO SL/SE AWD
Vehicle title: Clear
Body type: SUV
Engine: 3.5L V6 SFI DOHC 24V
Exterior color: Gray
Transmission: Automatic 4WD
Fuel type: Gasoline
Interior color: Black
You can find more pics at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/fdghdhj/Murano#

Car Owner:
Hi again,
As I've told you at this moment I am in NY in a military base getting ready for Iraq (I hope for the last time).I do a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want.The shipping is not a problem because a have considerable discount from eBay and I can do it at no cost for you. You will receive the car along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, 2 set of keys,full service records and more . Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like eBay coz I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their escrow Safe Pay Program. The car is located in their warehouse in NY (ready for delivery). I've asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the car but their reply was: "We are not a showroom!" In this case I will offer a 5 days period to inspect the car from the moment you receive it, before I'll have your money. I think this is more than fair for both of us.
The payment will be handling by eBay Escrow, and you will benefit of 5 days inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info to eBay and they will notify you about our deal.Like this you'll be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know.
Regards!!
Amy

SAFE OR NOT SAFE??? Help me out please. THANKS
mpickle18
NewBorn

Re: Want CAR, but need help to identify if its a fraud.

Postby JaxHot » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:20 am

Its a scam.
Whats the scammer's email address?
Whats the email address thats supposedly from eBay?
There is no such thing as eBay escrow.
eBay does not have a wharehouse.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mpickle18 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:38 pm

the email address is amyjones2001@yahoo.com. Thanks alot I really appreciate it.
mpickle18
NewBorn

Postby mpickle18 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm thinking this is probally a scam too.

Motorcycle owner:
Hello,
The bike is located in Saint Augustine, FL and I am selling it at this price ($3500) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The divorce is finished and I own this bike. I work as a dealer on a cruise ship and i want to sell it because I need money for other things. This bike is in excellent working condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used, in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title ready for transfer. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. Since i am working most of my time, and divorced I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price that I want for this bike is $3500. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive payment and shipping details from them.
I will wait your answer very soon only if you are interested to buy because i don't have any free time to waste.
You can see the rest of the pictures by click on the link below:
http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad208/lgkogiroioi/
Best Regards,

Her email address is tracey.bolt1@gmail.com.
mpickle18
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Yes thats fraud too.
eBay doesn't guarantee or do anyting off its site.
Please, if you receive fake ebay emails post them here.
Thanks
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby STR » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 pm

hello
STR
NewBorn

Postby comprocket » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:17 pm

I got that motorcycle fraud also from tracey.bolt1@gmail.com. I found it in the Philadelphia Craigslist. The deal was WAY too good to be true so I started searching and found this. I am going to dig deeper to see if I can try to reverse the scam on them!

2007 Honda CBR CBR1000RR - $3500

Hello,
The bike is located in Saint Augustine, FL and I am selling it at this price ($3500) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The divorce is finished and I own this bike. I work as a dealer on a cruise ship and i want to sell it because I need money for other things. This bike is in excellent working condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used, in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title ready for transfer. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. Since i am working most of my time, and divorced I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price that I want for this bike is $3500. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive payment and shipping details from them.
I will wait your answer very soon only if you are interested to buy because i don't have any free time to waste.
You can see the rest of the pictures by click on the link below:
Best Regards,
Tracey Bolt
comprocket
NewBorn

Postby comprocket » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:00 am

Hi,
year :2006 - VIN: JH2SC57057M301862 - 9,177 miles - Engine size 998 cc

The bike is already at the shipping company in Saint Augustine, FL sealed and ready to be shipped. I'm very busy with my job so this is the reason why I chose to sell my bike over the internet. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. According with the eBay you have 5 days from the time you will receive the bike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send you the invoice. In the invoice you will receive the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and release the shipping to you. After you receive the bike you will have 5 days to test it, verify and do whatever you need to the bike. If you decide to keep it, then I will receive the payment from eBay .
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the bike, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come down to pick up my bike.Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them. I look forward to hear from you.
Best Regards,
Tracey
comprocket
NewBorn

Postby dubignon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:55 am

I found a deal that was too good to be true so I started asking questions and searching the internet for answers. Googling ebay escrow safe pay program led me here. I cannot believe that this person is using almost the exact same email again. Here is what I received in response to a few emails:

"Hi again,
As I've told you at this moment I am in WA in a military base getting ready for Afganistan (I hope for the last time).I do a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want.The shipping is not a problem because i have considerable discount from eBay and i can do it at no cost for you. You will receive the boat in maximum 5 days along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, 2 set of keys,user manual,full service records and more . Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like eBay coz I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their escrow Safe Pay Program. The boat is located in their warehouse in WA (ready for delivery). I've asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the boat but their reply was: "We are not a showroom!" In this case I will offer a 5 days period to inspect the boat from the moment you receive it, before I'll have your money. I think this is more than fair for both of us.
The payment will be handling by eBay Escrow, and you will benefit of 5 days inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the boat on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info to eBay and they will notify you about our deal.Like this you'll be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know.
Regards!!
Amy"

What can we do to nail this person? People contriving these scams deserve to pay. Please let me know what, if anything, I should do next.
dubignon
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Post the email address the scammer is using.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud