Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Postby Angelika1973 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a flat in Geneva and I've come to realize that those frauds are extremely active.

Further names: I replied to an ad via e-mail (there was no phone number) and was then contacted by e-mail by a person under the name of VJ. This person told me that flat had belonged to her late father "Markus Grabher". This week I found another interesting flat. I sent a message and received a reply by a so called „Loic Beaussier“ asking to answer some questions and give some information about me. When I replied that I’d be willing to send him information if this was a serious contact but that I first wanted to know whether he would suggest a transaction via Moneybookers as a next step, he never replied.

Warning: These people are really insidious. Right from the beginning, they stress that they’d like to find a nice and reliable tenant ("behave as if it was your own flat"). As "evidence" of her good intention, the so called Virginia sent me a copy of her ID card and a CV with photograph – asking me to tell who I am, what I do in life, etc. When I had given some information about me with the same type of documents, she suggested passing via Moneybookers. I am a freelancer and my phone data can easily be found on the Internet, so I don’t think that they’ll dare use my documents. But you never know – so here my name: Angelika Eberhardt. Please contact me in case this name should appear in relation with a dubious ad. I’d like to take action in that case!

And to say it very clearly: Don’t send information about your person unless you are 100% sure that the other person is serious and reliable!

By the way: http://www.money-bookers.eu is not an URL of the existing company Moneybookers. Moneybookers has confirmed via e-mail that this is a case of fraud scam and that such services are not at all offered by Moneybookers.

Best regards

Angelika
Last edited by Angelika1973 on Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelika1973

Postby khushi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:12 am

Moneybooker's Apartment scam is very much active in Australia too....

I was looking for some fully furnished apartment in brisbane, so in this effort i jst googled and found this Ad..Ad. published in "http://brisbane.locanto.com.au/ID_119482897/Luxury-2-Bedroom-Waterfront-Terrace-Apartment-Fully-Furnished.html" with Ad ID: 119482897.
I found this apartment gud and that too under my budget...so, i wrote a mail to the email-d provided..@ reteta09@hotmail.com

ith reference to the Ad. published in "http://brisbane.locanto.com.au/ID_119482897/Luxury-2-Bedroom-Waterfront-Terrace-Apartment-Fully-Furnished.html" with Ad ID: 119482897, I would like to inspect the property subjected to the condition that it is not on sharing basis.

I would appreciate if you could reply few of my Queries:

1)Is this property is on sharing(as it is not clear in the Ad. published)?? if on sharing don't bother to fix an inspection.but if not, i would really like to inspect.
2)Is this property still available???
3)What is the bond money??
4)When it will be available??
5)Was it affected by flood??
6)And i guess the rent is $250 per week.If i am wrong please correct me.
7)What is the minimum Lease period??

then i received an email from the So called owner with a so called cooked story...

To: <removed by moderator>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:42 AM
Subject: RE: Ad ID: 119482897-->reg th property loacated @ 82 Boundary St, Brisbane 4000

Hi ,

I confirm that the property located on ( 82 Boundary St,Brisbane QLD 4000 ) is available for lease for 250 $AU p/w including utilities for as long as you need.This unique 3 level terrace apartment is superbly located in the heart of brisbane. Each level offers stunning views of the Brisbane river and Story bridge. In the apartment you will find a dishwasher,a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine , a dryer,a niron ,a noven,a toaster ,a coffee maker ,vacuum cleaner , a big screen TV,cable TV with the basic access, ADSL internet and Wi-Fi access. Also the apartment is near the public transportation , a gym,and other facilities .
There are no problems if you have any pets, as long as you cleanup after them . I am not interested to make a lot of money from the rental, I am interested to find a tenant that will take goof care of the property until my return ( minimum lease period 3 months).The two months upfront payment with security bond is the total of $2000.The minimum period of time that you have to stay in the apartment in 3 months. I'm not planing to come back to Australia due to health problems and my new job, until end of next year! Because i had to move to New Zealand so soon I didn't had time to find a trust worthy agent,don't have any friends in the area to send the keys .I found an alternate solution in order to close the transaction safe for the both of us , it is an international delivery solution called MoneyBookers

( https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN )

The MoneyBookers Company is similar to FedEx or UPS, they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the Keys and Lease Agreement . With this procedure you will be able o check the apartment before I receive the payment . I have 2 more persons interested in renting the apartment so please send me your full name and address ASAP if you are ready to rent my apartment. The first person that will send me the details for the lease agreement will be the new tenant .
Thank you for your interest and I will wait news from you.

Jesica Parker

In response to that mail i showed my interest to inspect the property....for that the so called owner again wrote a mail

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:15 PM
Subject: RE: MoneyBookers Invoice Transaction 31594853 - PAYMENT REQUEST!

Hi ,

Here is a copy of the invoice that I have received in my email address from them.
Please reply me to know when you will be able to make the deposit so they can proceed with the shipping.The amount you must deposit is 2000 $(This amount will be for two months upfront payment with security bond) , to their agent name , using WesternUnion service , you will find all the information in the invoice .
I will wait your confirmation after the deposit will be completed!

Dear xxxx,

You are involved into a third party transaction initiated through our company. The transaction details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
Our constant priority is for the safety of our people, our customers, and the general public.
Money Bookers always tries to fulfill its customers' needs.

Important. Please read.
Here's the invoice for -Package ID: 31594853
Apartment Keys and rental contract verified and signed by the Sender. Owner of the apartment in: 82 Boundary St,Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia. All the papers are double checked.
Insured Value Amount (Two Months Rent + Security Bond ) : $ 2000 AU
If you decide to hold the apartment, then you will have to authorize us to release the funds to the sender, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the apartment, you will be able to send the keys and contract back through the same service with no costs and inform us to return the funds to you.
Price :
$2,000.00 AU (shipping included)
Deposit :
$2,000.00 AU
Date : 31-08-11
Shipping : $0.00 AU
Insurance : $0.00 AU
Total :
$2,000.00 AU

Sender Information:

First name: Jesica
Last name : Parker
Address : 1008/1 Courthouse Lane
City : Auckland Central, Auckland City
PostalCode: 1010
------------------------------ -----------------

Delivery Information:

First name:xxxxx
Last name :xxxxxx
Address : xxxxxx
City : xxxxxxx
Zip code: xxx

Payment information: (How to pay)

IT'S EASY:
1. Locate the nearest Western Union Office

2. Make the payment with cash using the above MoneyBookers agent details

3. When the payment is made, email us the following information:

-Scanned Western Union receipt, 10 digit reference number
-Exact sender's name on file with Western Union
-Your street address on file with Western Union
-City and country where you sent the money from
-Amount sent

MoneyBookers Agent Details:

Agent name: Anthony Forest

Address: 5-30 Stanley Street, St. Ives 2075 Sydney, Australia

NOTICE: You are involved into a third party transaction initiated through our company.
You will have to provide us with the Receipt- Payment Information in order to start the shipping.

The seller delivers the package to MoneyBookers agents for full evaluation of content. The package will remain in the company custody until the receiver will send the payment through Western Union. After verifying the funds, MoneyBookers is ready to ship the parcel to the designated address.

Sincerly,
MoneyBookers Financial Department

Copyright © Moneybooker

i found the whole matter very dodgy, so i refused to pay money and asked for inspection again.
but the owner was very much adamant reg the money part.
owner again wrote me another mail....

Jesica Parker
Message flagged Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:19 PMMessage body
Hello,

After you deposit the money to moneybookers the agent from them will deliver the keys and contract to your address and will go with the agent to inspect the apartment. In case that you decide to not rent the apartment after inspection you confirm to moneybookers and they will fully refund you the deposit in the same day.

Regards!

the whole matter seems to be very fraudulent so i decided not to deliver money to anybody until and unless i see the actual propert.
and thanks to you guys for for saving my hard earned money...thanks to you all for your posts.
Last edited by lightfair on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed email address
khushi
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:39 pm

You are right - it is a typical scam.

I've edited your posting to remove your own email address.
lightfair
Master

Postby sfett001 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 pm

There is someone doing this scam in Vienna right now.
Here is the same letter.

Hi there,
Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Moneybookers Escrow Account to make sure that we can trust each other.
Using Moneybookers escrow account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Moneybookers as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.Please click on the link to the Moneybookers website where you can find the procedure explained : https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN

Here is the procedure explained :

The Escrow Account Moneybookers works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Moneybookers. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month's rent + rental guarantee (550 + 550 = 1100 Eur), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Moneybookers at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
Then Monkeybookers sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Moneybookers and you get your money back.
This will be in writing in the moneybookers contract I will sign.
The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
If you agree to move forward I can send you a copy of the rental contract in blank.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the moneybookers rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Louis
sfett001
NewBorn

Postby Angelika1973 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

ORIGINAL message posted on Aug 21, 11 16:21

Warning - frauds - no so called Moneybookers transactions!
Hello everybody,

I'm currently looking for a flat in Geneva (good joke, I know!) and I've come to realize that a very mean type of frauds is extremely active here.

They offer appartments via sites like antibis or immostreet. Those appartments seem almost too good and also too cheap to be true. There is no phone number, so you'll fill in the contact form - which, in itself, is not that unusual here. Then, somebody will contact you via e-mail, too, saying that he/she is abroad and he/she’d like to find a nice and reliable tenant ("behave as if it was your own flat").
In my case, as "evidence" of her good intention, this person (purposedly living in London) sent me a copy of her ID card and a CV with photograph – asking me to tell who I am, what I do in life, etc. When I had given some information about me with the same type of documents, she suggested passing via an escrow account service offered by Moneybookers. At first, it didn't seem strange to me to pass via a neutral third party service but I had a look at the Moneybookers website ("security information") and other relevant internet fora and had to realize that it all was a fake.

By the way: www.money-bookers.eu is not an URL of the existing company Moneybookers. Moneybookers has confirmed via e-mail that this is a case of fraud scam and that such services are not at all offered by Moneybookers.

On the internet, you will easily find similar cases of fraud attempts with WesternUnion.

To give you some names: I replied to an ad via e-mail (there was no phone number) and was then contacted by e-mail by a person under the name of VJ (modified the name because she was a victim, too). This person told me that flat had belonged to her late father "Markus Grabher". This week I found another interesting flat. I sent a message and received a reply by a so called „Loic Beaussier“ asking to answer some questions and give some information about me. When I replied that I’d be willing to send him information if this was a serious contact but that I first wanted to know whether he would suggest a transaction via Moneybookers as a next step, he never replied.

I am a freelancer and my phone data can easily be found on the Internet, so I don’t think that they’ll dare use my documents. But you never know – so here my name: Angelika Eberhardt. Please contact me in case this name should appear in relation with a dubious ad. I’d like to take action in that case!

And to say it very clearly: Don’t send information about your person unless you are 100% sure that the other person is serious and reliable!

Best regards

Angelika
Angelika1973

Postby nadiash » Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm

I just registered to say that this scam reached Luxembourg.

email of the guy is lermanerik@ovi.com

The email is almost word for word the same as the one above. Only difference is the rent.
nadiash
NewBorn

Postby nsangara » Wed May 16, 2012 3:39 am

hi everyone, registered to inform that this scam just landed in Malaysia! Thank god for Google & this forum as me and my girlfriend almost went on with the payment before we got suspicious as to why a payment thru Western Union was needed. here's the email;

Email 1;

Hi ,

I confirm that the property located on ( Jalan SS 20/27, Petaling Jaya,47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia ) is available for lease for 1500RM p/m including all utilities (internet,electricity and water) for as long as you need. Amazing, newly renovated apartment available for rent, you will find a dishwasher,a refrigerator, a freezer, a washing machine , a dryer,a niron ,a noven,a toaster ,a coffee maker ,vacuum cleaner , a big screen TV,cable TV with the basic access, ADSL internet and Wi-Fi access. Also the apartment is near the public transportation , a gym,and other facilities .
There are no problems if you have any pets, as long as you cleanup after them . I am not interested to make a lot of money from the rental, I am interested to find a tenant that will take goof care of the property until my return ( Minimum lease period 3 months). The two months upfront payment is the total of 3000RM.The minimum period of time that you have to stay in the apartment in 3 months. I'm not planing to come back to Malaysia due to health problems and my new job, until end of next year! Because i had to move to United Kingdom so soon I didn't had time to find a trust worthy agent,don't have any friends in the area to send the keys .I found an alternate solution in order to close the transaction safe for the both of us , it is an international delivery solution called MoneyBookers

( https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN )

The MoneyBookers Company is similar to FedEx or UPS, they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the Keys and Lease Agreement . With this procedure you will be able o check the apartment before I receive the payment . I have 2 more persons interested in renting the apartment so please send me your full name and address ASAP if you are ready to rent my apartment. The first person that will send me the details for the lease agreement will be the new tenant .
Thank you for your interest and I will wait news from you.

Aini Binti

Email 2;

Hi XXXXX,

Here is a copy of the invoice that I have received in my email address from them.
Please reply me to know when you will be able to make the deposit so they can proceed with the shipping.The amount you must deposit is 3000RM(This amount will be for two months upfront payment) , to their agent name , using WesternUnion service , you will find all the information in the invoice .
I will wait your confirmation after the deposit will be completed!

moneybookers.com

Dear XXXXX,

You are involved into a third party transaction initiated through our company. The transaction details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
Our constant priority is for the safety of our people, our customers, and the general public.
Money Bookers always tries to fulfill its customers' needs.

Important. Please read.
Here's the invoice for -Package ID: 31594853
Apartment Keys and rental contract verified and signed by the Sender. Owner of the apartment in: Jalan SS 20/27, Petaling Jaya,47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. All the papers are double checked.

Insured Value Amount ( Two Months Rent ) : MYR 3000
If you decide to hold the apartment, then you will have to authorize us to release the funds to the sender, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the apartment, you will be able to send the keys and contract back through the same service with no costs and inform us to return the funds to you.
Price :

MYR3,000.00 (shipping included)
Deposit :
MYR3,000.00
Date : 15-05-12
Shipping : MYR 0.00
Insurance : MYR 0.00
Total :
MYR3,000.00

Sender Information:

First name: Aini
Last name : Binti
Address : 9 Conmere Square
City : Manchester
PostalCode: M15 6DE

-----------------------------------------------

Delivery Information:

First name: XXXXX
Last name : XXXXX
Address : XXXXX
City : XXXXX
Zip code: XXXXX

Payment information: (How to pay)

IT'S EASY:
1. Locate the nearest Western Union Office

2. Make the payment with cash using the above MoneyBookers agent details

3. When the payment is made, email us the following information:

-Scanned Western Union receipt, 10 digit reference number
-Exact sender's name on file with Western Union
-Your street address on file with Western Union
-City and country where you sent the money from
-Amount sent

cash document escrows picture

MoneyBookers Agent Details:

Agent name: Linda Rous

Address: 388 Oxford Street,London,W1C 1JT,United Kingdom

NOTICE: You are involved into a third party transaction initiated through our company.
You will have to provide us with the Receipt- Payment Information in order to start the shipping.

https://secures12.brinkster.com/edwards ... nunion.jpg

The seller delivers the package to MoneyBookers agents for full evaluation of content. The package will remain in the company custody until the receiver will send the payment through Western Union. After verifying the funds, MoneyBookers is ready to ship the parcel to the designated address.

Sincerly,
MoneyBookers Financial Department

Reviewed by TRUSTe. View privacy statement
Copyright © Moneybooker
nsangara
NewBorn

Postby Martinn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:46 am

They have arrived in Latvia also:
Hi there,

Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Moneybookers Escrow Account to make sure that we can trust each other.
Using Moneybookers escrow account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Moneybookers as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.Please click on the link to the Moneybookers website where you can find the procedure explained : https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN

The Escrow Account Moneybookers works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Moneybookers. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month's rent + rental guarantee (210 + 420 = 630 LVL), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Moneybookers at your home.
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
You don't need to open an account with moneybookers because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
Then Moneybookers sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Moneybookers and you get your money back.
The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
If you agree to move forward I can send you a copy of the rental contract in blank.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the moneybookers rental transaction.

Sincerely,
James

email - longino_jam@nokiamail.com
http://www.zip.lv/show/?i=2275461
Martinn
NewBorn

Postby ilie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello,

Thank you all for these posts. It seems they came to Bratislava too. Here's the ad for the apartment, very cheap and right near the castle http://reality.bazar.sk/5505697-renovov ... tivne-1-kk
The guy's name is Tibor Alexy and the emails I exchanged with him are on the same pattern:

Hello

I think it will be easier for both of us, if we can speak English, because I do not know, Slovak well.
My name is Tibor Alexy and I got an email about your interest in my apartment in Palisades 691/3, 81101 Old Town, Bratislava, Slovakia.
Looking for someone who lives in my apartment because my company has won the auction for a big construction project in Liverpool, United Kingdom. I am a project manager in the construction industry, so my accommodation period here will be very large (more than 4 years). I bought this apartment when I worked at the Slovak four years contract, thinking it would be better than an investment in the lease. I am the sole owner, the apartment is fully paid, and there is no legal problem. The apartment is free, because I already live there.
I want to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible person, I'd like to know more details about myself: How many years are you if you are married, if you have a pet, if you have a car, occupation etc. I must say that I have nothing against the fact that you are a student and I love animals and they are welcome in your home. You should also know that I appreciate sincerity.
In addition to rest, here is some information about yourself and the home, so we knew a little more.
The apartment is exactly like the pictures, fully furnished, fully equipped, so you do not have anything to be able to (you can also bring your own stuff, furniture, if you have one).
Monthly rent is 295EUR including utilities (water, electricity, internet, cable, one parking space). You can rent an apartment for an indefinite period, but at least three months.
About myself, a single man, and as I mentioned above the project manager in the construction industry, currently living in Liverpool, UK. You move into an apartment on the same day you get the keys. I'm already in the UK, but when I have to deal with, so you can get the keys and go home to make an impression.
I appreciate your interest in my apartment and look forward to our future collaboration and friendship.

Thank you!
Alexy

Photos:
http://imageshack.us/g/850/30165431.jpg/

Hi there,

Using Moneybookers escrow account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Moneybookers as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.Please click on the link to the Moneybookers website where you can find the procedure explained :https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN

The escrow deposit, the first month's rent + rental guarantee (295 + 295 = 590 Eur), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
-Phone number;
You don't need to open an account with moneybookers because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
Then Moneybookers sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Moneybookers and you get your money back.

Thanks!
Alexy

** Now I will try to fool him and have some fun with his little scam, from the mail he sends it seems he's in Osijek, Croatia
ilie
NewBorn

Postby pinkfluffyunicorns » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 am

Same exact shit happened to me, but instead of using moneybookers, they used "LTD Shipping", already seemed too good to be true from the moment I saw such a cheap rate of AUD250 per week for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment in a high end suburb, but I wanted to confirm it was a scam and have a bit of fun with it at the same time, curious to see what he had to say. Luckily I was extremely alert from the start - didn't send any money or details. Every single sentence he wrote absolutely reeked of fraud in my opinion.

Scammer's email address: tomasbalene@gmail.com
Full name: Tomas Bale (but couldn't even spell his first name properly at the bottom of the emails, one of the numerous signs that this was obviously a scam, apart from the fact that his spelling and grammar was atrocious.)
Property address he was trying to "rent" to me: 50 Lorimer St, Melbourne VIC 3000

Listing found on: www.rent.com.au
Property ID: 523917

Correspondence between me and him:

Him: "Hello ,

Thank you for the response to my listing, I'm the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of. I recently moved my work in United Kingdom, but the rent is high here, I decided to offer for rent the apartment that i have in Australia. I can rent the apartment for maximum 5 years. This is the period that I have a contract here in England, of course I can rent it for a shorter period as well. The apartment is furnished and it is exactly as in the photos. The rent for 1 month is $1000 - ($250 per week) and includes all your utilities (water, Internet, cable). You can enter the apartment on the same day when receiving the keys. We will use a real estate who will transport you the keys.

If you're interested, write me back at tomasbalene@gmail.com

Waiting your e-mail
Best Regards !
Thomas "

Me: "Hi Thomas,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I am interested, but I would feel more comfortable if I could view the apartment first before committing. Could I possibly set up an inspection appointment with the real estate agent who can transport the keys to me?

Thanks."

Him: "Thanks for your reply,

You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems
First of all if you want to rent the apartment you need to pay 1 month of rent + 1 month of warranty ( $1000 + $1000 = $2000 ) ! ( but that month of warranty you will receive back after you finish the contract ) !

If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact LTD Shipping Service and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.

I will need your full name and address for that. You will receive a notification from LTD Shipping shortly after that, together with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money to LTD Shipping. They will hold and insure your money until you check the apartment and decide if you want take it or not.
That is how their buyer protection policy works. As far as my concerns, I will be glad to know that LTD Shipping has the possession of the money during the delivery period. That is my insurance. As soon as the funds have been deposited into their account, they will immediately start the shipping process.

The keys and rental contract will be delivered at your address in no more than 3 working days. You will be given a five days inspection period from the day you receive the keys and contract at home. If you decide to hold the apartment, then you will have to authorize LTD Shiping to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the apartment, you will be able to send the keys and contract back through the same service and ask LTD Shipping to return the funds to you. Through I am sure you will love the apartment, it is good to know that you do have this second option available.

If you wish to proceed with renting the apartment, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through Real Estate right away.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Thomas"

Reading this, I decided that I'd had enough and stopped corresponding with him. Didn't manage to get more details about this person but at least it's one more email address to add to the long list :). Please be careful, everyone! Always be alert and remember that 99.999999% of the time, if it sounds/seems to good to be true, it indeed is to good to be true.
pinkfluffyunicorns
NewBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Escrow Fraud