Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Postby lightfair » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 am

qdb wrote:After that I got one more email which claimed to be from MoneyBookers. But it was sent from strange email address: services@moneybookers-rentals.com. Email was saying I need to pay money with Western Union to specified address in London. It was obviously a fake. MoneyBookers' main business is to process online payments, so why would they want me to use Western Unoin instead of their services?

That's true. However I would like to point out that variants of this fraud actually use MoneyBookers to transfer the money.

Person who contacted me regarding rental offer was Adriana Delgado. She was using email address: adrianagdo@gmail.com

And thanks for posting the name and email address of the scammer; other potential victims might search for it and hopefully find this thread.
lightfair
Master

Postby peg » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:51 am

moneybookers-rentals.com (Where the email came from) is being used apparently solely for email (you can see the "Google" welcome page for this site at http://moneybookers-rentals.com )

Anyway, I am glad that you have identified the scam site and I hope that you haven't lost any money. I have added it to our database at http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... a&id=10821
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LuckOne » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:20 am

I recieved the same sam mail from Angela Detter regarding the apartment in Copenhagen
Good day,

My name is Angela Detter and this is a reponse to your email showing your interest in my 2 room

apartment located in 14 Poppelgade, 2200, Copenhagen. I am a researcher working for a pharmaceutical

company and this apartment was bought while working here in Denmark on a 5 year contract, as I thought it

would be a better investment than renting. I the only owner of the apartment, it is paid in full and it

has no legal problems . The apartment has not been inhabited since I am no longer living in Copenhagen.
What I want is to rent the apartment to nice and responsible people and in order to do that I

would like to know a some details about you, like how many persons do you intend to live in the

apartment, if you have a steady income, etc. I have to tell you from the beginning that I do not have a

problem if you are a student and I do not have a problem with pets (I am the proud owner of a french

bulldog). You shoud also know that I appreciate sincerity very much.
In addition to everything else here is a little something about the apartment and myself so we

can get to know each other.
The apartment is the one in the pictures from the advertisment, but as the last tenants had thier

own furniture it was moved into my private storage found in the basement of the building.If you don't

have furniture I can take it back to the apartment with no extra costs for you.
The rent for 1 month is 5400 DKK (for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water,

electricity, Internet, cable, parking). You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract).
About myself, I am 56 years old and as I told you I am a researcher in pharmaceutical products,

currently living in Liverpool, my home town .
You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only issue is that I

am already in United Kingdom but I hope that together we will find a solution.

Thank you for your interest and I looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship.

Best regards,

Angela Detter

Hi again,

Using the Moneybookers escrow blocked account, the viewing procedure involves three parties: me as the owner, you as the prospective tenant and Moneybookers as a licensed third party responsible for good development of the transaction.
The Moneybookers Escrow Blocked account is just like the blocked account where you pay the damage deposit when you rent an apartment except that instead of a bank we will use Moneybookers. Of course, nobody can touch this money until you return the keys .
The deposit, which is equal to the first month of rent must be paid for the activation of the Blocked Account .
The delivery for the package will be made using an authorized courier such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and the package will be sent by Moneybookers to your home address .
You must know that in case the keys in the package will not correspond to the apartment keys you will receive three times the value of the security deposit from Moneybookers out of my Security Deposit fund that I have with Moneybookers .
To start the procedure I will need the following information from you :
-Shipping address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and the name of the receiver
-Arrival Schedule (when you will be home to receive the package and sign for the receipt)
-Telephone number in case of any emergencies .
You will have 14 days to inspect the apartment since the arrival date.
If decide to keep the apartment I will set up the open ended (3 month notice) contract from here with your information, I will sign it and I will send it to you. You will also have to sign it and send it back to me .
-If you do not keep the apartment, you give the keys/contract back to moneybookers and you will collect the security deposit .This will be in writing in the moneybookers contract I will sign.
The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when i will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you will have to pay the moneybookers agent.
I will wait your reply as soon as possible and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your daytime phone number and I will handle the moneybookers transaction.

Thank you again for your time and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Angela

But she doesn't want me to send any money via Western Union. So maybe it's not the scam at all? Or I'm too trustful?
LuckOne
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:41 am

LuckOne wrote:I recieved the same sam mail from Angela Detter regarding the apartment in Copenhagen

[...]

But she doesn't want me to send any money via Western Union. So maybe it's not the scam at all? Or I'm too trustful?

"She" wants you to send the money; "she" did not specify yet how. It's not as open as in many other cases, but it's in there:

The deposit, which is equal to the first month of rent must be paid for the activation of the Blocked Account .
[...]
The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when i will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you will have to pay the moneybookers agent.

It's the same old scam.
lightfair
Master

Postby LuckOne » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 am

"She" Initiated the escrow transaction, so I suppose the next step should be me tansfering money with moneybookers escrow service. What can happen with them? As I understand she won't get them until I confirm the procedure
LuckOne
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:01 pm

LuckOne wrote:"She" Initiated the escrow transaction, so I suppose the next step should be me tansfering money with moneybookers escrow service. What can happen with them? As I understand she won't get them until I confirm the procedure

The problem is that you will not be sending the money to Moneybookers but to a person claiming to be the "Moneybookers agent" but in reality it's the scammer himself.

In simple words: The money is gone immediately.
lightfair
Master

Postby criss2424 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 pm

The same message, 2 days ago, in Switzerland:

Good day,

My name is Stephanie Lambert and this is a reponse to your email showing your interest in my 3 room apartment located in Avenue XXXXXXX, Lausanne. I am a researcher working for a pharmaceutical company and this apartment was bought while working here in Switzerland on a 5 year contract, as I thought it would be a better investment than renting. I the only owner of the apartment, it is paid in full and it has no legal problems . The apartment has not been inhabited since I am no longer living in Lausanne.
What I want is to rent the apartment to nice and responsible people and in order to do that I would like to know a some details about you, like how many persons do you intend to live in the apartment, if you have a steady income, etc. I have to tell you from the beginning that I do not have a problem if you are a student and I do not have a problem with pets (I am the proud owner of a french bulldog). You shoud also know that I appreciate sincerity very much.
In addition to everything else here is a little something about the apartment and myself so we can get to know each other.
The apartment is the one in the pictures from the advertisment, but as the last tenants had thier own furniture it was moved into my private storage found in the basement of the building.If you don't have furniture I can take it back to the apartment with no extra costs for you.
The rent for 1 month is 1000 Chf (for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking). You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract).
About myself, I am 56 years old and as I told you I am a researcher in pharmaceutical products, currently living in Liverpool, my home town .
You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only issue is that I am already in United Kingdom but I hope that together we will find a solution.

Thank you for your interest and I looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship.

Best regards,

Stephanie
criss2424
NewBorn

Postby Sakis » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 am

I want to thank you guys for all this. It happened to me too. I had found an appartment in Denmark and this "woman" sent me the exact same emails. Thank god I read your forum before sending the money.

Angela Detter <angelad@live.dk>. These are her name and email.

Thank you.
Sakis
NewBorn

Postby gold_y » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:56 am

same happened in austria, luckily i found this page before making any payment:

Hello,
Thank you for your interest. My name is Tomas Hillt and from the internet add, you
could see, i have available the apartment located in: Grundsteingasse 15, 1160
Wien. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room.
I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has
won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in
London, England / United Kingdom . I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period
in London will be about 4 - 6 years. The renting period is from 1 months upto 1-8
years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also
to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like
in the pics.
The apartment is furnished, but I have the option of sending all my furniture into
storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs). The rent for 1 month is 300
EUR (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity,
Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave,
refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys.
The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we
will find a solution.

Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tomas Hillt
P.S. Please tell me if this is what are you looking for and reply my only if you are
truly interested in the apt.

and the next one:
Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in London / Uk already. Like I
have inform you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 300
EUR + 300 security deposit (600 euro), with no extra taxes to pay.I must have one
month rent + security deposit from you. The money, I want to recive it monthly to my
bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank
account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and
the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to
complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In
order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in
this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well.
The solution is provided by a company called MoneyBookers which is similar to FedEx
or UPS, which will handle both payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a
procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will
receive the keys of it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will
stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow
to the MoneyBookers website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast
directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained:
https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this
matter.
gold_y
NewBorn

Postby gold_y » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:03 am

the last email i got from "moneybookers" was from this address: mb.reprezentative@consultant.com

Sender Information:
First name:Tomas
Last name :Hillt
Address : 11 Victoria St
City : London
PostalCode: SW1H 0
gold_y
NewBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Escrow Fraud