Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Postby Khillo81 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:42 am

Hi all!

I'm currently looking for an Apartment in Frankfurt and found a listing for a furnished Apartment on the legitimate website Immonet.de. The ridiculously cheap Price of 260 euros per month seemed too good to be true but I contacted the guy (Martin R) anyway. I woke up the next day to an email from Immonet.de warning me that this guy might not be a seroius landlord (I would like to laud Immonet for their vigilance). Around 30 minutes later, I received this email from Martin R (notice that it's in German now since I had written my message in the same language):

[quote][/Hallo,

Danke für Ihr Interesse , Ich kaufte diese Wohnung für meinen Sohn während seines Studiums , aber jetzt ist er wieder zu Hause in Großbritannien dauerhaft, so dass ich die Vermietung der Ort für unbegrenzte Zeit. Bevor wir weiter gehen, möchte ich etwas über Sie wissen , wie zB wie viele Personen Sie beabsichtigen, in der Wohnung leben, was ist Ihre Aufgabe? Wie alt bist du? und für wie lange Sie bleiben? Die Wohnung ist genau wie auf den Bildern, voll möbliert ausgestattet und renoviert in diesem Jahr. Auch sehr wichtige, die Versorgungsunternehmen: Wasser, Strom, Heizung, Gas, Internet, TV-Kabel, Spülmaschine, Müllabfuhr, sind im Preis von 260 Euro pro Monat inklusive und ich glaube, es bequem für uns beide ist. Alle Rechnungen werden von mir bezahlt werden und Sie nur das Geld für die Miete im Monat zahlen. Die Kaution ist auch 520 €, und Sie bekommen es zurück wenn Sie sich entscheiden, die Wohnung zu verlassen ( Sie haben mir mindestens 1 Monat Kündigungsfrist zu geben ). Sie können meine Möbel verwenden, oder Sie können auch Ihre eigenen verwenden, wenn Sie bevorzugen. Ich bin ein Neuro-Onkologie Arzt aus Großbritannien. Ich kann Vorkehrungen, um die Wohnung von hier aus schnell und einfach mieten machen . Ich freuen, bald von Ihnen zu hören.

Freundliche Grüße,quote]

Note the Absence of a signature at the end of the email. However, the gist is the same: the guy bought the Apartment for his son who's now back in Britain and the guy himself is a neurooncologist living there. Everything is available for the ludicrous Price of 260 euros (fully furnished, water, power, heating, gas, Internet, Cable, etc.). What tipped me off (well, would have tipped me off if I hadn't received the email from Immonet) was the email address: grunewaldmelanie07@hotmail.de. Googled it and arrived at this Forum. Wanted to add to the warnings of the other People here. Be very careful out there, People! Never send Money without seeing the Apartment with your own two eyes. Don't buy fish in the sea. Oh, yeah, I also wish more real estate Websites were like Immonet.de. Now the question that remains: should I reply to this guy and see whether I get the same Responses as those posted earlier?
Khillo81
NewBorn

Previous

Return to Escrow Fraud