Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Postby chris87 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 am

I was looking for an apartment in Munich, found this and thought it's too good to be true. As usual, they turn out not to be true.

Same story here and I started getting suspicious when the guy was inconveniently out of the country and took down the ad from the website the following day. Second alarm bell rang when the man, who claimed to be an Englishman had worse English than me, third and final bell rang when he mentioned MoneyBookers as a "international real estate company" which I know not to be the case.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply but like i told you the matter is that I'm in London/United Kingdom already. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 370€ + 650€ security deposit ( kaution ) = (1020€), with no extra taxes to pay.I must have one month rent + security deposit from you.You pay this money just for this time and every month you pay just 370€ . The money, I want to recive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. I am not interested to make a lot of money from the rent as I am interested to find a tenant that will take goof care of the property . Because didn't had time to find a trustworthy agent , don't have any friends in the area to send the keys .I found an alternate solution in order to close the transaction safe for the both of us ,a real estate company , it is an international real estate company called MoneyBookers Services.They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the Keys and Lease Agreement, Deposit request 370€ + 650€ (Security Deposit) . With this procedure you will be able o check the apartment before I receive the payment . Like a MoneyBookers company.
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter.
Friendly greetings from the London!
-------------------------------
Florian Fisher
Architect
285 Brompton Road
SW3 2DY, London, United Kingdom
Florian_fisher@yahoo.com
chris87
NewBorn

Postby rednarb11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:16 am

I received exacly the same emails regarding an appartment I found on the Danish site Den Blå Avis (dba.dk). Email address gabriel.atkins@outlook.com , name GABRIEL ATKINS Email 1 (received 21.04.13):
Good day,
I am Gabriel Atkins and I received an email of interest in my flat located in Nordre Frihavnsgade, 2100 København Ø. I am an British photojournalist and this apartment was bought while working there in Copenhagen on a 2 year contract, as I thought it would be a better investment than renting.
I wish to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible people and in order to do that I have to know a some details about you, like how many persons are you planning to live in the apartment, for how long, if you have a steady income, etc. I must tell you from the beginning that, I am very fond of pets and willing to accept them in the apartment(I am the proud owner of an english bulldog).
The apartment is the one in the pictures. The rent for 1 month is 6600 kr including all utilities. For the 1st month will be added a deposit of 13400 kr, so a total of 20000 kr must be paid for the first month. You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract) but not less than 2 months.
Now I'm in London, my home town and because I'm unable to travel there and I want to use the services of a company that can send someone in Copenhagen for you to see the apartment and to sign all the papers.
If you find this suitable, don't hesitate and get back to me and I will fill you in with more information regarding how we can move forward.
Best regards

Email 2 (received 22.04.2013):
Hi,
Thank you for your timely response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems.
Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using an Escrow Account from ebay (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/accept ... tml#escrow), to make sure that we can trust each other.
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.
Thank you
rednarb11
NewBorn

Postby Sharigan81 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi Guys,

This is happening in Brazil too, be carefull with this people. See the mail of them below:

De: Nadine Orest [mailto:nadineorest@hotmail.com]
Enviada em: terça-feira, 13 de agosto de 2013 10:20
Assunto: RE: Luciani quer saber mais sobre apartamento no bairro Vila Mariana para locação por R$ 900,00

Hello,

First of all I'm sorry to write you in English but i don't speak Portuguese. I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : R. Bagé, 163 - Vila Mariana, São Paulo, 04012-140, Brazil. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Brazil, but now she's back home (Manchester/UK) permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.
The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of R$900/month. ”seguro financeiro” is also R$900, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here, and i am too old to move to Brazil, so we won't disturb you.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Nadine Orest and I'm a 58 years old graphic designer from Manchester/UK, planning to retire in the next 2 years.
I have a lovely husband, Toder and a 25 year old daughter, Jessica. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandmother. Another member of our family is a 8 year old Labrador which we all love, so, I have no problem if you will keep pets.
The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Manchester even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from Manchester/UK (on my expense of course).

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

All the best from Manchester!
---------------------------------------
Nadine Orest
Department Manager in Graphic Design
nadineorest@hotmail.com
Sharigan81
NewBorn

Postby doxxx » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Same happened for flat in Düsseldorf. Emails from Frau dr. Klaudia Wagner email: klaudiawagner@hotmail.de

Hi there,

Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Moneybookers Escrow Account to make sure that we can trust each other.
Using Moneybookers escrow account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Moneybookers as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.Please click on the link to the Moneybookers website where you can find the procedure explained : https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN

Here is the procedure explained :

The Escrow Account Moneybookers works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Moneybookers. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month's rent + rental guarantee (265 + 530 = 795 Euro), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Moneybookers at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
You don't need to open an account with moneybookers because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
Then Moneybookers sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Moneybookers and you get your money back.
This will be in writing in the moneybookers contract I will sign.
The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
If you agree to move forward I can send you a copy of the rental contract in blank.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the moneybookers rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.

Be careful :x
doxxx
NewBorn

Postby msutt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:11 pm

I just had the same thing happen to me today. An apartment in Spain, Ibiza. Here are the details, if of use. The email of the person writing to me is: Alexandra Beleva <beleva222alexa@outlook.com>

Hello again,

I want to inform you that Moneybookers will hold the money until you will confirm to them that you like the apt and keep the keys. If you don't like it, you only have to return the keys to them after they will refund the money to you and they will deliver the keys back to me on my expense.
I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit one month of rent + security deposit - 900 EUR to Moneybookers Service - so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract. Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away.
I will explain to you step by step how this will work:

1 - To start this transaction i will need to know your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address ,ID ( identity card ) and phone number to proceed with this deal .
2 - I go to the Moneybookers Office and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
3 - Moneybookers will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4 - Moneybookers will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they checked it.
5 - At this point you will have to go to any Bank office and make a money transfer deposit on the Moneybookers bank account in UK assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed.
6 - After you make the bank transfer deposit you will have to send the infos about the money deposit to Moneybookers (scan paper from the transfer).
7 - Moneybookers will verify the payment informations and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
8 - After you receive the package, You will go and check the apt and in 2 days after you seen the apt you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if everything is in order you will instruct Moneybookers to release the funds to me. If you don't like the apt they will send your money back and you will send them the keys and the contract to them to return the package back to me on my expense.I will pay Moneybookers Service for the shipping and you will pay to the bank for the Money Transfer fees.Now i must know for sure if you agree because here are a lot of peoples interested to have this apartment rented and i want to know for sure what i must tell them. If you agree what i suggested i will tell them that my apartment is already rented and i will keep it for you. If you agree then i must have all the shipping details so i will be able to make all the arrangements for the Moneybookers delivery. very Important: Your money will be in safe in Moneybookers Company.

Thank you for your interest and wait news from you.

Alexandra Beleva
msutt
NewBorn

Postby powerade » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 am

I was looking for the flat in Copenhagen (not easy at all)
After few emails this is what I got:
" we have faced alot of issues with interested people that want to rent the place concerning sending keys to them and they never sent the keys back to us while the left the doors open and go away since they are yet ready to rent the place or telling us the rent is too much for them,my husband had to travel back to get the doors locked and bring back the keys.i hope you will undertsand this situation,that was why we prefered the exchange should to be done with skrill,so will both be at the safer side.if you are truly interested in renting the apartment and you have the money for the rent with you they would be of good choice for the exchange. If you are not familiar with this company service you can check (skrill) MoneyBookers website: http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow .With these service our keys are safe with you and your rent fee is safe with them without any problem and also to avoid every internet scam,that was why the service is available on the internet.we need to be sure you are ready and have money for the rent because we cant be booking for flight everytime to show the apartment to everybody and also you will also need to be sure that the apartment is available and see it before you will move in,that is why we have to use these agent services.i have already register with them,since i have make up my mind to use there service to complete our exchange and i have paid for there service and you dont have to pay to them(you will always have your money intact even though you are no longer interested in renting the place after seeing it)

I will explain to you step by step how this will work:

1 - i have already registered with the service and have handed over the keys of the apartment to them for the exchange(you dont have to register with them again,they will contact you once we have your information sent to them)

2 - you will have to get back to me with your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address to proceed with this deal(your full name and contact address where the keys will be delivered,along with your email address)

3 - (skrill) MoneyBookers will send to you a notification(through an email provided) to let you know what they have received and conditions attached

4 - You will also make the deposit ( first month and deposit ) to the (skrill) MoneyBookers

5 - (skrill) MoneyBookers will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will deliver the apartment keys and the contract to you by DHL or UPS and you will be able to receive it in 2 days.

6 - After you receive the package, you will check the apartment and you must contact them and tell them if you will KEEP the apartment or NOT. If all is in order you will confirm (skrill) MoneyBookers to release the money to me, if you don`t like the apartment you will send back the apartment keys with the rental contract, and they will refund your money back to you
"

it was sent from hamza murtaza <hamzaowo@gmail.com>

please be careful
powerade
NewBorn

Postby lasibylla » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:45 am

The same to me as I was looking for apartments in Ibiza. The price was too good for what they were offering. Also asking for this transaction with MoneyBookers.
One name was this Alexandra Beleva, it seems he/she uses many different E-Mail addresses.
Also it's obvious they use false photos too from the apartments.
Here, the last mail :

I am sorry but the transaction is possible only through the method I proposed you. I made a contract with the MoneyBookers Company, and I must respect it.
This is their system, the same as escrow ... you must send the money first to their secure account, and the money will be kept there until the end of the transaction. After that they will send an agent to meet you and show you the apartment. If you like it, and agree to rent, they will send me the money. So, it's simple and no risk for you
Nobody will come from UK to Spain without a proof of seriousness, and plus, this is how the MoneyBookers Company works, and I don't think they are going to change an entire system because one customer wants so.
Plus, I will have to pay first the commission in order to start the transaction - 450 EURO ( one rent month ). So, I don't want to lose that much money, plus a lot of time if I don't know for sure you are serious.
Any way, I have many customers interested, so it's not such a big loss for me if you decide not to follow my transaction. It is your decision.
Regards!

Everyone please beware and take much care, NO MONEY IN ADVANCE until one has seen the apartment etc.
Have a nice week !
lasibylla
NewBorn

Postby thaywood » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:14 pm

The scam is in Madrid, Spain as well. Here are the three emails that I received from three scammers:

SCAMMER 1: cn3hb-4520860711@hous.craigslist.org for this link to the housing: http://madrid.es.craigslist.es/apa/4520860711.html
Why craigslist: in USA you can find some neat deals and cheap housing/furniture on craigslist. It is a student's haven.

Hello ,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment located in:Calle guzman el bueno, 50 barrio gaztambide distrito chamberí 28015 madrid planta 2,Spain.
The apartment is exactly as seen in the pictures, fully furnished and ready to move in.
I have bought this apartment during my stay in SPAIN , i work as an engineer on offshore oilrigs.I am renting it because i have been relocated to an oilrig in the North Sea and i am based in United Kingdom so it can be rented for an unlimited period of time.
The utilities are all included in the price of 450 EURO/MONTH and the security deposit is also 450 EURO
Included in the renting price (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.)
Please let me know how many persons you intend to stay and for what period of time.
All renting arrangements we will be made through a real estate company since i am unable to leave the oilrig for the next 3 months.

Please get back to me if you are interested to rent the place so we can discuss further details.

Sorry I do no speak Spanish , hope we can communicate in English.

Thank you!

SCAMMER 2: cn3hb-4520860711@hous.craigslist.org for this link to the housing: http://madrid.es.craigslist.es/apa/4520860711.html

Email 1:
Hello ,Thank you for your interest in my apartment located in: plaza ciudad de salta 4 barrio colina distrito ciudad lineal madrid 28043 planta 3The apartment is exactly as seen in the pictures, fully furnished and ready to move in.I have bought this apartment during my stay in SPAIN , i work as an engineer on offshore oilrigs.I am renting it because i have been relocated to an oilrig in the North Sea and i am based in United Kingdom so it can be rented for an unlimited period of time.The utilities are all included in the price of EUR 390/MONTH and the security deposit is also EUR 390Included in the renting price (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.)Please let me know how many persons you intend to stay and for what period of time.All renting arrangements we will be made through a real estate company since i am unable to leave the oilrig for the next 3 months.Please get back to me if you are interested to rent the place so we can discuss further details.Sorry I do no speak Spanish so good , hope we can communicate in English.Thank You

Email 2:
Hello ,Thank you for your interest in my apartment located in:Calle guzman el bueno, 50 barrio gaztambide distrito chamberí 28015 madrid planta 2,Spain.The apartment is exactly as seen in the pictures, fully furnished and ready to move in.I have bought this apartment during my stay in SPAIN , i work as an engineer on offshore oilrigs.I am renting it because i have been relocated to an oilrig in the North Sea and i am based in United Kingdom so it can be rented for an unlimited period of time.The utilities are all included in the price of 450 EURO/MONTH and the security deposit is also 450 EUROIncluded in the renting price (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.)Please let me know how many persons you intend to stay and for what period of time.All renting arrangements we will be made through a real estate company since i am unable to leave the oilrig for the next 3 months.Please get back to me if you are interested to rent the place so we can discuss further details.Sorry I do no speak Spanish , hope we can communicate in English.Thank you!

SCAMMER 3: alexsaval2@outlook.com for this link to the housing: http://madrid.es.craigslist.es/apa/4532069563.html

Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in Manchester / UK already. Like I have inform you before , the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 390 EUR + 390 security deposit = (780 euro), with no extra taxes to pay .
I must have one month rent + security deposit from you.You pay this money just for this time and every month you pay just 390 euro . The money, I want to recive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. I am not interested to make a lot of money from the rent as I am interested to find a tenant that will take goof care of the property . Because didn't had time to find a trustworthy agent , don't have any friends in the area to send the keys . I found an alternate solution in order to close the transaction safe for the both of us , a real estate company , it is an international real estate company called Moneybookers Services , please visit (http://www.moneybookers.com orhttps://www.skrill.com/en/) . They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the Keys and Rental Agreement, Deposit request 390 Euro + 390 Euro (Security Deposit) . With this procedure you will be able o check the apartment before I receive the payment .
Like a escrow company. Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter.

Also, very important, the utilities (old/hot water, electricity, wireless Internet, digital TV, 2 parking spots in garage, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the rent price. I know from some good students is so hard to get a good place and more cheap to study and for a simple and a big family, young people, price of crisis, I am ready to offer you the flat to rent for 1800Euro six months or 3500 Euro 1
full year, if doesn't matter this great offer, is available only now, we'll stay on 390 Euro montly plus kaution warranty deposit, total will come 780 Euro. Hope you will be able to choose one of them.
thaywood
NewBorn

Postby Krpec » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:08 pm

Guys be aware of scammer using name Alexander Mendel.
I replied to offer, which was supposed to be in Frankfurt. I wrote him via immobilienscout24.de page, but the offer looked really good to me, so I somehow looked him up, found his email address fefelix17@flirt.ms on some appartment listing site and I wrote him directly. I did it today in early morning at around 4 am, when I woke up at 11 the advert has already been taken down. In about 30 min I got a mail as response to mail sent from immobilienscout24.de which looked just weird. In about 20 min afterwards I got a response from the mail sent directly under name Alexander Mendel but the reply came from grunewaldmelanie07@hotmail.de and it was the exact email as the one in this thread. I will copy it:
Hi there,

Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Skrill Escrow Account to make sure that we can trust each other.
Using Skrill escrow account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Skrill as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.Please click on the link to the Skrill website where you can find the procedure explained : https://www.skrill.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN

Here is the procedure explained :

The Escrow Account Skrill works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Skrill. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month's rent + rental guarantee (260 + 520 = 780 Euro), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Skrill at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
You don't need to open an account with Skrill because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
Then Skrill sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Skrill and you get your money back.
This will be in writing in the Skrill contract I will sign.
The Skrill fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
If you agree to move forward I can send you a copy of the rental contract in blank.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the Skrill rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.

Have a good day!

Looked so fake, I looked up his name and came across this website http://wohnungsbetrug.blogspot.de/2015/ ... 26788.html and I realized I got the same reply to the email sent from apartment listing website immobilienscout24.

Check it out

Don't trust to anything what looks to good to be true
Krpec
NewBorn

Postby mirko » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:52 am

Beware of this Maria Lukashova. She presents herself as a polish lady. Her email is lukashova.maria73@gmail.com
She also has a very bad english. I hope this info helps someone the way it helped me. :)
mirko
NewBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Escrow Fraud