Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Postby lightfair » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm

imba99 wrote:Now, dont they have to personally go to the newsagent or post office where they are asking us to send the money? Cause I would mind crossing my arms for a day at that cornershop waiting for these mofos to come around pick some up...and I am a extremelly peacefull guy....or used to be!

Actually the money could be picked up from almost any office in the target country; in addition those gangs usually employ "arrows" - people that are only there to pick up the money (while the guy running the fake ads is sitting elsewhere).
lightfair
Master

Postby lightfair » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm

ola.warsaw wrote:The same thing is happening in Warsaw, the guy's name is Alan Replo!!!

I'm glad you didn't fall for this. Please post the email address used by "Alan Replo".
lightfair
Master

Postby MsAnna » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Yes, the same thing is happening in Warsaw. I was ready to send the money and accidently foun this site. Here are the e-mails:

Hello ,

My name is Erik Webber and I received your email of interest for the rental of my apartment located in Wilcza 2, 00-478 Warsaw. I am a research engineer for a pharmaceutical company and I bought the apartment while working on a 4 year contract in Warsaw as an alternative to renting . I the only owner of the apartment , the apartment is paid in full and with no legal problems . The apartment is not inhabited since I am no longer living in Poland. You could be my second tenants . My intention is to rent the apartment to nice , clean people and in order to do that I would like to know a little something about you , like how many persons do you intend to live in my apartment,do you have a steady income ,etc . I must tell you from the beginning that I don't have a problem if you are a student and I don't have a problem with pets (I own a little dog myself) and I appreciate sincerity .
Also here is a little something about the apartment and myself so we can get to know each other. The apartment is the one in the pictures but the furniture has been moved into my private storage room . If you don't have furniture I can take it back with no extra costs for you . The rent for 1 month is 1800 Zl(for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, private washing machine). You can rent the flat for any period of time (open end contract).
About myself, I am 54 years old and as I told you I am a research engineer for pharmaceutical products , currently living in Liverpool , my home town . You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m already in Liverpool but I hope that we shall find a solution.

Thank you for your interest and looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship.

Best regards,

Erik Webber

Hi Arek,

Thank you very much for your reply and for your willingness to rent the apartment . I agree to rent the apartment to you if you are still interested , of course . I promise you that you will love the place.
Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing any other details because you can't rent an apartment that you haven't seen . Since I removed the furniture from the apartment I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see if you like it or not .
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys , inter-phone , alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me) , will be made through an authorized courier and using a Moneybookers Escrow Account to make sure that we can trust each other .
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.

Erik

Hi again,

The viewing procedure using the Moneybookers escrow blocked account involves 3 parties : me as the home owner , you as the prospective tenant and Moneybookers as a licensed third party responsible for good development of the transaction . The Moneybookers Escrow Blocked account is like the blocked account where you pay the damage deposit when you rent an apartment except that instead of a bank we will use Moneybookers .Of course , nobody can touch this money until you return the keys .The value of the deposit is equal to the first month of rent and must be paid for the activation of the Blocked Account .
The delivery for the package will be made using an authorized courier like Pegasus , DHL , Federal Express , UPS and the package will be sent by Moneybookers to your home address .
You must know that in case the keys in the package shall not correspond to the apartment keys you will receive three times the value of the security deposit from Moneybookers out of my Security
Deposit fund that I have with Moneybookers .
In order to initiate the procedure I will need the following information from you :
-Shipping address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and the name of the receiver
-Arrival Schedule ( when you will be home to receive the package and sign for the receipt)
-Telephone number in case of any emergencies .
You have 14 days to inspect the apartment since the arrival date .
If you want to keep the apartment I will set up the open end (3 month notice) contract from here with your information , I will sign it and I will send it to you . You have to sign it and send it back to me . -If you do not keep the apartment, you give the keys/contract back to moneybookers and you collectthe security deposit . This will be in writing in the moneybookers contract I will sign. The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when i will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you will have to pay the moneybookers agent. I will wait your soon reply and if you agree, i will need your full name, shipping address and your daytime phone number and i will initiate the moneybookers transaction.

Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.

Erik

I just can't believe that this kind of people exist.
MsAnna
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Could you also please post the email address used by "Erik Webber" (he most certainly has a different name in reality)?

Thanks,

lightfair
lightfair
Master

Postby MsAnna » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:42 pm

MsAnna
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks.
lightfair
Master

Postby fondor2 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Here is another one, this time located in Zurich, Switzerland:

Name: Emma Waltz
Email used: emmawaltz@gmx.ch
fondor2
NewBorn

Postby Teufelchen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 am

I denounced this to the spanish police (FAX) last night, because in the google map the appartment looked different (windows), I am glad I found this today :mrgreen:
Teufelchen
NewBorn

Postby Sproet » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 am

Hello from Belgium where they also invaded the housing market!

Scott Hayward [scotthayw@hotmail.com]

Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in Manchester already. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for first 2 months of rent will be 640euro, with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to recive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called MoneyBookers which is similar to FedEx or UPS, which will handle both payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys of it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow to the MoneyBookers website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained: https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=EN
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter.

My mum received three e-mails; I just wanted to see if he also responded to my e-mail, even though he already took it of the housing website!
Sproet
NewBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Escrow Fraud