Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Is this a fraud using moneybookers escrow?

Postby Vesna » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:26 am

Me too, I've been stupid enough to lose the money. It was Susana Patew from Hill Drive 4 in London. I called the London Police as the money was wired to London by Western Union, I talked to a really nice person dealing with internet fraud, but he explained that the names and addresses are probably false. I sent them information through the internet form, but they sent me back the massage that I should contact the police in Spain (I wanted to rent an apartment in Spain) and that they have no people with those names in the register. I didn't bother with it, as I know that the spanish police won't deal with this, but it would be helpful if the person who spoke to the 'husband' of 'Susana Patew' could inform me what was the phone number, it might be helpful. If anyone else wants to report them (not that it would do any good, but anyway), you can do it online here: https://online.met.police.uk/

I also contacted the website where I've seen the ad, to warn them that it's a fraud, but the ad is still there. Obviously, nobody cares...
Vesna
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 pm

What email addresses are involved????
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vesna » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:04 am

She contacted me from email susanapatew@hotmail.com and the "MoneyBookers" moneybookers@confirmation-transation.com
Vesna
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:35 am

thanks!!
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LightArtisan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Another one here. I was looking for an apartment in Las Palmas, Spain, and find this ad:

http://www.pisosyalquiler.com/anuncio/a ... r&id=27376

It seems really good, so I contacted "Anna" via email. You can read the conversation below, if you want to know how they work. I was sure that I was in a legal and fair deal, but my luck was that I've no money just this afternoon, or I'll lost it. I checked the name and the moneybookers.com references and find nothing, so I go ahead with the transaction.
Now, "she" is waiting for the money and I've no apt. But I keep the money, so I'm a lucky one.

Vesna: The ad has a phone number, I don't know if it's real, but here is:

Email: anna67q@gmail.com
Cell: 641 110 892
Moneybooker: m-bookers@instruction.com

Sender Information:
First name: Anna
Last name: Esteban
Address: Hill Drive 4
City: London
Zip Code: SW16 4NP

MoneyBookers Agent Details:
First name: James
Last name: Carson
Address: 75 Fulham Road
City/State: London
PostalCode: SW6 5HY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2009/7/16
Subject: Re: Alquiler de Piso en Las Palmas, http://www.pisosyalquiler.com/anuncio/a ... r&id=27376

Hello,
Thank you for your interest.My name is Anna Esteban and from the internet add you could see, that the apartment located in: C / León y Castillo 17, 35003 Palmas de Gran Canaria (las), Las Palmas.
It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 living room (75m2).

I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in United Kingdom will be about 5 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 8 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.
The apartment is furnished, but I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs). The rent for 1 month is 360 EUR (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a solution.
Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

~Anna,
P.S. Please tell me if this is what are you looking for and reply my only if you are truly interested in the apt

-----

Hi again,

Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in United Kingdom already. Like I informed you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 360 EUR, with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to receive it monthly into my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast.
I left the keys and contract of the apartment, already signed by me, at a company called http://www.moneybookers.com . They will handle the transaction (payment and delivery for us ).
We will use this company just for this time so we can trust each other.

Please let me know if you are still interested to rent my apartment.
Thanks,

-----

Hi,
If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact http://www.moneybookers.com and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.
I will need your full name and address for that. You will receive a notification from Money Bookers.com after that with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well. Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to pay the money for the deposit to a Money Bookers Agent from United Kingdom. They will hold and insure your money until you will inspect and check the apartment and decide if you want to rent it or not. This is how their buyer protection policy works. As far as my concerns, I will be glad to know that Money Bookers has the possession of the money during the delivery period. This is my assurance.
As soon as the funds have been deposited into their account, they will immediately start the shipping process.
The keys and the rental contract will be delivered at your address in no more than 24 hours. You will have ten days inspection period from the day you receive the keys and at your home. If you decide to rent the apartment , then you will have to authorize Money Bookers to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the apartment , you will be able to send it back through the same service with no costs and ask Money Bookers to return the funds to you.
Though I am sure you will love the apartment , it is good to know that you do have this second option available. If you wish to proceed with buying the sax like this, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through Money Bookers right away.
Now I will need your full name and address to provide the details to the MoneyBookers Escrow agency. You will receive a notification from Money Bookers.com shortly after that, with all the instructions.
Thank you

----------

Hi again Enrique,

I registered our transaction with MoneyBookers today. Have you received their notification?

thanks,

---------

Hi Enrique,

I will wait your soon reply as soon as payment is done.

thanks,

[You can wait 'till Hell freeze, SoB!!!]
LightArtisan
NewBorn

Postby descer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi all,

I m interested in renting a flat and a few days ago, i saw this ad,
http://madrid.loquo.com/ps/vivienda/pis ... ng/4234795

The modus operandi is the same that above messages. The lender live out of Spain and he prefers to rent by moneybookers.com .

I sent a email to webmaster.

Nice to see this webpage.

Email address uses the thief is: togpermd@hotmail.com

I attach below the original ad and all replay from the lender.

Best regards
Descer

--------------------------- 2º correo recibido del estafador ---------------------

To: Me
Date:

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for your reply, but the main thing is that I am
already in United Kingdom. As I informed earlier, the price paid
for a month's rent will be 400 euros, without taxes pay.The extra
money I receive every month in my bank account, so I hope it is
nothing to prevent the wire the money to my bank account. The
apartment is ready for you, you need only receive the keys and the
contract to check and see if you like.
I left the keys and the housing contract, and signed by me,
in a company called http://www.moneybookers.com. Which will handle the
transaction (payment and delivery for us).
We will use this company just for this time so that we can trust
each other.
I need your full name and address to. You will receive a
notification MoneyBookers.com shortly after that, with all
instructions and keep the bill as well. Regarding payment, you will
be instructed to deposit the money for rent (400 euros / month -
first month's rent) to an agent of United Kingdom MoneyBookers.
Will take place and ensure their money until they inspect and check
the apartment and decide if you want to rent or not. This is how
the policy of protecting the buyer of his works. As far as my
concerns, I am glad to know that MoneyBookers has possession of the
money during the delivery period. That is my insurance.
As soon as the funds have been deposited in your account,
which will begin the shipping process.
The lease and the keys will be delivered to your address in
no more than 2 days. You will be given a period of ten days of
inspection from the date of receiving the keys and contract at
home. If you decide to keep the floor, then you have to
MoneyBookers authorized to release the funds to me, and the
transaction is completed. If you are not happy with the apartment,
you can send the keys and the contract by the same service without
the costs and ask MoneyBookers to return the funds to you.
Although I am sure you will love the apartment, it's good to
know that you have this second option. If you want to continue
renting the apartment, please give me your full name and address so
you can start the transaction through MoneyBookers away.
Now to start this transaction I need your full name and
address to provide details in the agency. You will receive a
notification MoneyBookers.com shortly after that, with all
instructions.

Thank you very much, Tory

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------- Primer correo respuesta del estafador -------------------

To: Me
Date:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. My name is Tory Richards and
from the internet add, you could see, that the loft located in:
Parade Castellana 193, District of Tetuán, Neighbourhood of
Almenara, Madrid, 28046 . It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms 100 m²
Useful.Unfurnished, exterior, sunny apartment for rent in iconic
building at the Plaza de Castilla. 2 suite- like bedrooms with
their own luxury bathrooms and plenty of built- in closets. Fully
equipped kitchen with space for informal dinette. Large living room
with space for entertainment area and dining room. 24 hour doorman.
3 metro lines and over 15 buses at the door.
I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible,
because my company has won the auction for a project, in
construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United
Kingdom. I am a engineer, so my accommodation period in United
Kingdom will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 months
up to 1-8 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this
period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my
apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.
The apartment is unfurnished. The rent for 1 month is 400 EUR
(for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water,
electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning,
dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can
move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only
problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope
that we will find a solution.
Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to
hearing from you soon.

Tory Richards
P.S. Please tell me if this is what are you looking for and reply
my only if you are truly interested in the apartment also pets are
welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
400 € - Piso en Plaza de Castilla Building

Fecha: Lunes, 20 de julio de 2009 00:19
281 personas han visto este anuncio

Sin amueblar, exterior, soleado, piso en alquiler en el icónico edificio en la Plaza de Castilla. 2 dormitorios suite, como con sus propios baños de lujo y un montón de armarios empotrados. Cocina totalmente equipada con espacio para comedor informal. Gran sala de estar con espacio para zona de ocio y comedor. Portero 24 horas. 3 líneas de metro y más de 15 autobuses en la puerta.
109 m² construidos, 100 m² útiles
Orientación Oriente
Calefacción individual de Electricidad
Agua caliente individual de Electricidad
aire acondicionado de aire acondicionado / calefacción
Fachada de vidrio
Edad Entre 5 y 10 años
Piso 8 de 11
9 residentes por residentes en el piso 99 del edificio
2 dormitorios
2 baños y 2 aseos
9 armarios incorporados en
Terraza principal No disponible
Pisos hechos de suelos Normal

Id#: M4234795 [?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by descer on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
descer
NewBorn

Postby menina » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:46 am

Simply wanted to add to the discussion that the same happened to me in Barcelona. Lucky me, I sensed the scam (no money lost).

email involved:
judithkr1@hotmail.com

first message:
Hello,
Thank you for your interest.My name is Judith Kruger and from the internet add, you could see, i have available the apartment located in: C / Torrent de l´olla 67 , Planta 3 , 08012 Barcelona ( Gràcia ). It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room (75m2 ).
I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in Manchester, UK . I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in Manchester will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 months upto 1-8 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.
The apartment is furnished, but I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs). The rent for 1 month is 550 EUR (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a solution.

Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Judith Kruger
P.S. Please tell me if this is what are you looking for and reply my only if you are truly interested in the apt.

second message:
Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in Manchester already. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 550 EUR, with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to recive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called MoneyBookers which is similar to FedEx or UPS, which will handle both payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys of it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment. Please click on the link bellow to the MoneyBookers website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained: https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&l=ES
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter.
Judith

third message:
I want to inform you that MoneyBookers will hold the money until you will confirm to them that you like the apt and keep the keys. If you don't like it, you only have to return the keys to them after they will refund the money to you and they will deliver the keys back to me on my expense.
I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen. You will only have to deposit to MoneyBookers Service the first month of rent - 550 EUR - so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract.
Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain to you step by step how this will work:
1 - To start this transaction i will need to know your full shipping information, full name, full shipping address to proceed with this deal .
2 - I go to the MoneyBookers Office and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
3 - MoneyBookers will check the envelope to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
4 - MoneyBookers will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they checked it.
5 - At this point you will have to go to a WesternUnion Agent Location and make a money transfer deposit on the MoneyBookers agent name in Manchester assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed, the total amount you shall deposit is for the first month of rent.
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the infos about the money deposit to MoneyBookers (MTCN#, sender's name and address)
7 - MoneyBookers will verify the payment informations and if everything is in order they will deliver the Keys and the contract to you .
8 - After you receive the package, You will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not, if everything is in order you will instruct MoneyBookers to release the funds to me.
If you don't like the apt they will send your money back and you will send them the keys and the contract to them to return the package back to me on my expense.I will pay MoneyBookers Service for the shipping and you will pay WesternUnion for the Money Transfer fees.Now i must know for sure if you agree because here are a lot of peoples interested to have this apartment rented and i want to know for sure what i must tell them. If you agree what i suggested i will tell them that my apartment is already rented and i will keep it for you. If you agree then i must have all the shipping details so i will be able to make all the arrangements for the MoneyBookers delivery.
Thank you for your interest and wait news from you.
Judith

At this point it was quite obvious, yet I knew I could confirm if the apartment was for real since I currently live in the same neighborhood. Double-checking on the internet was faster.

REMEMBER: THE BUYER IS THE ONE WHO SUGGESTS THE PAYMENT METHOD (WESTERN UNION OR SOMETHING ELSE).

Indeed, nothing like the internet for both, evil and good. THIS WEBSITE DOES THE GOOD!
menina
NewBorn

moneybookers rent scam

Postby bobo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:45 pm

hi,
i had a similar rent offer which was a scam:

the flat was in Vienna this time, the fake landlady introduced herself as Melissa Morgan, Civil engineer (melissamorgan5@hotmail.com).
I found the flat on here: http://housing.justlanded.com/en/Austri ... T-XX-LARGE

and here is the suspicious email (this is the second message I got, the first email looked ok and wasn't suspicious):

Hi again,

There is assigned a parking spot at the basement, it's a private secured parking garage. There is a washing machine and dryer in the apartment.

The apartment will be ready for you (already furnished, new duvets, covers, blankets and everything), you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it.

Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order to do that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast. I left the keys and contract of the apartment, already signed by me, at a company called MoneyBookers http://www.moneybookers.com They will handle the transaction (payment and delivery for us).
We will use this company just for this time so we can trust each other.

Please let me know if you are still interested to rent my apartment and if so, i will be in contact with Moneybookers to initiate the exchange procedure (keys and legal documents / security deposit).

Just so you understand, this is the procedure:

-You give me your name and address and I will contact moneybookers, and make all the arrangements for the transaction to be set up.
-Moneybookers contacts you and gives you instructions
-You pay moneybookers agent assigned with our transaction the amount of EUR 1080 (the EUR 360 will be returned to you if everything is in order with the apartment after your leaving).
-Monkeybookers sends you keys and contract
-You have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date.
-If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there
-If you do not keep the apartment, you give the keys/contract back to moneybookers and you get your money back.

This will be in writing in the moneybookers contract i will sign.

The MoneyBookers fees will be paid by me when i will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you will have to pay the moneybookers agent.
I will wait your soon reply and if you agree, i will need your full name, shipping address and your daytime phone number and i will initiate the moneybookers transaction.

Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Melissa

> Melissa Morgan wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thank you for your interest. My name is Melissa and from the internet
> > add you could see, the apartment is located in: 2 Rotgasse, Rotgasse,
> > Vienna, 1010. It has Furnishing Apartment X-large: Vestibule with
> > wardrobe Completely equipped kitchen 1 Living room with pull-out sofa
> > (160x200) and 2 beds 2 bedrooms (double bed) Suitcase rack Wardrobe in
> > living room and bedroom 1 bathroom (shower, bath tub) extra toilett.
> >
> > I am looking for someone to live in it because my company has won the
> > auction for a project, in constructions, for a building that will rise
> > up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my
> > accommodation period in United Kingdom will be about 5 years. I`m the
> > owner of the apt and it's like in the pics. The minimum lease term is
> > 3 months up to 5 years.
> >
> > The apartment is furnished, but I have the option of sending all my
> > furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs).
> > The rent for 1 month is 720 EUR (for the whole apartment) including
> > all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air
> > conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator).
> > You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The
> > only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope
> > that we will find a solution. The requested deposit is for 1 1/2
> > months of rent (Euros 1080)
> >
> > Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from
> > you soon.
> >
> > Melissa
> > <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/>
>
bobo
NewBorn

Postby 2good2btru » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:32 am

Thank you, I have been searching all morning to try and find out if this post I found on realestate.com.au was a fake or not, and my boyfriend and I situation is obviously very similar.
This guy Mark Reid claimed that he was living in London after winning some contract thing to build something in the UK and that he was renting his "apartment" (even though in the picture it clearly showed a house) fully furnished with all new stuff. And I googled it, found the house with a big "FOR SALE" sign out the front. We had figured before I started looking into it, that it was a fraud as it seemed to good to be true, but he kept emailing and pushing that we send the money quickly through these moneybooker people. He wouldnt send the contract until we had given the money "to Ryan Petro" (which I looked up the apparent address of 75 Fulham Road London SW6 5HY UK) I rang the website I found it on, and they said it sounded like a scam and took it down.
His details were:

[moneybookers agent]
Ryan Petro
75 Fulham Road
London
SW6 5HY

[sender information]
Mark Reid
5 Londsdale Square
London
N1 1EN

The email address was:
markreid22@hotmail.com

Its a shame because it was a really nice place.
thanks
2good2btru
NewBorn

Postby somepeoplesuck » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 am

EXACTLY the same system still being scamto scam money through MONEYBOOKERS and WESTERN UNION. Used by Elsa Mendez, elsmndz@hotmail.com and Herbert Materson, herbertmaterson@yahoo.es both in London suddenly for work, both from Spain, both wanting to rent their apartments via escrow, both using the website www.habitamos.com
somepeoplesuck
NewBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Escrow Fraud