Escrow.com Fraud

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Escrow.com Fraud

Postby leary » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:43 am

Thanks for your reply. After some further on line investigation I came across a blog site that had posted the exact email I had received from this person. I had answered an ad from gumtree. This email had come from a response to an ad on craigslist. I can't post the email I sent to this person as the language I used was rather quite explicit but I called him out on his fraud (in so many words). The email I received back from him this morning was something to the tune of "catch me if you can..." I have already reported this to the fraud's department at escrow.com. Wish there was something more I could do to warn people. Can I post his name and an alias I found on this board as well as the email I received from him?
leary
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:24 am

Hello leary;

a name is just a name (and it's very likely fake anyway); on the other hand many of the scammers use the same fake name again and again.

To avoid any confusion you might want to phrase it like "he uses the name ..." or something like this.

The email address, the alias used and the whole email (if possible with complete headers or "long headers" are definitely useful; please post them here.
lightfair
Master

Postby leary » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:47 am

Here you go.

The first email:

To: <xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Reply to your "2005 Isuzu 4.8 litre diesel turbo, automatic" Ad on Gumtree
Date: Sunday, March 01, 2009 12:32 PM

Hello ,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding my vehicle.
The vehicle is in perfect working condition i'm the only owner and it has 2009 Rego so you will have no problem registering and licensing the vehicle.
I've worked in Australia for the past 3 years and since the birth of my son in January 2009 i came home to Italy.
The vehicle is in Australia at DAS freight department and i have full access(i can deliver the vehicle anywhere in Australia).
I will arrange delivery on my cost to your home address and you will have a 5 days period for inspection.
The total price includes (stamp duty, registration, transfer fee, and insurance).
We can use an escrow agreement to facilitate payment so that we both can be 100 % protected.
http://www.escrow.com/solutions/escrow/process.asp
I will also supply some more pictures as soon as i get home from work.
If you are interested,please reply with the following information's in order to arrange shipping at DAS freight department:
-Your full name ;
-Full delivery address(with postal code);

Regards ,

Second email:

To: "xxxxx xxxxx" <xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com>
Subject: 2005 Isuzu 4.8 litre diesel turbo, automatic" Ad on Gumtree
Date: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:40 AM

Hello ,

I have attached some more photos in this e-mail in order for you to have a better view of the vehicle.
The total cost will be Aud  $ 8,000 (freight included )and in 4 days the vehicle will be delivered.

Since the vehicle is currently registered and have 2009 Rego you will not have to pay any taxes and also won't have any problems registering it under your name.
I will sign the transfer papers from here and there after your 5 days of inspection period , your local escrow representatives will make the purchase papers .
Let me explain you how the deal works.The deal will be made using escrow vehicle purchase department so we can be both be 100% protected.
I will wire the vehicle in your name and address and forward the details to escrow in order to handle the transaction.

After that you will have to confirm the payment into escrow system in order for the freight process to begin and the vehicle will leave the storage area .

The vehicle will be delivered directly to your address in the presence of escrow agents located in your area.

In order to proceed please provide me the following information's in order to make freight arrangements:

-Your full name ;
-Full address(with postal code);

Regards Bruno,

(On the second email, he included a ton of very nice photos and one of the photos actually showed the tag number)

Third email after I called him out on his fraud (I've x'd out his profanity):

To: "xxxxx xxxxx" <xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 2005 Isuzu 4.8l.....
Date: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 6:27 PM

aham ok !

Try to come in Nigeria i will xxxx you all up !!!!!

Mc Hammer-can't touch this !!

He defintiely has cheek. I hope more people access this site and this information can be helpful.
Cheers

leary
NewBorn

Postby erinandmark » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 am

Well, im glad i googled this before I went any further, thank you for taking the time to write about this and make others aware! What a wanker!! When it sounds to good to be true, it usually is!
erinandmark
NewBorn

Postby peg » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 am

erinandmark wrote:Well, im glad i googled this before I went any further, thank you for taking the time to write about this and make others aware! What a wanker!! When it sounds to good to be true, it usually is!

What exactly did you google that brought you here? http://escrow.com is a legitimate site, you just need to be careful that you don't get caught in on that is a "Look-a-like" or worse yet one that re-directs you to their site via a HOSTS file change (see http://www.escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page=hosts for more details on that).

Either way, I am glad that you didn't take an offer at face value and decided to check on it first. Even if it is legit, it's always better (in these cases) to err on the side of caution.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Escrow Fraud