Escrow Emails

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Escrow Emails

Postby westporter » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:36 am

Here is the transaction from beginning to end:

BUYER on 10-07-05
Item: 2.51 CT BRILLIANT DIAMOND WEDDING RING
This message was sent while the listing was active.
hadwigjaegareverlast is a potential buyer.

There has been a while since I haven't seen something as special as this. Buying this will be money well spent. You have a buyer for sure if it doesn't has any visible wear marks. My name is Jaegar Hadwig from Hadwig EverLast.co , half-owner of an small jewery and watches shop in Estepona, Spain.
We use UPS all the time and we have never been disappointed with their results so we would choose the fastest way UPS Express? as the shipping carrier.
Can you provide me your final buy it now price?
We also would like to know if you are able to ship to Spain and if you would accept safe payment using a secure escrow service that will handle our transaction in a profesional way and with me taking care of the fees and insurance.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Our best regards and a nice day.

SELLER on 10-7-05

Thank you Jaegar - The piece has no wear marks. I bought it for my wife last winter in St. Crouix, Virgin Islands and she hardly wore it. It is in beautiful condition.

I will accept the $26,900 only as a Buy it Now price. The appraisal is for $39K.

I have absolutely no problem accepting payment from an escrow service as long as the payment is verified by my personal banker and in my account.

Please bid on the piece and we will conduct business as you specified.

BUYER on 10-10-05Hello again Mr. xxxxxxx,

You can register on http://www.suncro.com and set up your account if you are not registered already.
You can initiate the transaction.26,900 USD plus 600 USD expenses like escrow fees and shipping taxes so you can set the transaction price to 27,500 USD.
In order to initiate the transaction you need my ID :
JaegarHadwig@frominter.net (the user ID is the same with the mail address),
so you can use it as counterpart.
Remember to add the shipping taxes and the escrow fees.
Here is my name, address and phone # :
Name : Jaegar Hadwig
City : Estepona Spain
Phone # : +34 647 988 756

I'll wait for your reply and transaction.

Kind regards. Respectfully yours,

Jaegar Hadwig

ESCROW CONFIRMATION EMAIL ON 10-10-05
(I xxx'd out confidential data to protect my friend)

Dear xxxxxxx

Suncro.com welcomes you among its members.
As of 11:34 PM Monday, October 10 2005. your account is functional.

You have provided the following information when registering with us

::: Personal Info :::
Name: xxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxx
Company:
E-Mail: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com
City: xxxxx
Zip/Postal Code: xxxxx
State/Region: xx
Primary phone: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
Secondary phone:

::: Web access Info :::
Username: xxxxx@yahoo.com
Password: xxxxxx
Secret Question: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Secret Answer: xxxxxxx

(Please write down your webaccess info)
Please do not reply to this mail.

If you wish to modify any of the information you provided, you may do
so by logging in to your account and choosing 'Personal Info' from the
'Members' menu.
The IP of the computer requesting this registration is 67.150.91.228.

If this account was registered by another person impersonating you,
please contact us immediately at support@Suncro.com to remove it.

With regards, Suncro.com Team.

BUYER on 10-11-05
Hello again Mr xxxxxxxx ,

I've already sent the money to the escrow company as you can see if you check your escrow account. I just received the confirmation. Our transaction has been upgraded to level 3.
Please ship the ring as soon as you can using the fastest way from UPS or FedEx and mark the package as "jewelry sample" and put a 10-15 USD value on it because if you are not going to do this, the package will be kept in the custom check up to 6 days and I will have to pay 30% customs so the ring will be too expensive for me. Also do not put any invoice in the package. Here are the shipping informations :
Address : Avenida Espana
Edif. Neptuno 4 Piso 8D
Zip 29680
Estepona
Spain
I want you to know that in case something goes wrong with the package during shipping, you'll receive the money for it. Anyway, don't worry because I've insured our transaction through the escrow company! So if the ring is lost, no one will lose anything! You will get the money for it and I will get my money back.The escrow company offers free insurance for packages in transit if FedEx, UPS, DHL, DPD courier is used. This service is included free of charge. You can find all about it at http://www.suncro.com/legal.htm at Miscellaneous section. The insurance is made at the transaction price value so our transaction is insured for 27,500 USD.

Also don't forget to send the shipping informations to the escrow company and to me as well so I can track the package.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards. Sincerely yours,

Jaegar Hadwig

SO WE COMPLETED THE ESCROW ACCOUNT FORM AND GOT ANOTHER EMAIL FROM THE BUYER on 10-11-05
Hello again Mr xxxxxxx ,

I've already sent the money to the escrow company as you can see if you check your escrow account. I just received the confirmation. Our transaction has been upgraded to level 3.
Please ship the ring as soon as you can using the fastest way from UPS or FedEx and mark the package as "jewelry sample" and put a 10-15 USD value on it because if you are not going to do this, the package will be kept in the custom check up to 6 days and I will have to pay 30% customs so the ring will be too expensive for me. Also do not put any invoice in the package. Here are the shipping informations :
Address : Avenida Espana
Edif. Neptuno 4 Piso 8D
Zip 29680
Estepona
Spain
I want you to know that in case something goes wrong with the package during shipping, you'll receive the money for it. Anyway, don't worry because I've insured our transaction through the escrow company! So if the ring is lost, no one will lose anything! You will get the money for it and I will get my money back.The escrow company offers free insurance for packages in transit if FedEx, UPS, DHL, DPD courier is used. This service is included free of charge. You can find all about it at http://www.suncro.com/legal.htm at Miscellaneous section. The insurance is made at the transaction price value so our transaction is insured for 27,500 USD.

Also don't forget to send the shipping informations to the escrow company and to me as well so I can track the package.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards. Sincerely yours, Jaegar Hadwig

THEN I GOT HOME AFTER UPS'ing THE RING TO SPAIN AND THE BUYER WROTE:

Hello again Mr. xxxxxxx,

I will wait for your reply and please don't forget about "jewelry sample" and to put 10-15 USD value on it. Also don't forget not to put any invoice in the package. I think that you still remember what happened in Madrid and since then our customs are very strict so if you are not going to mark it as "jewelry sample" they will make me pay 30% customs and that is about 9,000 USD. On the other part they will keep the package checking 6-7 days at least.

I am thanking you in advance. Best regards. Sincerely yours,

Jaegar Hadwig

Still the red lights were not on - why? I think it's because i couldn't spot the scam. I never had problems with online companies before. I'm scared - No, TERRIFIED that i've been responsible for this scam to my friend.

I also received other emails from potential buyers. Do I list them here? What can be done to STOP THIS???
westporter
Infant

Return to Escrow Fraud