www.traders-square.com - -> Fraud!!

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

www.traders-square.com - -> Fraud!!

Postby hufris99 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:28 pm

Hello people!

I'm from the U.K and was scammed by an ebay member (john20024) on http://www.traders-square.com for £2600 worth of goods + £110 shipping cost :(

Shipped out goods to an address in Spain, to a person called Fernando Maroco without receiving a single penny. His details:

email: maroco@mailtfp.com and then later changed it to fernandomaroco@yahoo.com .... (it should have hit me then as to why he randomly changed his email address.)

FERNANDO MAROCO
C/ALONDRA NR. 8 2F
29630 ARROYO DE LA MIEL
MALAGA
SPAIN.

I've already been to the address in Spain to try and find this guy. Now theres a spanish couple that live there with a two year old daughter and have never even heard of ebay let alone Escrow! All I managed was to report the matter to the police there, but i doubt they will get anywhere in finding this man.

However I managed to get a POD 'Proof of Delivery' from DHL in Malaga Spain.

He had to sign that he recieved the goods and also write an ID number. This ID number was - B00118378

Is there anybody out there from spain or in the Europe who recognises this number e.g is it a Spainsh Driving I.D or spanish passport number?? or what?

If you do, does anybody know a Goveremnt Body in Spain or Europe that can use it to track this guy down. I know its a long shot and most probably a fake I.D but I need to try something.

JP
Last edited by hufris99 on Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hufris99
NewBorn

Postby andfox » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:33 pm

When you were at the address, did you talk to any of the neighbors to find out how long the sweet couple w/ a 2 year old have lived there? Chances are, these are your people, and they scammed you again.
andfox
NewBorn

Postby hufris99 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:45 pm

I spoke to the neighbours and they said the couple had moved in just two weeks ago. They also said the flat previously, had been empty for a month. The couple living there couldnt even speak English only Spainish. It is highly unlikely they are the scammers. The scammer is not that stupid to give his/her own address. He/She doesnt even live in Spain.

Here is what I have found out through other forums and strongly believe is what happened to me..sorry if you know about this already.

The main scammer is Romanian and lives in Romania. He/She runs the phony Escrow sites from there.

After luring you into his/her Escrow site. He/She tells you to ship the goods to an address in Spain via a recognised courier service like DHL, UPS or FeDEx.

His/Her other Romanian scammers travel all over Spain picking up packages directly from DHL, UPS, FEdex facilities. That is why they are so eager to know the tracking number of the shipment, and what date you sent out the goods. They use fake passports as proof of their ID's

I dont know how the scammer knew the address in Spain, but they just did. He/She obviously knew it would be empty for a while too (possibly from the previous tenants). Hence even if the courier went to deliver the package, nobody would be there to take the goods as they require a signature. Hence they go back to the facilty which is where the scammer picks them up with the fake ID's.

Fernando Maroco is a faked name too. With all these faked details makes them impossible to catch. Its a well crafted out out scam, you have to hand it to them. I only travelled to Spain to kill my curiosity but deep down I knew my goods were gone forever. Now all I can do is warn others rather than dwell on my own sorrows.
hufris99
NewBorn

Scammers-Fake Details-Fake Lives-ORGANIZED INTERPOL CRIME

Postby Eric Brewster » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:41 am

Eric Brewster:
hufris99, would it surprise you any to realize that you have been kicked in the butt by Russian and Rumanian Organized Crime rings? How do you think that they would not know each other......this is the new age Mafia, they specialize in making you and your money part.

It is also a good way for Terrorists to steal goods and for them to make them vanish, anything can vanish the way that they do things, more than likely the couples that lived at this flat in Spain were involved in organized crime and so were the previous couple..........Malaga, Spain, a good old mafia hotbed of the Spanish Org Crime, you know that it is not only the itailians anymore. hufris99, I would also say that there may be some deep spanish government officials accepting payoffs from this spanish fraud artist to keep him and his friends hidden and still ripping off others.

Why, you may say...........? Well for an spanish people to own a pretty good flat one needs a fairly good amount of money, where do they get the money.....jobs. One needs a good job to afford to rent apartments the same as we do here, of course the couple is not going to tell you the scamee that they get paid some money from this scammer, that graft goes on amongst the poor in Spain all the time.......the mafia spanish style is always nearby the poor; perhaps I have seen Casablanca abit too much eh?
Eric Brian Brewster
Eric Brewster
Adolescent

Return to Escrow Fraud