Ihave been frauded

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Ihave been frauded

Postby MMaynard34 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:00 pm

I was selling my laptop on ebay and was contacted, outside of ebay by a Ionut Postolache. he recommened using http://www.goldpouch-deals.com, the site looked alright, i went ahead and sent my laptop(Dell Inpirson 8100) after my item we shippied i havent received or heard anything from him or the goldpouch-deals escrow service. I need help, I do not know what to do toget my laptop back, or get the funds for it. please email at
I sent my laptop by Canada xpresspost-International, i dont believe they can stop shipment and return back tome.
mustaphamaynard@hotmail.com

this is his shiping infom:
First Name: IONUT
Last Name: POSTOLACHE
Address: Via S. Maria in Volturno, 32
City/Town: Viterbo
State/Province: VT
Zip/Postal Code: 01100
MMaynard34
NewBorn

Postby peg » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:03 pm

MMaynard,

First of all you should contact the shipper to see if there is any options on getting it returned through them. They might have some means of tracking/returning.

Secondly, regardless of whether you get your laptop back, you need to contact the local law enforcement and file a report. They may or may not do anything but you should still file the report. Give them all the information you have. Copies of the emails (Full headers), and other correspondence you might have had. Also consider providing a print out of the alleged Auction or ad or whatever was used to draw the interest of those that frauded you.

I know it's not a lot and it's not encouraging. If it's any concellation, I was in the same boat. (That is why I started my site.)

Good luck,
Site Admin
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Escrow Fraud