Real Estate Rental Escrow

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Real Estate Rental Escrow

Postby peg » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Apparently this is the NEXT level of scams.

This was the message regarding this scam site in the Feedback system:

HI..Recently viewed an apartment on craigslist which seemed "too good to be true"
Great area, perfect price, yadda yadda..
I emailed the owner to get more information and request a viewing. He said he was in the military and needed to rent the place out for the next 2 years while he was away on assignment. He said he listed his property with an agency called RentalsRea (http://www.RentalsRea.com) Being weary of online scams I tried to investigate the company. This company doesn't seem to be listed with the BBB, or is the number listed in the 800 directory. (888-655-9241). Is there anything else I could do to verify this company is real, or ask the owner?

Well I called the phone number. Immediately forwarded to Voice mail: "Your call has been forwarded to the voice mail of "RENTALREA", No one is available to take your call. At the tone....."

The message was a *spam* message. The kind where the Owner would record their name (in their own voice) and it would get injected into the message at that point. In this case the name was said in the "Electronic" voice.

Whois is also suspicious:

WHOIS Snippit wrote:Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin (contact@privacyprotect.org)
P.O. Box 97
All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 12-Feb-2008

Creation just over a week ago, and using "PRIVACYPROTECT.ORG" to hide behind?

It's a scam... A new one to look out for, so avoid it.

This too, has been added to the database at :
http://escrow-fraud.com/fraud_data.php?id=5889
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Escrow Fraud